Author Topic: Does Drew not know the difference?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline TPIRFAN1964

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Does Drew not know the difference?
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
I made this comment in the FIRST RUN section, but wanted to post it here as well.  I noticed in todays espisode, during the playing of Line 'Em Up, Drew kept referring to the vehicle at stake was a car when in reality it was not a car, but a truck.  Does Drew not know the difference between a car and a truck?   :rollold:

*This marks my 400th post*

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Does Drew not know the difference?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:34:30 PM »
No.  Drew does not know the difference between a car and a truck.

Is this the answer you wanted?
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »
...who cares??
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline TPIRFAN1964

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
All I am saying is that there is indeed a difference between a car and truck.  A car is smaller in size than a truck would be - unless it is a SUV, then it could be consider either one.   But, there is a difference between what a regular truck and car looks like.  And he should call it what it actually is.   

Offline TPIRmaniac

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Have your human spayed or neutered.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »
Does it really matter in the big picture. It think it's rather trivial (to me anyways) whether he says car or truck. It's not like it ruins the show for me if he says car or truck. No big deal in my opinion.  ;)
SummerTIME!

Offline tcbrent88

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
What an incredibly lame topic

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 09:53:50 PM »
I believe that sound I'm hearing is...yes...yes...yes it is...the sound of...scraping?  Yes, it's scraping...scraping the bottom of the barrel.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »
I don't see what the difference what drew says.  The contestant can see if its a car or truck without drew telling them.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
In fairness, Bob did the same thing on more than one occasion.  Trucks and even vans were called "cars" on occasion.

I'm sure Drew knows the difference.  I mean, trucks and vans and cars all have different icons on Money Game and Pass the Buck so it's not like there aren't reminders of the different types of vehicles floating around.

But what does it matter?  In the grand scheme of things, it's immaterial, as long as the contestant knows Drew's referring to the thing with a windshield, four wheels, an exhaust pipe, and a license plate.  As rodroddyfan said, the contestants have eyes.  The only place I think it makes a difference is in Rich's prize copy; if Rich calls it "a new car" a contestant might see the prize differently than if Rich calls it "a new sportscar," even if everything else is the same.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:18:36 PM by brtsimpson142 »
Bazinga!

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »
Of all the nitpicks at Drew I've seen, this wins the award for the nitpickiest.  Even though reading this didn't cost me anything, I want my money back.

The actual retail price is...

Offline TPIRFAN1964

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »
I'm not nitpicking at all.  I went back and watched the video of todays show and Rich did describe the vehicle as a truck and not a car as Drew was calling it - therefore, it should've been pointed out to him that it was indeed a truck and not a car.  

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 12:08:13 AM »
You'd have them stop tape, holler at Drew and say "Hey, don't you know that's a truck??"  Seriously?  For the record, I've on occasion slipped and referred to my truck as "my car" or my apartment as "my house."  And I know the difference, too.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 12:11:18 AM »
They are standing 10 feet away from the car.  I think the contestant can figure out what type of vehicle it is.  "Car" is a widely accepted generalized name for a motor vehicle.  I live in an apartment but still call it my "house."  I suppose if I was wearing jeans I couldn't call them "pants"--I MUST call them jeans.

Edit: I see someone else made my same point
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »
Who cares? the announcer sometimes call trucks,suvs,vans a car

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 01:36:12 AM »
I remember one time (I believe more than ten years ago) when Rod's description listed the car as a "convertible" and it wasn't. I can't remember if it caused a technical win, or if it happened in the showcases and the contestant was allowed to change the bid, but I remember it did cause a problem at the time, even though it was really obvious the car was not a convertible.

Yes, I know that really has nothing to do with today's incident, and I'm not advocating the creation of more threads like this--just pointing out that a similar situation had taken place before.