Author Topic: Next host your own game  (Read 2740 times)

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
Next host your own game
« on: October 10, 2009, 10:55:36 PM »
When is the next game?  I really want to join

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
Re: Next host your own game
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:17:14 PM »
Two games can be hosted at the same time, however, Frank15 may host his own as the moderator of this board, and is not subject to the "two games" rule.  So, keep checking back every so often, and when you see a thread marked "SIGN UPS", or something to that effect, you may then join.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »
That said, please keep this rule in mind:

Quote from: Frank15
In order to participate in a full show, you must be an active member in other Price is Right related areas of the site. Generally speaking, this means that at least 20% (at least one out of every five) of your posts should be outside of the Host Your Own section.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 09:58:54 PM »
Yeah... pretty much what they said.  I'm been a bit busy lately to host another myself, but their words are truth.

Offline shieldsy101

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »
Hi, I'm new around here and a have a question I've been wanting to get off my chest, but as a 'noob' i'm slightly scared that people are going to go absolutely mental on me.
I've read the rules regarding the host your owns, especially the one saying that at least 20% of all your posts must be in somewhere else other than in the Host your own. My question is, if your someone like me who probably won't post much (partly due to the fact that I live in Australia and only get to see TPIR on Youtube and other places like that) and I had say 50 posts to my name and I decided to take part (not host) in a host your own. If i got called up for a pricing game during that game, and during that time, my post total included less than 20% of posts coming from somewhere other than here, would that mean I would automatically be disqualified or something.
If someone could clear this up for me that would be great because I am really confused
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:21:03 AM »
Hi, I'm new around here and a have a question I've been wanting to get off my chest, but as a 'noob' i'm slightly scared that people are going to go absolutely mental on me.
I've read the rules regarding the host your owns, especially the one saying that at least 20% of all your posts must be in somewhere else other than in the Host your own. My question is, if your someone like me who probably won't post much (partly due to the fact that I live in Australia and only get to see TPIR on Youtube and other places like that) and I had say 50 posts to my name and I decided to take part (not host) in a host your own. If i got called up for a pricing game during that game, and during that time, my post total included less than 20% of posts coming from somewhere other than here, would that mean I would automatically be disqualified or something.
If someone could clear this up for me that would be great because I am really confused

i'm in a similar situation to you, although i have been in chat quite frequently for this US season (which I guess doesn't count for much).  i'd even be prepared to host an HYO game based on the aus show. perhaps with two aussies between us we could get a bit of posting going on in the "around the world" section.... :P

Offline shieldsy101

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 06:22:56 PM »
I was thinking of hosting a TPIR game based on season 36+ but with the Australian showcase rules on Bigjons Forum
It would work pretty much the same as the normal TPIR but the two contestants who make it into the showcase, instead of bidding on their own unique showcase, they bid on one unique showcase with about 8 prizes in it. the host gives them a $100 range and the person who guesses it exactly right goes to play for all the prizes (think Bigjons Mega Showcase).
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »
If most of your posts are not in Host Your Own Column, you can join host your own game.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 06:35:14 PM »
To answer the question about the 20%: The host will simply not make your name part of the selection process, so you wouldn't be called down. However, this requirement is not much; simply post on the Out in Left Field Section (where you can talk about nearly anything), or, since you are both from Australia, just add some things to the Price Around the World Section. It would be much appreciated, because I'd like to know more about that version.

Happy: Please see my quote from Frank earlier in the thread. You actually can have most of your posts be here, more specifically, up to 4 out of every 5 can be.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!