Author Topic: Episode 9725D (11/10/95)  (Read 6575 times)

Offline goodboy16

• In Contestant's Row
Episode 9725D (11/10/95)
« on: June 27, 2010, 06:43:20 PM »
                   The Price is Right Episode #9725D (aired 11/10/95)

Opening titles: FUN & EXCITEMENT, MONEY & PRIZES, BARKER & HIS BEAUTIES

Rod: Here it comes! Television's most exciting hour of fantastic prizes! The fabulous sixty-minute Price is Right!

Agatha Willeford, COME ON DOWN! (Early to mid-30's blonde in a light pink top and jeans)
Barbara Baird, COME ON DOWN! (Middle-aged blonde wearing a white open blouse over a red top with red slacks)
David Willis, COME ON DOWN! (Mid-30's dark-haired man in a green "Atlanta 1996" sweatshirt and jeans) and...
Diane Smith, COME ON DOWN! (Early to mid-20's brunette in a black overall dress over white T-shirt)

You are the first four contestants on TPIR! And now, here is the star of TPIR, Bob Barker!

Bob enters in a gray suit and the Beauties, one of which today is Cindy Margolis, are wearing classy black two-piece pantsuits. By this time, Bob has pretty much abandoned his opening monologues and simply calls for the first item up for bids.

1. Yamaha motorscooter (wheeled out in fron of contestants' row by Kathleen)

Agatha: $820
Barbara: $695
David: $1200
Diane: $1250

The actual retail price is...$1299! Diane is our first winner. She joins Bob on the turntable.

Bob: Now, Diane, we've hardly begun and already you've won wheels. There are more wheels over here!

Rod: It's a new truck! (Janice modeling on the outside, Cindy in the truck bed) A Ford Ranger Splash! The truck with attitude! The flair side design makes it fun to drive. This 4 X 2 is versatile and tough. Comes with standard features, 3-liter V6 engine with automatic transmission. tachometer, air conditioning, equipment package 866-A, remote keyless entry, anti-theft deterrent and California emission. The Ford Ranger!

Bob: Ford Ranger! Diane, of Seattle, Washington, will play Cover Up.

2 3
      5 6 0
   7 0 9 5
2 6 1 1 2
1 0 9 0 9
3 1 2 7 4

Diane, with some help from the audience, makes a new price of $16,590. Is that right?

BZZZZ!

Bob: Have you seen this game on our show?
Diane: Yeah.
Bob: Then you know that if any of those numbers are right, you'll get another chance.
Diane: Yeah.
Bob: If there are any numbers right, light them up.

[1] [6] 5 9 0

Bob: Oh-ho! Sixteen thousand is right. Cover up the 5, the 9 and the 0.

Diane's guess is now $16,965. Is that right?

BZZZ!

Bob: Now we have to have at least one or two of these three numbers right. If there are any of those numbers right, show us.

[1] [6] [9] 6 5

Diane covers up the 6 and the 5 with the 2 and 9 respectively and now has $16,929. Is that right?

BZZZ!

Bob: Now the 2 or the 9 must be right. Is the 2 or the 9 right?

[1] [6] [9] 2 [9]

Her last guess is $16,919.

Bob: Is the price of the truck sitting over there behind the doors...I mean, behind...that was...that truck right over there (everyone laughs), is that $16,919?

YES!

Bob: Beautiful! Congratulations! That's the first win of the day, first game of the day. Number  two coming up after these words!

Still shots of Diane looking into the audience and looking at the board are used as bumps to commercial.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob: Rod, who is our next player?
Rod: Bob, it's Benjamin Fragiere (?), COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on TPIR! (Older man in a light blue shirt and gray pants)

2. Lloyd/Flanders wicker tea cart (Cindy)

Bob: You may have seen Cindy on Extra. She's been featured on the television show Extra. How many times? At least four. Three, four.

Cindy is inaudible but it looks like she says "I think".
Bob: And they're coming over to do something on you tomorrow?
Cindy (still inaudible): Right.
Bob: The darling of Extra is on our show here. Yes. Thank you, Cindy. (applause)

Benjamin: $500
Agatha: $478
Barbara: $800
David: $501

ARP: $622. David wins!

Bob: Now, David, you watched Diane win that bea-u-tiful truck, did you not?
David: Absolutely.
Bob: You found that exciting, did you not?
David: Absolutely.
Bob: Believe me, your excitement is going to mount when you hear this.

Rod: David, now you have a chance to win up to...

Janice comes around on the turntable with the $10,000 bill.

Rod: $10,000 in cash!

The first prize with which David can win a punch is a Eureka vacuum cleaner marked at $301. David says lower.

ARP: $210. One punch.

Next, Denise Austin fitness videos marked $20. David says higher.

ARP: $40. Two punches.

Mr. Coffee iced tea pot marked $16. David says higher.

ARP: $30. Three punches.

Milton Bradley's Lite Brite marked $9. David says higher.

ARP: $15. All four punches won.

