Author Topic: Nighttime TPIR clip!  (Read 3107 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Nighttime TPIR clip!
« on: October 28, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »
www.pageoclips.com now has a clip from the Tom Kennedy version. A rarity in itself. If he wasn't up there in years, he would make a great replacement if Bob ever needed one.

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Nighttime TPIR clip!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 04:40:34 PM »
I think Tom Kennedy was superb on "Split Second," but he seemed a bit off balance on the syndicated "Price Is Right." In any event, it's fun to see a rare clip from this series.

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 05:45:28 PM »

br wrote:
www.pageofclips.com now has a clip from the Tom Kennedy version. A rarity in itself. If he wasn't up there in years, he would make a great replacement if Bob ever needed one.

The actual website is a bit more Irish than you typed. :-P

The correct site is www.pageoclips.com .

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »
I noticed someone behind the board during the gameplay, BTW.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 09:32:58 PM »
TOm kennedy was very good on tpir.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 09:55:30 AM »
Oop on the url. But did anybody notice that(especially in this case) for several years, Grand Game was partially visible before the actual reveal? I guess with the current "big pricetag) that have solved that issue.

Personally, I thought Tom Kennedy did a helluva better job than Doug Davidson.

EDIT: Sort of TPIR related(without giving it away just yet!), did Anybody see the Joker's Wild clip? Jack Barry was not the least bit happy about the mention of a favorite host of ours! Too funny if you haven't seen it!

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 05:26:43 PM »

br wrote:
Oop on the url. But did anybody notice that(especially in this case) for several years, Grand Game was partially visible before the actual reveal? I guess with the current "big pricetag) that have solved that issue.

They actually decided a while back to raise the big pricetag part of the way off of the floor when Grand Game is being used.  This hides the top of the sign that was peeking out before (but makes the bottom of the prop visible to the audience).