Author Topic: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price Is Right!! - DRAMATIC CONCLUSION  (Read 30768 times)

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price Is Right!! - SCSD 2
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2006, 12:53:54 AM »
Wow, sorry Frank! Let's go with 11.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price Is Right!! - SCSD 2
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2006, 12:38:32 PM »
Okay, there goes the dollar...it's gonna have to hurry to get back around, but I don't think it's quite gonna...nope, sorry.

But you've got a thousand dollars to go with the ten you've already won, and you'll have a spot in the Showcases coming up...whenever I get around to them!

EDIT:  Hold on, I think yesterday's Chicago Tribune has the perfect picture for this...

There we go.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

• -This space for rent-
Re: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price Is Right!! - SHOWCASES
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2006, 07:21:26 PM »

Okay, Jordan7 is our top winner, rob79 is our runnerup, and here is our first showcase!

This showcase brings to you prizes in honor of our fabulous host, PriceFanArmadillo!  And our first prize takes you to a place where you can see plenty of armadillos, exciting Dallas, Texas!

You and a guest will fly round-trip from Los Angeles to Dallas, Texas, where you will enjoy a six-night stay at the Melrose Hotel, where you will be treated as the honored guests you are.  And we've included four passes to Six Flags.

Next, there's nothing PriceFanArmadillo enjoys on a Sunday afternoon more than kicking back and watching Da Bears kick butt on a new HDTV!!

This 55-inch rear-projection HDTV from Sony combines stylish exterior with the clearest picture quality to give you an unrivaled television experience.  Sony, when quality counts.

And finally, when he's not relaxing at the TV or away at class, he relishes nothing more than making an infinitely better bid on Heelsrule1988 in CSS on prizes like this NEW CAR!!!

The 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT!  Be the coolest cat on your block with the latest, trendiest car the Chrysler Group has to offer.  Comes with standard features, aluminum wheels, anti-lock brakes and security group.  The Dodge Caliber!

And this showcase, brought to you by the slightly-more-egotistical part of PriceFanArmadillo's brain, can be yours if the price is right!

Bid or pass, Jordan?

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2006, 07:24:07 PM »
I'll bid. $24,000.

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2006, 04:11:54 AM »

*Ding*

Sorry for the lateness of all this...I've apparently found a social life out of nowhere and I'm just gonna get this up as fast as I can before I pass out.  Rob79, here is your showcase!

This showcase features prizes brought to us as we reflect upon the REAL host of The Price is Right, the legendary Bob Barker!  Of course, we all love it whenever he would take a big bite out of our first showcase prize...donuts for a year!

Six dozen Krispy Kreme glazed whoppers per month for twelve months...mmm mmm mmm!

Next, few things top the mood Bob gets in whenever he makes an inspiration putt, so we're offering you new golf clubs!  

From Vulcan, these his and her golf clubs will keep you shooting straight and driving further than ever before!

Finally, Bob always says you can never give away too many of these, so we're giving you a chance to win the sort of car that HE would own...A NEW LEXUS!!

The 2007 Lexus ES sedan.  Luxurious without completely breaking the bank, this comes with premium package, heated front seats, wood and leather trimmed steering wheel, Bluetooth audio, full-size spare tire, rear-seat side airbags, and preferred Accessory package.

And this showcase, brought to us by the last 35 years of awesomeness, can be yours if the price is right!

Okay Rob, a bid please?

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2006, 12:28:35 PM »
Wow!!!!!!!!! Ok, I will bid $37,875

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2006, 02:11:10 PM »

*Ding*

Rob79 has bid $37,875, Jordan7 has bid $24,000, and we'll see who has bid better after these words!

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2006, 02:18:28 PM »
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
Okay, let's get this done!  Rob79 bid $37,875, and the actual retail price of his showcase IS...

$39,106, for a difference of...

*Ding!*

....$1,231!  An excellent bid!  Jordan, you're gonna have to be near-perfect here to win.  You've bid $24,000, and actual retail price of your showcase IS...

...twenty-four thousand....

...ONE SIXTY-THREE!!  YOU WIN BOTH SHOWCASES!!

*CLANGCLANGWHOOPWHOOP*

Congratulations!  You were in fact near-perfect, and you've cleaned me out!!

You have won more than seventy-six thousand dollars in cash and prizes on the show today, including TWO CARS!  I have to say, for a show like mine where I try not to do anything unrealistic, or even give away massive prizes, that is an incredible total!  Good job!

This is PriceFanArmadillo, reminding you to help control the troll population; have your posts spayed or at least spell-checked!  Goodbye everybody!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price Is Right!! - DRAMATIC CONCLUSION
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2006, 02:42:50 PM »
Wow! I think this is my first DSW. My original bid was going to be $24,500 so I guess I made a really wise decision in taking off $500 from the trip to Texas (it was originally $5000). I know that Caliber had to be around $16,500 because I've been looking to buy one, and I know that the SE model starts at about $14,000, so I assumed the SXT model starts around $15,000. I added $100 for the wheels, $400 for the ABS, and $1000 for security. Then $3000 more for the TV gave me $24,000.

Thank goodness I bid on this showcase because I have no clue on how much a Lexus costs. Anyway, thanks for a great show, and sorry for beating you rob79. You made a really good bid though, you had me worried for a minute.

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2006, 02:52:53 PM »
The numbers that some people care about:

Texas: $4,143
TV: $3,300
Caliber: $16,720

Donuts: $426
Golf Clubs: $2,308
Lexus: $36,372

Total Winnings:
Jordan7: $76,017
Jordanar18: $6,569
Kourtney Wilson: $2,500
Litebulb88: $2,155
Frank15: $1,579
Rob79: $950

I'm starting to have the opposite problem as Scott...I can't get games to be won.  Last show went 1/6, and I had to play Hit Me to get a 2/6 this time.  Of course, last show, I was trying to be hard.  This time, I tried to tone it down, but there's only so much you can do with Temptation and Switcheroo.  

Oh, and the reason I played Hit Me for $10,000?  Partially because I was sick and tired of writing prize plugs, but mostly because I thought it would be interesting to play a non-cash game for cash.  I mean, they play non-car games for cars all the time, don't they?  Why go to all the effort of coming up with a prize when the prize itself has no effect whatsoever on the game?

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2006, 08:42:20 PM »
You can't always tell how a game is going to turn out.  I've only had Grocery Game won once, despite it being very much set up to be won all three times.  Mystery Price went a lot worse than I intended for it to be, It's in the Bag too... what can I do?

Ah well.  Fun dry erase-based fun is always fun!  Funny, though, how I wound up looking like a stick figure, when Brittany looked like a full-figured woman.  Hmm....