Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/13/2006  (Read 36167 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/13/2006
« on: October 13, 2006, 02:08:48 PM »

Production #3715K - Taped July 24, 2006 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: off camera

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Samuel Song

1   Water Ventures Yobro Paddle Board (S)
HOLLY 425BARBARA *895MARK 500JENNIFER 575($1795)

Barbara from Hamilton, ON plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Jeep Wrangler SE (Std., Paint, Seats, Prot)(B)

Picks:
$1 
6 7 5 5
Price:9 8 3 4
Bucks:4 3 1 0   PAINFUL LOSS

2   (GE) Washer/Dryer (G)
+Holly 1901KIMBERLY *1400+Mark 1900+Jennifer 1600($1668)

Kimberly plays 1/2 OFF

(Back To Basics) Hot Drink Maker$19$38*BOXES IN PLAY
Cereal Dispenser402 4 7 8 9 10 13 15
Communicator Wristwatch1530*
(Braun) Electric Toothbrush574 7 9 15
Cordless Hand Mixer1224*
(Norelco) Rechargeable Shaver394 15

Pick:   (15)   EMPTY
Stash: ( 4 )   LOSS

3   Honda CRF80 Offroad Motorcycle (B)
+Holly 3500IHOR (OS) 2000+Mark 1+Jennifer 1800($2094)
STUPID BID

Jennifer plays SQUEEZE PLAY for a trip to Sedona, AZ (via Flagstaff)(6n @ El Portal)(G&S)

Setup:3 2 6 1 8
Pick:$ 3 2 1 8
Price:$ 3 6 1 8   PAINFUL LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,795Brabara  95 stay.95
1,896Kimberly1001.00*$1000*   Bonus 10   Through to Showcase Round
2,094Jennifer  15 + 45.60

4   Olevia 27" LCD TV (S)
+Holly 2201
MARY NELL 2000
+Mark 1800
Ihor 2200
OVERBID
($899)

Holly plays ONE AWAY for a Chevy Monte Carlo LS (Std., V6, AT, RKE, Sealer)(B&G)

Setup1st Try2nd Try
2 1 5 6 42 6     57    
3 2 6 7 52 3 7 6 62 1 5 8 4
4 3 7 8 63        73 2 6     5
1 RIGHTWIN!

Yes, this did happen the last time out (Sept. 27). Perhaps this is a trend. Perhaps not, but we'll take it while we can. Meanwhile, is it just me, or did that sneaky Ihor move into Jennifer's spot? This guy wants back on that stage bad!

5   THE DREADED LOB-STER TENNIS BALL MACHINE! (S)
LINDA 500Mary Nell 600+Mark 625Ihor *700($849)

Ihor plays STEP UP

(4) 8 Cuisinart Small Appliaces$1065
(2) Corsican Rabbit Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit1399+500
(3) Yamaha Clavinova Digital Piano2595+1000BAILOUT
(1) Picnic Time Picnic Equipment500

Well, Ihor may have been a sneaky one, but Mark has been consistent - consistently stuck. He has one last chance to get out of the Row, and thanks to Ihor's stealth activity Mark gains the last bid advantage. He must use it well or be banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club - and Ihor won't be there to bail him out of that!

6   Strellman's Sapphire/Diamond Pendant (B)
Linda *700Mary Nell 850+Mark 851TAYLOR 1000($726)

Mark heads off to the clubhouse while Linda plays HIT ME for a Great Lakes Forte Hot Tub (G)($5125)

(1) Pillsbury Garlic Butter Crescent Rolls$9.56$2.394c4
(3) (Dole) Pineapple Slices (15 oz)17.901.79Qh14
(5) (Oxford) Ruled Index Cards (100)1.38.692c16Stays
(2) (Carnation) Malted Milk35.12
(4) (Nature Valley) Granola Bars (12 pk)3.29
(6) (Mrs. Dash) Seasoning16.74

House Hand: (10s) Js - 20   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2Bonus Spinoff
$726Linda1001.00*$1000*   .20
7,408Ihor  80 + 201.00*$1000*   .55Through to Showcase Round
22,483Holly  75 + 60OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Ihor has the honor.

SC1-IhorWhirlpool Range, Fridge & Dishwasher (B)
Magnussen Valenza Dining Group
Noritake Ardmore China Dinnerware (G)
Trip to Singapore (6n)(B)
BID$13,500
PRICE18,689
DIFF- 5,189
TOTAL$  8,408
SC2-KimberlyNEW WORDS (S)
Horizon T64HR Treadmill (G)
GA Systems Home Soda Fountain (B)
Giant RV Weekend Warrior Toy Hauler (G)
BID$25,000
PRICE26,702
DIFF- 1,702
TOTAL$29,598

Today's Pricing Games: 1 for 6 (with 1 Bailout)
Total Winnings: $66,104

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/20/2006
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 02:16:48 PM »
I was only able to watch the "One Away" playing; did I just travel back in time to September 27?  That was an EXCELLENT playing...definately YouTube worthy!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 02:21:50 PM »
Lucky Seven: If only Barabra had known a Jeep was at least $18,000....

