Author Topic: Contestants Question  (Read 1868 times)

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Contestants Question
« on: October 26, 2006, 10:06:42 PM »
I've now noticed on two 70's shows that when there was a Double Overbid, you could see that one of the contestants who did not get on stage was reading some kind of large paper or book.  For an example, you can look on the Nighttime Price is Right #125-N.  

Does anyone know what this is?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
Re: Contestants Question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »
Without seeing what you're talking about, I would guess that the contestants are reviewing the contestant release forms that state that they're eligible to be contestants and all of the other fun legal things they have to sign off on.

It's still done today, though it's not as thick as a book -- sometimes the camera will catch a glimpse of a contestant who is done playing filling out their paperwork. Most recently, in the episode where a woman had her grandson spin the wheel for her, you could see one of the consolation prize winners filling out their paperwork as the grandson came up onstage.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Contestants Question
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:19:53 PM »
Interesting.  On both shows, the contestants had on reading glasses, and I think on one, they were holding a pen.  It'd make sense.  

Those forms probably cost more to make than the Mary Kay cosmetics you're winning!  :lol: