Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/23/2009  (Read 26309 times)

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/23/2009
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 12:54:42 AM »
Nice to see an excellent show today after the somewhat disappointing opening two shows of the season. Way too much editing today, but think about it: between the private chef and the fact that both SCSDs went into overtime, something had to be cut somewhere. Still, we are rushing way too much and no idea what's causing it - today it was clearly the long showcases. *sigh* Still, aside from the random laughing in Dice Game where editing was probably at fault, Drew did an excellent job hosting today. One Away was absolutely hilarious and I love how Drew just played along with her doing Bob's routine - "Whatever you're doing must be working".  Because I could not watch today live and had to watch it on Innertube, I chose to do timings as I watched so gonna post them for the first time in a while . We managed to chop 10 seconds off the intro but we're canceling that out with the new website plug after PG6. Only 24 minutes of total gameplay time today - sad (probably due to the SCSDs though).

Intro - 1:12
Grand Game - 4:11
Balance Game - 3:00
Dice Game - 4:15
SCSD #1 - 2:50
Double Prices - 2:30
One Away - 5:08
Cliff Hangers - 4:05
SCSD #2 - 3:49
Showcases - 5:22
Reveal - 2:17

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 01:29:12 AM »
 :-)  Nice to see Dice Game back into thel lineup today & with a classic car cue (MGHS) as well.
Over all a good show today. My rating would be very good or about 80%.  :-)

Have a great evening all!

Vicki

Offline Martin

• Outside in Line
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 01:32:53 AM »
With regards to the One Bid displays, looks like a programming change to me.  The entering appears to manual, like the old displays used to be.  The first 2 eps, it appears the #'s were typed in, and someone hit an enter key, and the bids came in to place on a delay.  The manual way is way better, the pauses were awkward in the first 2 eps.  

Prediction:  The showcase podium displays will eventually change color when the "differences" are revealed.  Especially when someone goes Over, just a guess.  Why have dynamic displays and keep them the same color?

I think people were too easy on how Dice Game played out.  I think the 2nd # was debatable, and the reveal was chopped to bits!

Let's give Drew credit today, he didn't over explain the rules of the pricing games like he usually does...looks like he may be putting time into setting up games a little more.

And there were def. lots of edits today, the *dings* were doubled up at times.

It's only Ep 3, let's see how things progress.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »
Want to add 2 things:

- Did anyone else noticed that Rachel pulled a Holly during IUFB 4? She was holding the Red cellphone (the one on her right) upside down, the video playing on it was upside down.
- Speaking of IUFB4, I love the shot coming back from commercial, with Drew standing in front of the crowd asking Rich for the next contestant, then moving out of the way to show the crowd. I didn't watch much last year due to work, so I don't know if it was like this, but they seem to do that everytime after SCSD1 !!

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »
Today's show seemed to be a  highly edited one.  I know they have always edited the show with Drew but somehow it's beginning to FEEL edited.

Roger (on Stu's show) talked about over-editing and the harm it does to the show.  Is everyone noticing how contestants nowadays seem to be always ready with their answers...nobody on today's show took more than a few seconds to think up their bids!  It seems unnatural for contestants to be that ready with thier bids.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »
:-)  Nice to see Dice Game back into thel lineup today & with a classic car cue (MGHS) as well.

I was happy to see both cars offered with "classic" car cues today: Dice Game offered the MGHSH cue, and One Away had cue 0252 - Spelling Bee car cue.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »
YAY!  Dice Game! :P

What a pair of exciting wins from One Away and Cliff Hangers, too!  I am shocked that Hans didn't go over the cliff after such a bad guess on the teapot.  I figured that teapot woud've been something like $45 or $50.

