Author Topic: MSTie's TPiR - "Reactive Budget" - THE END!  (Read 32011 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: MSTie's TPiR - "Reactive Budget" - SC 1
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2006, 08:23:09 PM »
Hmm...I will bid on that.

I bid twenty...

*Groans from audience*

no?  Okay...thir...

*Audience threatens to kill Army*

...sigh.  What do you people want?  $17,637?  Oh, fine.  I give up.  $17,637.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FloridaAdam

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2006, 08:35:01 PM »
This is when MSTieScott turns to me, off camera & off microphone, and quietly says, so no one else can hear, "Remember, we need for you to smile and applaud, no matter what kind of crap they show you!", right?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »

There's your bid. FloridaAdam, this is your showcase!

Your showcase features prizes delivered to our train depot by the Price is Right train. And here she comes now, loaded with prizes. And the first car that pulls in is carrying a comfortable daybed.

This Madras daybed from Ashley features unique cane accents and hand-carved details. Add a touch of exciting flair to your home. From the Ashley Companies.

And a new mattress. This Supple-Pedic twin mattress set from Strobel Technologies with its patented Lever-Support System gives proven better sleep. M.D.'s and chiropractors agree. From supple-pedic.com.

And on the next flatcar we find a stunning grandfather clock.

Ridgeway's stately Kensington grandfather clock features rich carvings within cherry and olive ash burl veneers, shaped beveled glass, interior lights, and a beautiful swan's neck pediment. From Ridgeway Clocks.

But at the end of the train, instead of a caboose, we have a luxurious hot tub!

Feel like yourself again with the J-385 from Jacuzzi Hot Tubs. Includes invigorating massage jets, therapy seats, and two Water Rainbow waterfalls. From Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, celebrating 50 years of hydrotherapy.

And this showcase, featuring prizes delivered to our priceless train depot, can be yours if the price is right.

Have you added up all of the prices in your head? If so, what is your bid on that showcase?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: MSTie's TPiR - "Reactive Budget" - SC 2
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2006, 09:06:08 PM »
What!!! No Economy Car!?!?!?!? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :-D

Offline FloridaAdam

« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2006, 09:07:10 PM »
I think PriceFanArmadillo made a pretty good bid, so I don't think I have a lot of room to navigate.  The quick mental cogitation leads me to figure the daybed is $499, the mattress set is (at least) $899, the grandfather clock could be about $3,495 and the spa $7,995, for a bid of $12,888.

Offline FloridaAdam

« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2006, 09:08:42 PM »
And given that tomorrow is my birthday (#32), that would make a win, virtually and really, even sweeter.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

There's one showcase that I hope is won, and one showcase that I sincerely don't want to see won (there's more to a budget besides the prices of things). We'll see if I'm only sad or completely distraught after this.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2006, 10:06:56 PM »

PriceFanArmadillo, we'll start with you. You bid $17,637 on your showcase. The actual retail price is...

$19,589, for a difference of...

$1,952.

FloridaAdam, you were right, he didn't leave you a lot of room. You bid $12,888 on your showcase. The actual retail price IS...

$20,636, for a difference of...

$7,748. I should have known -- PriceFanArmadillo, you win the car showcase!

A grand total of $35,156. That's an incredibly high total for somebody who got up on stage late enough that I didn't want to see them win.

This is MSTieScott, saying I hate you all. And help control the pet population -- have your pets spayed or neutered. Good-bye!

Totals:

PriceFanArmadillo -- $35,156
Joe_Mello -- $24,199
Punchboard91 -- $17,200
CrimsonViper -- $14,065
FloridaAdam -- $8,557
Mr. Matté -- $852
Jordanar18 -- $852
Robert Searcy -- $852
sideshowPA -- $709
CampDaddy90 -- $100 (door prize determined by a random draw)

Comments:

Let's see... three cars, over $20,000 in cash, and tons of other prizes given away. Not only did this episode go over budget, it spent nearly double the budget!

Here's how it was supposed to go down: I expected the first pricing game to be won -- most of the episode would hinge on Pathfinder and It's in the Bag. If Pathfinder was lost, I would use an easy setup of It's in the Bag; if Pathfinder was won, I would use a hard setup of It's in the Bag. If both Pathfinder and It's in the Bag were lost, then I had some easy giveaway prizes lined up, including a car for Range Game and a $14,434 car for Dice Game (or a $20,000+ car with slightly tougher numbers, depending on where things stood).

But since Pathfinder was won, that pretty much forced the remaining four games to receive my hardest and/or cheapest setups. Even if they were won, I'd be okay. But when It's in the Bag was also won, I was hoping for pretty much everything thereafter to be lost.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have placed Step Up and Dice Game in my lineup -- I probably should have done something like Buy or Sell and That's Too Much, so I could have more power to cause full losses. But I really didn't expect the hard It's in the Bag to be won. I mean, that was tough!

The goal at the end was to have the train depot showcase be won (yes, I know it was more expensive, but in the complicated way this was determined, it was much friendlier to the budget). I considered going the opposite route that I ultimately went for the car showcase -- use three prizes that I know people would drastically underprice, moreso than someone would underprice the train depot. But that plan required a $29,000 car and once the budget started going deeper and deeper into the red, it would have been too risky to maybe give a $29,000 car away. On the real show, pretty much any contestant would have overbid on that HHR and I would have been fine. But you...

To avoid a double showcase win, I picked train depot prizes that were slightly different than the ones seen on the show. Not that that helped me any.

So what have we learned? While my plans may have worked with the average contestant, I didn't stand a chance against you guys. Well done.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2006, 10:17:45 PM »

MSTieScott wrote:

A grand total of $35,156. That's an incredibly high total for somebody who got up on stage late enough that I didn't want to see them win.

Not to mention I didn't even win my pricing game.  :-P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MSTie's TPiR - \
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
hahahahahahahaha! MSTieScott, you make me laugh!