David punches out his four holes. Bob pulls out the first slip.

Bob: In that first hole that you punched out, I have found that you have done quite well.
(Audience cheers. Janice asks how well.) How well you ask? How well? I would say on a scale of one to ten, he is well over five. (turns to David) I would say that you've done well. I think your biggest decision is going to be 'do I want to give this back?' or 'do I want to take this?' How much would it take to get you to say 'I quit'?
David: I'm gonna have to say ten thousand, Bob.
Bob: You'll give back anything less than ten thousand dollars. You'll give it back.
David: Ehhh...I don't know about that.
Bob: Well, that's what I want to find out before we go on.
David, after looking at the frequency chart and Bob spouting off all the amounts on the board, says he'd take $5,000.

Bob: You would take $5,000? (looks at slip) Would you take anything less than $5,000?
David: No.
Bob: If I have a thousand dollars here, you're gonna give it back?
David: Yeah.
Bob: You are?
David: Yeah.
Bob: Well, I have athousand dollars (shows slip) times five!

David is clearly thrilled and keeps it.

Bob: Now, he's going to keep it. Do you suppose he made a mistake in keeping this?
Audience: NO!
Bob: Let's find out. Let's find out if he should have given the...do we get what's left? Alright, that's a new rule.

David's second hole was $500 and a second chance. There was $250 in the third hole. Bob reaches into the last hole and pulls out the $10,000!

Bob moans in disappointment as Janice jokingly tries to grab to $10,000 slip. But Bob claims he would've done the same thing as David.

Bob: We'll play another pricing game after this message.

Still shot of David with his head thrown back in disappointment at the $10,000 is used as a bump to commercial.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob: Alright, Rod. Lay it on us!
Rod: How about Debra Sue Beal? You COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on TPIR! (Late teens to early 20's blonde in a grayish T-shirt and white shorts)

3. Donjo acrylic dolphin sculpture

Debra: $750
Benjamin: $851
Agatha: $925
Barbara: $350

ARP: $725. Barbara joins Bob on the turntable for a chance to win....

An adjustable work lamp and a stylish sofa from Guild Craft of California, both modeled by Kathleen. Then the doors open to reveal a trip to Spain, modeled by Cindy!

Barbara, of Schererville, IN, is playing Make Your Move with this setup:

She puts the lamp at $30 and almost stops there, but Bob tells her she has to continue with the other prizes. She guesses $819 for the sofa and $4163 for Spain. Is she right?

YES! Barbara wins all three prizes!

Barbara: (slightly confused) I won all those prizes?
Bob: Yes, you've won those prizes. (to us) I tell ya, I have to explain everything. I have to explain everything! I said 'You've won those prizes', 'I have?'. We'll have our first showcase showdown after we show you this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob: Things are going so well today on TPIR that David, who won $5,000 cash on the Punchboard isn't even the top winner in this half of the show. It's Diane who won that truck. Step over there, Barbara and spin that wheel.

Barbara gives the wheel a puny spin and gets booed.

Barbara: 85¢
David: 80¢ + 70¢= $1.50 OVER
Diane: 70¢ + 70¢= $1.40 OVER (Both of Diane's spins just barely went all the way around once.)

Barbara is in the showcase!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob: The name of our next player is....
Rod: James Patino, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on TPIR! (Young dark-haired man in a Navy lieutenant uniform)

4. Admiral dishwasher (Cindy)

James: $520
Debra: $625
Benjamin: $450
Agatha: $626

ARP: $479. Benjamin is the winner.

Back to the giant price tag where Benjamin can win...

A new Young Chang console piano!

Benjamin, who it turns out was in the Navy in WWII, must Pick-A-Number to win that piano. For some reason today, the red number panels which are normally used to fill in the missing digits are used as the "true" digits in the price and the yellow ones are used for the three choices.

$ _ 8 2 0

Is the first digit a 1, 3 or 8?

Benjamin says 8 and Kathleen inserts the 8 into the first slot. Is that correct?

$ 3 8 2 0

No piano for Benjamin!
Bob: There's more Price is Right coming up!
Rod: Stay tuned for more pricing games and the fabulous showcases which are coming up on the second half of TPIR!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob asks Rod for the next name, which is partly cut off.
Rod: I hope it's John...DiCondomo (?), COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on TPIR! (Early 20's man with sandy hair in a mullet in a dark blue T-shirt with an ambulance logo on it and denim shorts)

Bob: John! I have seen you! I was driving down the highway near Barstow and you went by in an ambulance one time! Right?
John: I may have, I may have.
Bob: John is here with a group of ambulance drivers from the Barstow area. It's a pleasure to have you with us. What are they gonna bid on, fellers?

5. Hooker executive desk (Kathleen, with a nameless dog from the Burbank animal shelter)

John: $775
Agatha: $1250
James: $1000
Debra: $450

ARP: $1575. Agatha has finally won her way on stage!

Bob: I'm so proud of ya, I'm so happy for ya, and you're gonna be so happy when you see this.

