Author Topic: CSS Results for October 12  (Read 2648 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for October 12
« on: October 12, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »
Three "winners" today. Kev347 on the home theatre package, and cu2010 on the Verizon Guy. Not all that surprisingly, tpirfan28 with the points win again. Seems that now that we're in an era of showcases that many of the past great players can't price for ****, some new blood is coming in.

Give me a Hi-Lo trailer and a West Wight Potter any day of the week.  :P

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for October 12, 2009 -- Game 15

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Online Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: CSS Results for October 12
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
FRATs will never be my strong suit, ever. I'll be taking my B+ day and be back next month... :D
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
I send my bid at 10:50 PST, but did not see my bid on the list.  I bid $28,800 on Accord Showcase, and $20,000 on the Verizon.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »
We definitely need stuff we can actually price, like trailers or the Boat of Doom.  These random trips are getting to be too much

As for my performance today...at least I didn't go over! :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »

Not all that surprisingly, tpirfan28 with the points win again. Seems that now that we're in an era of showcases that many of the past great players can't price for ****, some new blood is coming in.
Nope - just an old fart who has just figured this game out.  (Player since Season 35 - so year 4 and I finally "get it".)
Give me a Hi-Lo trailer and a West Wight Potter any day of the week.  :P
...and I'd still take the win.

(and Happy - this game only takes place during the 11AM Eastern playing.  Cheating could occur if we allowed Pacific time players.)
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »
....some new blood is coming in.

This newer blood still can't figure out the FRATs.

Give me a Hi-Lo trailer and a West Wight Potter any day of the week.  :P

Agreed. I might actually do better.  :biggrin:

Offline upperclasstwit

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 07:38:34 PM »
Ouch! I did not do well at all today. I went slightly over on one bid, and I was way too low on the other one!

But I still had fun playing. Usually, my college schedule limits me to playing only on Fridays. This is why I'm glad we have Columbus Day, a day that honors a man who did something that many other people had already done.

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
All I can say is "meh."  I'll take my points, and AGAIN with the near GOTC.

Ah well.

YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 08:21:49 PM »
$28,200/$26,100... simply outplayed by Armadillo. That's the way the game goes sometimes.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
Finally, a performance that I can feel good about!  :-D

I did lowball some of the theater equipment in SC1, but I was pretty much on the money on the trips for a change (but not in the money, unfortunately ;) ).  For those who went under $25,000, keep in mind that Costa Mediterranean Cruise = $$$$$.  And I'd bet the other trips averaged around $8-9K apiece as well.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »
I miss the good old days when the mere mention of Amsterdam would set off red flags that the showcase will be a Fireball Special.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 09:07:16 PM »
I miss the good old days when the mere mention of Amsterdam would set off red flags that the showcase will be a Fireball Special.

Yeah.  It seems like the days of predictable prizes (the WWP) are over; I had tabbed $8K for Amsterdam and only $800 for the phone.  It really shows how crazy these past two years have been.

Seems that now that we're in an era of showcases that many of the past great players can't price for ****, some new blood is coming in.

And you say that as I keep a virtual stranglehold on the #2 position on the Weekly Overall Leaderboard.  You're right though--the days of PriceFan985, RobertSearcy (I owe you man...I really do.  If it wasn't for you, Stephanie and I wouldn't be loving each other), Fireball, and Voltron kicking our butts in CSS on a daily basis are over as well, and I go from being in the cellar two seasons ago to holding on that aforementioned #2 spot!?  With my fourth-place showing after last year's playoffs, it seems that I've finally figured out how to play this game.

:mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:09:19 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »
Yay cash! Home theater systems and those seats are really expensive - not saying how much though. Congrats on following up a QSW with a win, 28! And I wouldn't say it's a new breed so much as luck is involved now with these trips so that makes this all more unpredictable. I bet in some ways things will even out as the season progresses. I'm on a fairly lucky run right now, but bound to hit a bunch of heelses eventually (I've been pushing it a lot lately!) Just strap in tightly, because with these showcases it's going to be a long, wild ride.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
Woohoo! Cash!  Too bad it won't mean squat to me...still won't have anywhere near enough games to even remotely come close to qualifying for this years' playoffs. :D

Oh, I'm sure Amsterdam WAS cheap. It's just that a Mediterranean cruise and Hong Kong are not cheap. :D

And I got lucky on this trips today in that I was the only one crazy enough to go for it. When the self-proclaimed King of FRATS has troubles pricing trips, you know it's bad. :D

"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 01:31:41 AM »
Blackberry - $1,020
Trip to Amsterdam - $9,959
Costa Mediterranean Cruise - $10,495
Trip to Hong Kong - $9,733

I'd say Amsterdam was not a Fireball Special this time. :D  I'm also shocked to see it go that high.  I was thinking about $7-8K for it, but I was also expecting the cruise to approach $13K, so my errors ended up cancelling out.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:37:34 AM by TPIRSteven »