Author Topic: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price Is Right!! - DRAMATIC CONCLUSION  (Read 30765 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Yes, that's right...I've finally got things squirreled away such that I can get started with my once-a-semester Play Along show!  I don't like doing these too often for several reasons, including the fact that they're a good deal of work, and I'm a firm believer in that they become a lot less special if you do them too often.

Now, this is my fifth episode (but who's counting?), and I like to include little audition questions, and this time will be no exception.  Hmm...the question I was gonna use probably won't work as well as I'd thought, so I need another one off the top of my head...okay.  Got one.  ...on second thought, while that's in interesting philosophical excercise, it won't generate the humor/outside-the-box thinking I'm looking for.  Let me try again... okay, I'm good this time.

Briefly tell me which pricing game you would most like to make a rule change to and why.  This shouldn't take more than a sentence or two, and I will tell you right now that I am NOT looking for serious answers.  For example, I might answer this with "Double Prices will only be played for prizes that require the models to be wearing swimsuits.  Why?  Come on.  :-D"  :-P  Got the idea?  Good.  Now come up with a better answer than that one!

(Legal mumbo-jumbo.  You have 27 hours to make any and all actions, or until after I notice you've missed the deadline, whichever comes later.  The penalty will be whatever I feel like on a first offense and ejection on a second offense.  I will be out of town NEXT weekend, the 27th-29th, so the show will be delayed for about 48 hours.  The show will probably start some time Friday, so sign up early and sign up often!)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price Is Right!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 08:20:22 PM »
I'm in!

EDIT:  Let's see... in Ten Chances, they should eliminate the zero rule.  That way, we wouldn't be as aggrevated when someone doesn't know it. :-D

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 08:22:17 PM »
Puncboard
I would get rid of the $50 dollars slip There too many $50 dollars slips in the game.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:26:16 PM »
Bah.  I prefer to believe that by doing them often, I can make each and every show better!  If I tell myself that often enough, I'll believe it too someday .

Anyway, to answer your question:

Due to too many winners in Three Strikes, all three strikes will be used in the game once more.  However, to hopefully prevent a bunch of angry letters, part of the current rules will stay the same:  once a strike is drawn, it gets placed back into the bag.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 08:39:29 PM »
Extend the range in Check-Out to $3.00.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 08:42:12 PM »
I'm in here.

I would up the Grocery Game winning range to $20-$22 to allow more room for error and attempt to produce more winners; and because contestants tend to go a little over the current range of $20-$21.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline bandtree

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 09:11:16 PM »
I'm in

I would have three prizes in Secret X, but make the guessing harder (to be able to get 4 X's in total)

Example:
Bob: OK Betty, is that bottle of Grand Marnier $21 or $23

Betty: $23 Bob, I love booze!!!

Bob: Sorry its $21. No X for you.  Maybe you should drink more.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »
I'll also change "Punch-a-Bunch" by having fewer $50 slips and more $10,000 slips.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 09:43:46 PM »
I'm in.

EDIT: Hopefully this is better. Have all the keys in Master Key be the key that doesn't open anything, cause who really wants a crumby Chevy Aveo anyway?

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 09:46:17 PM »
Man, I suck at getting people to answer my questions.  Looks like I should have gone with my first instinct after all.  (I was going to ask "I'm tired of Frank always getting called in the first four because he's so good at answering my questions.  Why should I pick you instead of Frank?", but then I wasn't sure Frank would sign up for this one.)

For those of you who missed it, I do NOT want you to be serious with your answers.  Something like "I would replace the 'Lose Everything' spaces on Pass the Buck with pictures of Calvin peeing on something."  Only hopefully making some sense.

Again, being serious and suggesting something I've heard a hundred times before is a surefire way to get passed over by me. (Unless everyone does something serious, in which case I'll just pick names out of a hat and hate you all.)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 09:51:31 PM »
I'm in.

As for the question, I would like them to change the buzzer on Ten Chances for whenever someone writes down an answer like "672" or "609" to a Homer Simpson "D'oh" or how about a Biff line from Back to the Future "Hello, McFly, anyone home? Think McFly think." (In this case the "McFly" would be replaced with the contestant's name.)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 09:53:05 PM »
I'll play.

I'd like the $0s in Plinko to be replaced by Ashley furniture.

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 09:54:12 PM »
Nice.  Much better.  Keep 'em coming guys!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 10:03:51 PM »

wpghi5 wrote:
Extend the range in Check-Out to $3.00.

Oh btw, I forgot I'm in.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 10:44:25 PM »
In Lucky Seven, instead of losing one dollar for getting the digit wrong they should get whack by GoldenBulldogs "trusty dogbone" the number away from the right digit.   :-x

BTW: I am in...