Author Topic: CSS Results for September 28  (Read 2701 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for September 28
« on: September 28, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »
The VW Beetle convertible showcase with tough-to-price extras (well, not the department store gift card... I bet it was $1,000!) had results ranging from GOTC to $1 shy of DSW-worthy, and two minor overbids. The film-based showcase on the other hand was simply a matter of did you kind of garf it or REALLY garf it?

Kev347 comes out on top with a score ten points better than anybody else, a hard DSW and $1 away from a hard/soft DSW. I think we all know that trips are incredibly unpredictable; the HD camcorder was probably a lot more than most of us thought, or else those vacations to film festivals were REALLY ultra-deluxe.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for September 28, 2009 -- Game 5

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
Re: CSS Results for September 28
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
Showcase #2 was an evil trick today. I'll give you a hint on the camera - any time you hear the words "Canon" and "professional", start piling on the dollar signs to the tune of, well, many thousands of dollars. Also, expensive trips. They offered a Sundance trip similarly last year and even for 4 nights it was still in the high 5k, low 6k range if I remember correctly. Then Cannes is expensive and yeah. As for the 1st showcase, cheap makeover crap and a car that's pretty expensive. Surprised more people didn't go over on the car. I think they wanted the car won today, so they put a bunch of cheap stuff with it and made the other showcase super sexed up.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »
Showcase #1: Major garfing on my part.
Showcase #2:  :gotc:

joeyboy's got tickets to garfapalooza. He earned backstage passes with showcase #2.

Oh well, I guess it's better than going over.

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:13:51 PM »
Woo top 15!

I shouldve know that camcorder was mucho dinero.

Offline Macsen

• Retro Recap Guide
  • The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »
We got a  :gotc: :gotc:  :biggrin:

I only double-garfed.  :oldlol:
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »
Boy do I have some work to do in the GOTC column....
I knew that Camera was $$$$ i just didn't bid like it was...., i gather 8K for the XL

Kev, I bow down to you
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 04:09:41 PM »
31209 / 19409

Too bad we missed the Corvette today, hahah...nice job on the car, happy about that at least
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »
I had $4,000 on the camcorder and still REALLY garfed it.

Oh, yeah.  Now that we're in the new season, I would like to take this time to reveal one of the best-kept CSS secrets of all time.  Today, I am going to reveal the secret behind all of my bids ending in -07.  I began ending my bids in -07 the same day in December 2007 that Michael Vick was put in jail.  Vick wore a #7 jersey for the Falcons (and now does the same for the Eagles).  So there you go, Jordan.  I promised I would tell my secret... and I did.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »
$30,100/$16,200... Armadillo edges me by $8 on the second showcase, but it matters not as I get my second straight win.

To avoid confusion this week, I'm not going to update the scoreboard until I have Armadillo's bids for the second show each day.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »
Well, so far this season for me has proven to be a total Garf-o-palooza.  Who whould have thought a video camera would be worth $8K?  And I would have never guessed a VW Bug of any kind would ever break $20K. 8-O

I seriously need to stop garfing.

(Which probably means I'll go OVER on Wednesday)

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
The HD camcorder was less than I thought. I had it pegged at about $8K. B&H says approx. $5K at the low end. I guess I confused it with a Sony EX3.....

Who whould have thought a video camera would be worth $8K?

Just wait til you find out how much the camcorders are that local news stations use.

Cannes, on the other hand? I guessed $12K. Must've been where I garfed.....

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 06:06:34 PM »
Wow. My total difference is higher than either of my two showcase bids.

Kev....I didn't say anything about $10 riding on this season, did I? If I did, I'd like to retract that bet.  :P

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 08:29:54 PM »
Just wait til you find out how much the camcorders are that local news stations use.

Yeah, I've seen TV cameras before and I know they've got to be worth thousands of dollars, but this wasn't anything like those (at least I thought it wasn't).  ;)

Anyway, I think the other part of my problem is I almost always go low on trips because they're usually unpredictable and I don't want to risk going over.  That's also part of the reason why I survived so many Big Ones toward the end of last season.  In this case, it burned me.  Usually France = $8-10K, but apparently not this time.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
Too bad we missed the Corvette today...
Pipe down.  I would have Doubled at $63K.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »
Umm...yeah.

One of likely only two playings this semester, and we get saddled with random trips? Yay.

"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.