Author Topic: It's the BPiR Qwazy Quote game!  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Billy

• In the Audience
It's the BPiR Qwazy Quote game!
« on: May 15, 2006, 03:47:47 AM »
Here's a fun game I've thougbt up. I've taken five quotes from assorted episodes of Bruce's Price is Right, and you have to guess who said them and why.

1. "I can't even say 'Oh, what a shame' because it's not been a shame, it's been a disaster"
2. "I don't know, I'm just reading off this bit of paper!"
3. "Answer the telephone! Say hello!"
4. "It says 'The Price Is Right' on it"
5. "Oh, that's lovely! And what a lovely spark...what a BIG spark! And when it gets to the end...LOOK OUT!"

Obviously I don't expect you to get all of them, but have fun thinking up possibilities anyway. I'll give you a clue - three of them were said by Bruce, with the remaining two said by others (if it's a contestant or audience member, you don't need to give the name, just say 'A contestant' or 'An audience member'). Oh yeah, and since the quotes were taken from the recaps I did in 2004-5, no cheating by looking at them!

The answers will be revealed this time next week - Monday May 22nd. Until then, start guessing!

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
Re: It's the BPiR Qwazy Quote game!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:57:27 AM »
My Answers:

1.  Bruce said this when nobody won any of the games in the show (This was in his first series fronting the show).

2.  Peter Dickson (announcer) said this when Bruce asked him what exactly a one bid prize was used for.  I can't remember what the prize was but this is when it was said.

3. I remember something similar to this was another mic-handoff gag in the Bruce's first series in 1995.

4. A audience member said this when Bruce asked a contestant about a teddybear he was holding (it was a Price is Right teddybear from when Leslie Crowther hosted the show).

5.  Again from Bruce's first series as host.  Brian (prize guy) brought on a pretend stick of dynamite during the mic handoff gag at the beginning.

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 10:29:34 AM »
Hi Billy, Are these the same answers that you had?

Offline Billy

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 03:54:36 PM »
Oh yeah, sorry.

Wow, you're good - yep, you got four right. Number 3 was what Bruce said after a contestant had won a showcase that included a telephone, and these were his words to them as he was showing them round the prizes.

The first series of BPiR generally seemed to contain a lot more banter with Peter and the models, it's a shame it didn't last.