A NEW CAR! (Cindy) It's the Ford Aspire, an appealing blend of performance and economy for city highway driving. This three-door comes with standard equipment, anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, tinted glass and California emission. A Ford Aspire! A terrific prize worth $10,195!

It's Hole in One for Agatha. What are the products in the game today?

Andes after-dinner candies (box)
Centrum Silver vitamins
Cheracol D cough syrup
Lever 2000 soap (2-pack)
Tri hair moisturizer
Rembrandt mouth rinse

Agatha places the items in this order:

Soap
Candy
Mouthwash
Cough syrup
Hair care
Vitamins

Let's see how well she did.

Soap:$2.27!
Candy: $5.99
Mouthwash: $4.70. Putts from the second line.

Bob: Well, you're gonna putt from right there. But I shall putt from here. The inspiration putt. This...the purpose of this putt is to inspire you to make your own putt. You'll hold the microphone, that's right. You obviously have watched the show. Do you watch the show regularly? Very regularly? (hands Agatha the microphone) Then you have undoubtedly seen me make countless putts.
Agatha: True.
Bob: Let's hope we can make one for you today.

He putts it perfectly and it goes straight into the hole!

Bob: (looking offstage) Make some money? Smiling Doug Quick just won a few bucks back there! (to Agatha) Now you right here. And do just as I did. Just putt it in that hole. Just putt it in that hole.

Agatha squats down to line up the ball with the hole.

Bob: You look like Chi-Chi Rodriguez!

She putts. It rolls past the hole, but just as the buzzer is sounding, it bounces gently off the backstop and into the hole! She wins!

Bob erroneously claims it to be the first time the balls has ever bounced into the hole after first passing it.

Bob: You won that car! Congratulations! We'll have another game after this!

Still shot of Agatha celebrating after her win is used as a bump.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob again discusses the ball's rebound into the hole before asking Rod to call the next player.

Rod: I believe I can find a player named Shannon out there. Shannon Armidile (?), is that you? COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on TPIR! (Late 20's brunette in a white tank top and khaki shorts)

6. Pair of Krieger watches (Cindy)

Shannon: $725
James: $900
Debra:  $901
John: $902

ARP: $1190. John wins. It's back to door number two where we find...

A child's bed shaped like a car and a wine closet.

The last game of the day is Switch?. The bed is marked $2800 and the wine closet is marked $2229.

Bob: We have a problem. John's heart is beating so fast he says he may need an ambulance. (laughs) That's right, you can lay down in the child's bed.

John switches. Was that the right decision?

Child's bed: $2229
Wine closet: $2800

YES!

Bob: I tell you, it is all wins on TPIR today. Showcase showdown number two after these messages.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contestants not appearing on stage will receive a Genesis water purifier, Deck the Walls wall covering (or gift certificate) and Caltrate Plus. And now, here's Bob Barker with our showcase showdown!

Benjamin: 10¢ + 30¢
John: 30¢ + 45¢
Agatha:  70¢

Agatha will take on Barbara in the showcase!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHOWCASES

Top winner: Agatha
Runner-up: Barbara

Showcase #1:

Rod: This showcase is filled with prizes revealed as I tell you about the day my microphone stopped working.

Cut to a close-up of Rod mouthing "I was talking and talking, but nothing was coming out." among other things. He holds a large tape recorder reel.

Rod V/O: Well, fortunately, I had recorded this showcase on tape. (Kathleen comes up and takes the tape) So the girls took my tape and tried to play it back. First, they tried playing it in a new karaoke machine.

Janice is standing next to the karaoke machine waving Kathleen over. They both try unsuccesfully to play the tape.

Rod V/O: So next they decided to play the tape, but the had no luck, on a new VCR and big screen TV!

Janice tries to insert the tape into the VCR and when it won't fit, she touches it to the corner of the VCR!

Rod V/O: But it just didn't work right. So finally, they tried to play back the tape on another tape player...in a new car!

It's a Ford Thunderbird LX. Janice gets in and tries to put the tape into the player.

Rod V/O: And this showcase, in which the models never did get to play back my recorded showcase (Kathleen gives the tape back him), so I guess I'll to save it for another day, can be yours if the price is right!

Bob jokingly pretends his microphonne isn't working, then laughs.

Bob: Did I fool ya?
Agatha keeps it and bids $21,540. This is Barbara's showcase.

*Country Classics dining room
*Royal Doulton crystal stemware and dinnerware
* Home sauna

And this showcase can be yours if the price is right!

Barbara bids $11,000.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE DECIDING MOMENT

CAR
Agatha's bid: $21,540
ARP: $22,143
Difference: $603!

DINING ROOM
Barbara's bid: $11,000
ARP: $11,362!
Difference: $362! WINNER!

Great bids! Barbara wins $17,099 in prizes!

Bob Barker reminding you to help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody!

During the closing credits, Barbara sits in her sauna for a few seconds before being taken to her new dining room.

Credit goes to temptation1979ga for the episode.