My showcase bids:
FRPJSC--$25,507
Kitchen/Rome--$30,107
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:14:18 AM by BRB_TheFireball »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 10:47:52 AM »
IUFB#1:  What the hell was Kevin thinking!? ???
Grand Game:  I can't believe Jessica thought that the Crisco was over $7.00!  I also didn't think the compact would be under $7.00, nor did I think the vanilla would be over $7.00.
Dice Game:  Nice to see this one again, and what a great win! :-)  I thought for sure the second number was going to be 1.
Double Prices:  What happened to "alakazaam"?
One Away:  Nice job! :-)  I thought for sure when I found out that Sheena had 4 numbers right on the first try that the price was going to be all red.
SCSDs:  Alright, the first dollars of the season! :-)  Too bad nothing was won on the bonus spins.

Great show today, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 11:46:28 AM »
Really good show!  LOVED the shot from the back of the house, great idea DePirro, or Drew, or Mike or whomever.  Good work!

So how do you guys feel about priceisright.com being "the best Price is Right site on the internet"?

I think that people who want that kind of site will feel it's the best, I mean the videos alone - wow!  (Like the song says "Can't touch that!)"   But people who are looking for more poster interaction will think g-r is the best TPIR site on the internet.  And alot of people are registering on both which of course gives an even broader experience.  I think it's all good.  I always did like Multiple Choice!

I also would love to see bloopers and outtakes, maybe during closing credits, or the walk from the showcase podium to the big door, because I would love to see what happened that cracks everyone up!

Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »
One Bid 1: : "What? (Kevin's) bid a dollar lower? Shoulda bid a dollar higher."

Grand Game: I had a feeling the vanilla extract was going to be high. I must give props to Jessica for picking the compact before the extract and the Master Lock.

Balance Game: Man, that steam shower looks like a time machine or something. I would've went all out with the $3K and $4K bags as well.

Ah, the dice for the...
Dice Game: I was so scared if the second number was really a 1 with a couple of those good rolls.

Double Prices: $2516 is a little too low. Go big.

One Away: I had gotten so used to The Mighty Sound Effects Lady that I completely forgot about using the "Ladies..." routine. It just did not sound right the way Drew was suggesting TMSEL and Sheena using "Ladies..." Whichever way works, it's still enough for the win.

Cliff Hangers: The edits seem so choppy during this segment (and other parts of the episode. I was expecting to see/hear an "edited for broadcast" note in the end, but I didn't). That did not affect the great play. It kinda redeemed Kevin from that first One Bid.

... Same for the Showcases segment.

I'm beginning to like the new turntable wall; the way the colors pulsate during the one Bids and how it changes color according to the game played (Example: The wall is yellow and red during Dice Game).
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 12:46:56 PM »
I blame the edits on the television industry's addiction to increasing commercial times. Had the commercial times been the same as when TPIR started, there would be less of these odd edits.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
If commercial times stayed the same as they were in 1972, CBS would have cancelled the show and others in its lineup long ago since they wouldn't be making enough money.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »
I should note that I loved that fly curtain thing that conceals items up for bids on this show, it had a very colorful pattern with the asterisks and pricedown dollar signs.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:28 PM »
Grand Game: Should've gone with the Crisco in the first place.

Balance Game: Come on, that steam shower looks way more expensive than $5,327!

Dice Game: Hooray, it's back! And it starts Season 38 with a win! Hooray again!

Double Prices: I knew it couldn't be $2,516, and I was right. (No Alakazam from Drew??? Well, that's weird.)

One Away: Bob would've loved this, seeing Sheena do the old "Ladies, do I have 'x' numbers right?" bit.

Cliff Hangers: Nice conservative playing, and sweet redemption for Kevin who made a stupid mistake in the first One-Bid! He even got one SP on the nose??? How amazing is that???

SCSDs: I love it when they go digging in both SCSDs!

Showcases: I knew that both contestants were off by a mile on their Showcases, but Kevin ends his day on a high note!

Not a bad show, with 4 games being won.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »
Props to Sheena for doing the One Away inquiry the old school way. I like the way that Drew does it, but it was nice to see that someone still remembers the way that Bob told us to do it. :)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Sheena
SHOW GRADE: 3