Half Off: Darn. I thought 15 was it because it was green. The small items were easy to get, but not with the second part.

Squeeze Play: $3,618 looked the most right, because spa trips are fairly expensive.

One Away: Won for the third time in a row, and the second time in a row a person has gotten only one right on the first try to win.

Step Up: Played pretty well.

Hit Me: Played very poorly.

SSD2: Two $1,000 in the Showcase Showdown!

Showcases: I thought Kiberly had overbid on the trailer showcase, but I was wrong!

Overall: The second half was a bit better, but the show still wasn't all that good.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 02:30:08 PM »

BobboChung wrote:

Hit Me: Played very poorly.

Yeah...just like my last few trips to Vegas and AC, Hit Me has had a horrible run of luck this season!  Yikes!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 02:31:34 PM »
I only saw the 2nd half, but here goes...

L7:  Didn't see it, but The Dob seems to like this price--didn't we see it with the Dodge Caravans last year?  And just like when Robert Searcy played L7 in a HYO with me as the contestant, it looks like it came down to the last number with $1...in my case, I guessed 4, and it was a $21,895 car.  In Barbara's case, she guessed 5...and got burned.  If we had switched, we'd both have cars, only hers would be real :-).

1/2 off:  Again, didn't see it, but it looks like you can't play it any better.

Squeeze:  Tuned in here, and I had no clue what the right number was there.

One Away:  Holly should've been much more excited when she only had one right!  She looked like she didn't realize it pretty much meant automatic win, but she figured it out.

Step Up:  Most of us in chat, myself included, had no idea the picnic gear would be so cheap.  That actually strikes me as a great Hole-in-One strategy:  if you're not sure of the order between two prizes, pick one and leave the other to the very end.  It'll be wrong at some point, but you don't risk losing much earlier.

Hit Me:  That was terrible.  PICK A PRICE THAT ENDS IN 0!!

Showcases:  My bids:  $18534/$23000.  My first DSW!

And that's the last show I'll be able to watch for about 6 weeks, as I'm off to Sweden!

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »
I wonder if something's going to happen as a result of Ihor switching spots.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »
Lucky Seven- That was evil. I hate when Roger does that. :-(

1/2 Off- Ugh, what a painful start to the show. We desperately need a pick-me-up.

Showcase Showdown #1- Finally, there's our pick-me-up. I wish it had been Barbara, though... she was a great contestant.

One Away- Unbelievable, it happened again!!! That is amazing.

Showcase Showdown #2- Wow, what a day for the dollar! If nothing else, at least the Big Wheel was generous (!) today.

Showcase- Goodness, we were in SUPER rush mode there. I don't think I've ever seen the ARP reveals go that fast.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Barbara.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- After a couple of great shows, we end the week with an average one... Grade: 2

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 03:18:59 PM »
Lucky $even-If only she had not screwed up on the second number, she should have won.  That last number was evil.

½ Off-That was painful, the SPs were easy to guess which one was underpriced.  I would never have guessed #4 had the money.

Squeeze Play-I would have also removed the 6 and lost.

One Away-When you only get one number right, you're in great shape!  Bob's buildup before the reveal was great.

Step Up-Never expected to see this one in the fifth slot!  Anyway, it was a tough choice between the picnic totes and small appliances for the first pick.  Ihor's strategy was good to pick the other prizes besides the totes, so he would not lose it all.

Hit Me-I wondered why she went with the rolls first.  That was played badly.

SCSD #2-That first 1.00 spin was interesting...

Showcases-The first showcase, I bid $17,400 and would only be $1,289 off.  For the showcase with the random trailer, I would have bid $22,000 and be over $4,000 off.

Overall, an interesting show today.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline MichaelC

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 03:22:23 PM »
Average show for me today and the wheel saves the day!

Lucky Seven: I had this eerie feeling that last number might be a "4".

1/2 OFF: Speaking of "4" I would have gone "4" here also and won.

Squeeze: No clue on this one though.

One Away: Awesome win again! A bit overplayed, but unlike TTM at least this gets won.

Step Up: Played nicely. Although I could swear I could hear Bob calling him "Eeyore" every time.  :-D

Hit Me: Wasn't expecting this again. More like Pick-A-Pair. This game's been played as much as Plinko and Double Prices so far this season. Still one of my favorites though.

Can't wait for next week!

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 03:42:04 PM »
Me...beating Frank...how bizzare.

Not that I'm hoping for a Lucky $even loss, but I'm curious to see a loss before the last digit to see if the price will be completly revealed like it was on the season premiere.

Rich on camerea...always love it. :-D

Speaking of Rich on camera, Roger was standing on the same side of the stage as he was.  Wonder why that was.

