Author Topic: 2010 winter olympics  (Read 13484 times)

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: 2010 winter olympics
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »
Sorry Heels my friend, but our Canadian gals will slaughter all comers  :-x
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 01:53:17 AM »
I'm from B.C. and the Olympic flame passed through my hometown (Castlegar) today.  I was about to run outside and stomp on it, but I controlled myself.  I'm kinda anti-olympics.  British Columbia really doesn't need them.  Health care and education are in the toilet and we have on of the highest debts in the country.  The Olympics will only make things worse.  But hey, at least we'll get some cool hockey games out of this (hopefully).

With the exception of the hockey games I respect your opinion Price even though I completely disagree with what you said. Besides it's not just for B.C but for Canada as well!

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
I'm looking forward to most is figure skating here.
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »
I'm quite looking forward to the Winter Olympics, particularly the hockey tournaments.

Fun fact- this will be the first Olympics to play ice hockey on NHL-sized ice as opposed to the larger Olympic ice. This is being done to both save money and increase revenues by using a larger, existing venue as opposed to spending money on a smaller, temporary one.  Should make for an exciting game this time around.

And the Olympics this year is part of the reason that the Clarkson women's hockey team has been so darned good this year (currently ranked third in the nation and sit in first place in the ECAC standings)...many of the traditional NCAA women's hockey powerhouses are without some of their best players (and we lost none), enabling us to cruise near the top of the polls.

...or maybe we're just that damn good. :D

Either way, looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:14:41 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 09:04:35 PM »
I love Figure skating.  I hope we don't see a reprisal of Salt Lake City though.

Today on Canada AM they were showing MTV hosts learning how to curl from the Canadian Men's Olympic Curling team.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 03:16:35 AM »

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 02:56:26 AM »
The Philadelphia Phantoms don't exist anymore.  They're not in Adirondack, NY.
When the hell did that happen?!  Why am I the last person to know this?!

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
Basically since the Spectrum was coming down, they needed a new place; unable to get one in the Philadelphia or even Lehigh Valley area, they looked for another open market, and since Adirondack has been open since the Red Wings moved their affiliate to Grand Rapids, I guess that won the final vote. 

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »
I think they should go ahead and hand Canada the gold medal in women's hockey now...

...holy crap.

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »
That was some finish to the 1500 meter short track speed skating final. 
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline elonpuckhog

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
I think they should go ahead and hand Canada the gold medal in women's hockey now...

...holy crap.

USA is up 5-0.  And its not the end of the first period.  Clearly Canada and USA are the class of this competition.  Some of the other teams are just not as good...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »
Don't dispute that at all, elon...then again, Canada and the US have been dominant in women's hockey in the Olympics, only typically losing to each other.

I loved the Canadian fans' reactions when Slovakia left the ice last night... serenaded with cheers and respect for the Slovakian team, despite the fact that their home team had just creamed them. That is pure class right there, and it shows the true spirit of the Olympics.  Nicely done...we need more fans like them.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
Curling starts on Tuesday.  Woohoo!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline elonpuckhog

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »
Curling starts on Tuesday.  Woohoo!

I will be there for the men's session on Wednesday!!