Author Topic: Credit Card Officially Retired?  (Read 9857 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Credit Card Officially Retired?
« on: June 05, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
Drew Just Tweeted That Check Game Is Probably Coming Back But Credit Card Is Probably Not.. :( Thoughts?

15474708789[/tweet]][/url]
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: Credit Card Officially Retired?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »
Probably too many prizes for their taste, and maybe the Internet is aging the prop?

I dunno, I won't miss it THAT much but it would have been nice to keep the unique 5-prizer.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
Once again, they'll retire a game which has nothing wrong.

I think that they should keep only Double Prices, Pick-a-Number, Squeeze Play, One Right Price and Most Expensive. That would not cost much, after all...
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »
Quote from: Wayoshi
Probably too many prizes for their taste, and maybe the Internet is aging the prop?

The Internet is aging the prop?  ATMs still exist.  Could've just slapped a plasma screen on it and called it a day.  Credit Card was awesome!

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »
Well, so much for "We're refurbishing the prop for HD" story.  Now, friends, we have tangible evidence that they've been misleading us (not G-R specifically but the viewing public) on this.  We can now officially start questioning their word about everything else they've told us.  And for those things that they HAVE told us, we can start to wonder what they have NOT told us.
Bazinga!

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 12:58:11 PM »
In the day and age of the slamma-quickie...the 5.5 Credit Card just had no more use by the current lineup writing staff.

Besides...they had to make room for Mice Game and Roshambo!

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »
I kind of liked Credit Card, and I didn't see anything wrong with the game that warranted its' retirement. This just further shows that the current powers that be don't have any idea what the heck they're doing.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline PriceRox

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 01:07:54 PM »
Stupid.

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 01:09:09 PM »
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 01:23:59 PM »
Well, so much for "We're refurbishing the prop for HD" story.  Now, friends, we have tangible evidence that they've been misleading us (not G-R specifically but the viewing public) on this.  We can now officially start questioning their word about everything else they've told us.  And for those things that they HAVE told us, we can start to wonder what they have NOT told us.

That they have Hitler's Brain, and it is in charge of The Price Is Right!
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 01:52:50 PM »
Well, so much for "We're refurbishing the prop for HD" story.  Now, friends, we have tangible evidence that they've been misleading us (not G-R specifically but the viewing public) on this.  We can now officially start questioning their word about everything else they've told us.  And for those things that they HAVE told us, we can start to wonder what they have NOT told us.

Uhh...no.

In this instance, we have tangible evidence only that they said one thing and did another.  There is no tangible evidence that they intentionally misled anyone, since it's just as possible that they intended to refurb the game and after saying so, further discussions to which we weren't privy led them to change their mind.

This is hardly evidence of some dark conceit.

Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
I liked Credit Card, it was different. Shame to see it go if it does.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »
@Promoman:  I didn't say they intentionally mislead us, just that they mislead us.  I probably should've chosen different phrasing, but my meaning was as you said that they said one thing, and then did another.  (I wasn't trying to imply a dark conspiracy, it's entirely possible that they simply had a change in plans).  My point is still valid though, take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Bazinga!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »
@Promoman:  I didn't say they intentionally mislead us, just that they mislead us.  I probably should've chosen different phrasing, but my meaning was as you said that they said one thing, and then did another.  (I wasn't trying to imply a dark conspiracy, it's entirely possible that they simply had a change in plans).  My point is still valid though, take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Even so, when has this NOT been the case?  Even Barker didn't always give the real story about certain things he didn't want disclosed.  So why are we suddenly acting as if only NOW should we begin to question what they tell us?

I don't disagree that there could easily be instances in which we might get incomplete info or info that is subject to change; I just don't really see what's different now versus what's been going on the past few years, particularly since Roger left.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 02:31:49 PM »
The thing is, "they" don't owe "us" any explanations or behind the scenes info.

Whatever they decide to put out is, of course, going to be spun and filtered through whatever vision they or their corporate parents want to provide.
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."