And speaking of Roger, I'm trying to figure out if he wanted ½ Off won or lost.  I knew it was going to come down to boxes four and fifteen.  I chose fifteen as well, thinking it would be there, thinking the Dob was aiming for a loss despite the easy SP portion; but it was in four...so maybe he thought ahead for that.

I'm surprised that the small appliances in Step Up were as expensive as they were, and I never expected the picnic totes to be as cheap as they were.

Thank God Ihor won the second Showcase Showdown after Linda got a dollar.  Her first spin should have been disqualified after she kept pulling down on the handles after she had spun.  I'm surprised they let that get away.  Makes me wonder if anything would have been done about it if she hadn't landed on the dollar.

GoldenBulldog wrote:
"One Away"...That was an EXCELLENT playing...definately YouTube worthy!

Hardly, she had four digits wrong on her initial guess.  That's hardly "excellent."  It is absolutely no help to play One Away in a fashion of trying to get the last four digits wrong intentionally.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/13/2006
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 03:45:44 PM »
lucky Seven-ouch! That was a bad break for Barbara there.

Half Off- kimberly played that very well there,but fell short.

Squeeze Play-The moment that Jennifer took out the six I had a feeling she had lost.

One Away- That was prety much a easy win again since Holly got only one number right.

Step up-Ihor made the right decison to stop. If he had gone on he would have lost.

Hit me-Linda played that very badly and sloppy too.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 03:51:16 PM »
Lucky Seven: Oh, it was really coming down to the last number. Barbara played okay, but picking 6 was so risky--I was thinking either 8 or 9.

½ Off: First I picked 6 -- gone. Then I picked 2 -- gone. I think the majority of the audience said 4. However, Kimberly and I picked 15. Bad Choice.

Squeeze Play: I knew the 6 had to stay. Thinking back to what I said about trips before, taking the 2 out would be a good idea; but then my thought of a price ending in 18 wouldn't be good. Then I got confused. At least my initial thought about the 6 was right.

One Away: At first, I thought Holly had four right with the last 6 being wrong. With only one horn, IT had to happen again. So only the 2 was right....

One Bid 5: Duck!!

Step Up: Boy were those small appliances expensive! Well, at least we can step up decent from there.

One Bid 6: Boy I had some successful strategy bidding 2001 for the motorcicle on the third One Bid. Now, I wanted Mark to bid 1001. When Linda won, a nice, bold "Dammit!" came out somewhere. At least we both tried.

Hit Me: A little bad, but not as bad as last time.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 04:16:35 PM »
IUFB #1:  O_o  What an unusual... boat?

PG #1:  Given that this Jeep has PS/FP on it, the last number wasn't gonna be 5.  Jeeps with PS/FP almost always end in 4, so I knew this was gonna be a painful loss when she went to the last number with only $1 left.

PG #2:  Roger didn't put the money on the bottom row.  Highly unusual.

PG #4:  Holy cow, One Away 4th on an FPG day!  And holy cow #2, Holly pulled a Connie!  This PG has been on a hot streak this season.  Three wins in a row, two of them coming from having only one number right on the first try.  Take that, Roger!

IUFB #5:   THE LOB-STER!

PG #5:  Wow, I wasn't expecting Step Up!  (Yeah, I put it on my GRECO card and my FPG card, but I definitely wasn't expecting it 5th.)  This game should've been won as that picnic stuff was obviously gonna be the cheapest prize up there.  Nonetheless, a decent haul for Ihor.

PG #6:  HIT ME AGAIN?!  We just played this last Friday!  Nice time for this to show up--this is the first week of the season that Roger gets to play the FPG and, to quote Robair from today's chat, "he made DAMN SURE to put it on a Friday".  To the game itself, that had to be one of the worst Hit Me playings I've ever seen.

My showcase bids:
Random room/trip--$18,507 (Another DSW-quality bid!  My 5th one of the season, 3d official one in CSS)
FRTS--$21,499

Marc wrote:
Yeah...just like my last few trips to Vegas and AC, Hit Me has had a horrible run of luck this season! Yikes!

[d]That's why I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we're probably gonna see more Hit Me and less Pappy (which had unusually easy setups and a very high win percentage last season) this season.  Roger might be counting on getting contestants that play Hit Me poorly.  That's the only explanation I can provide for that game showing up three weeks in a row.[/d]

[color=CC0000]11/6/06 EDIT:  Man, was I ever wrong on that prediction... --Fireball[/color]
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:
"One Away"...That was an EXCELLENT playing...definately YouTube worthy!

Nick wrote:
Hardly, she had four digits wrong on her initial guess. That's hardly "excellent." It is absolutely no help to play One Away in a fashion of trying to get the last four digits wrong intentionally.

Even you have to admit that Holly's playing of "One Away" was just as exciting as Connie's.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 05:30:12 PM »
I disagree, Bulldog, and the reason is the contestant's reaction:  you knew we probably had an LFaT when Connie got all excited when she realized she only had one number right.  Holly, on the other hand, reacted like she had no clue she had basically won the thing.