Author Topic: Atinale el Precio 2010  (Read 44390 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Atinale el Precio 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »
The only part I don't really like is the Showcase portion, simply because they adapted the Davidson way of doing it.

No, they didn't.  The "Davidson way" is to play Range Game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline SenorBeef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »
My mistake, Steve. I was referring to the range finder used to determine how close the contestants have to come to the price.

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 10:57:35 PM »
The more Atinale al Precio I watch, the more I love it.  Granted, I have no idea what they are saying as I don't know Spanish, but if you anything about Price you know what they are playing. 

Here's some observations:

- I like how they reveal where the top amount was in 5 Rounds (Punch-A-Bunch).  They also show what each key opens in their version of Master Key.

- The mountain climber has a name.  Pancho.  Awesome!

- The showcase (or Gran Paquete) leaves a little to be desired.  It's Press Your Luck meets the showcases.  Of the 8 episodes I've seen, it has only been won twice  (or dos times).

- I love the set.  To me the old Precio set was a very cheap knockoff of the American version (at least the big doors).  This set works for this particular version.  The floor is a bit busy, but it still works.

- I have to say that Marco Antonio Regil is the best international host I've seen (way better than Joe Pasquale or Carlos Lozano to name a couple).  I don't say this to intentionally ruffle any feathers, but I would even go so far as to say he is the second best host of any version, behind Barker.  Even with the language barrier, it is obvious he is a student of Barker.  He said it all in an interview during the first Precio run - "The contestant is the star of the show.  If you try to make jokes or look good it's not going to work."  He's also a snazzy dresser.

- I love the theme.  It's been stuck in my head for the last several days.  It's also funny that there are two versions of the losing horns.  I like them both.

- Again, I have no idea what he is saying, but I also like the announcer, Julio Cesar Palomera.  I haven't seen much of the original Precio, so I don't know how he compares with Jaime. 

Overall, I have to say that I think Atinale al Precio is my favorite international version of the show.

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 04:09:06 AM »
Oh, I agree, I am HOOKED on Atinale.  Even better for me, since I know Spanish, so this will be my way of keeping up my Spanish without taking any classes.   :-D

Again, I have an issue with El Gran Paquete--a spinoff to get there?  C'mon, really?  But everything else works.  Marco's been away from the show for quite a while, but he's still got it.  Although I liked the twist on the American theme they used in the last version, I love the theme music for this one--it's very catchy, and I found myself humming it earlier today.

As for Julio vs. Jaime...they sound the same to me, and they're both good.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
By the way, the user has moved all his Atinale stuff to a separate channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaAtinale100

Offline allnewtpir

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 04:39:19 PM »
By the way, the user has moved all his Atinale stuff to a separate channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaAtinale100

OT, but after seeing the 100MD clips, and noticing they replaced "La canasta de tentación" with a wheel, what other changes are there?

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 12:07:16 AM »
OT, but after seeing the 100MD clips, and noticing they replaced "La canasta de tentación" with a wheel, what other changes are there?

They made it horrible with a host who is comedian dressed up as his character he made famous, Vitor.  They also have celebrities playing the main game for families and then the winning family only gets to play fast money.

As for Atinale al Precio, does anyone get a vibe of the American theme just sped up a bit?  I'm talking right as Marco is introduced.
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »
The new theme doesn't sound anything like the American theme.  You might be thinking of the Atinale '97 theme, which was a remix of the original theme (and had another version which pretty much was a sped-up version).

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 07:21:01 AM »
the 2010 Atinale may have more Pricedown dollar signs than our current set here in America.

And that's WITH the Showcase podiums.
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:13 PM »
Thanks for this had no idea this was returning and with Marco! to Canal de las Estrellas, so glad I can watch online, I lost anyway to watch Canal de las Estrella Europa or XEW-TV itself awhile back.

As for the best international host debate, I think that to me goes to Larry Emdur closely followed by Leslie Crowther then Marco. Although If I could understand Spanish better, Marco might be up there with Larry. Marco does have a young Bob Barker feel to me.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »
Someone needs to put a bug in his ear and tell him to upload it on Google video or Mega video. They wont delete it and they allow longer viewing time.

Thew new host of 100 Mexicanos Dijieron is annoying i thought Vernon Kay was annoying he makes Vernon Kay look like Les Dennis.  

My international host would be
Leslie Crowther
Bruce Forsyth
Larry Emdur when i first saw him i couldn't stand him now i like him!
Marco
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:30:34 AM by Reloaden »

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »
Here's some more random observations:

- They played "El Tiempo es Oro" (Clock Game) on Monday's show.  They went to a digital clock for this incarnation of the show.  I think it would be hard to concentrate because they play this weird beeping during game play.  It's worse than the Pyramid winner's circle beep.

- There sure are a lot of Chevy Aveos offered so far.  It's usually that or some weird compact Chevy that doesn't have a name.  The cars that are offered if someone gets a peso in their bonus spin have been nice, though.

- It's nice to see Bart Eskander has a job again.  The directing and camera shots leave a bit to be desired.  I get motion sickness during the opening.

- On Monday's show one of the contestant's names was Shaggy.  It was funny to see Marco ask the contestant if he was named after the character on Scooby Doo.

- Does anyone know when these episodes were taped?  On last Wednesday's show during Hoyo en Uno (Hole in One), Marco called the contestant the Tiger Woods of Mexico.  That just made me laugh.  Also Marco's reaction to the contestant missing the second putt by inches was priceless.  He got on the ground and tried to blow the ball into the hole.  When that didn't work, he knocked it in with his nose.  In case you didn't know how I feel, Marco Antonio is AWESOME!

Offline bigwheel1991

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »
You know I love this show and I like how it take from both The USA PIR and the ENGLAND PIR!  I love the new wheel to!
CSS Stats - Games Played: 3 - Points:???.?? - DSW: 1 - WSD: 0 - DOB: 0 - Lowest Score: $?????

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 05:32:49 PM »
You know I love this show and I like how it take from both The USA PIR and the ENGLAND PIR!  I love the new wheel to!

England? Sorry but the UK does not just include England. England is a country within a union of four countries/nations.

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 01:53:33 AM »

Here is part of Wednesday's show.  It starts at the end of Showcase Showdown 1 and goes through the fifth pricing game.  

Check out Marco during the 4th IUFB at 2:30.  He pulls a Drew.  Funny stuff.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:56:18 AM by dh027 »