Poll

What's your favorite game(s) at Dave and Busters?

Big Bass Wheel
6 (17.1%)
Haunted Hotel
1 (2.9%)
Spin and Win
2 (5.7%)
Skeeball
6 (17.1%)
Hoop Shots (Basketball)
0 (0%)
Deal or No Deal
8 (22.9%)
Wheel of Fortune
5 (14.3%)
Arcade Classics
3 (8.6%)
Raptor's Revenge
1 (2.9%)
Other
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: What's your favorite game(s) at Dave and Busters?  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
What's your favorite game(s) at Dave and Busters?
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:55:38 PM »
I had scored over 90,000 tickets overall at Dave and Busters from December 2008 to September 2009 and spent over $500.00 worth of credits.  I took full advantage of that "1/2 off games Wednesday" during the spring/summer season.  I scored enough to win a Nintendo Wii System and still have over 23,000 tickets left in my card.  I'm waiting for the Christmas season coming because I need to buy some small appliances that they have at the Winner's Circle.  I play Haunted Hotel and Big Bass Wheel a lot, followed by Raptor's Revenge and Spin and Win.  At times, I get the 1000 tickets in some of the games a couple of times.  At one time, I scored over 10,000 tickets in 375 credits (equal to $55.00).  What's your favorite game?

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
Re: What's your favorite game(s) at Dave and Busters?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:59:46 PM »
My favourites include:

- Big Bass Wheel (they might as well get the license from Dismantle and rename it the Big Wheel, or the Showcase Showdown, or something to that effect)

- Wheel Of Fortune (the pusher version, and also the Cyclone clone)

- Spin & Win (I've hit the 1000 space three times in succession)

- Slam-A-Winner (the key is DON'T aim for the Jackpot space, it will naturally land in there)
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 03:39:01 PM »
- Big Bass Wheel (they might as well get the license from Dismantle and rename it the Big Wheel, or the Showcase Showdown, or something to that effect)
Good idea!  But, it's Fremantle.  Not Dismantle!  Need some work on the spelling.

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »
Good idea!  But, it's Fremantle.  Not Dismantle!  Need some work on the spelling.

He' making fun of the company "dismantling" our favorite game shows
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 05:19:22 PM »
Eh, what's up, Doc?  Betsy and I enjoy playing Skee-Ball.  I also like to play classic games like Pac-Man, which my Dave & Buster's does not have; so I would play an alternative game: Ms. Pac-Man.  Th-th-th-that's all Folks!

Hector Manuel Torres Jr. :-)

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »
But, it's Fremantle.  Not Dismantle!

I realize, and like GR WHAMMY said, I'm merely making fun of Fremantle screwing with formats (see: Temptation US, Card Sharks '01, Match Game '98).
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »
I like Skee ball & Deal or no Deal!!!   :P

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 02:22:36 AM »
He' making fun of the company "dismantling" our favorite game shows
( imitating Steve Martin )...Well, EXCUUUUSSSSEEE MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 03:04:32 AM »
We don't have a Dave and Buster's around here, but we do have places like D&B's where they have the Deal or No Deal game.  It's VERY addicting!  As much as I've played it, I've never won the double-deal jackpot. (In some places, you'll get 400 tickets.  I believe the double-deal jackpot is 600 tickets at King's Island, if I remember correctly.)  I've been places where they've had to replace the ticket reel after I'd finished playing because I'd cleaned up so much, but I've never won the jackpot!  How's that for my luck?

I also like to think I'm good at Skee Ball, but I just end up embarrassing myself.  :lol:

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »
It's been ages since I've been there once at Ontario (California) Mills Malls.  I voted for the classic arcade games, I've not heard or played any other yet but one of these days I'll check them out.

Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 11:13:33 AM »
We don't have a Dave and Buster's around here, but we do have places like D&B's where they have the Deal or No Deal game.  It's VERY addicting!  As much as I've played it, I've never won the double-deal jackpot. (In some places, you'll get 400 tickets.  I believe the double-deal jackpot is 600 tickets at King's Island, if I remember correctly.) 
We have one of those in the food court of the local mall.  It doesn't use tickets since it's a standalone machine, but it has a top prize of 1,000,000 tickets (2 mil for Double Deal), and you can collect the printouts and put them in the mail to collect prizes. 

To give you an idea of the prize ratio, it's 1.5 million for a $10 gift card, 3 million for a $25 gift card, all the way up to 25 million for a GPS unit.

I love this game because...well, it's really, really easy to win.  I always get a chuckle when I see someone playing the Stacker game next to it because, if you have an eye as quick as mine, it's quite possible to win the million at least half the time.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy