Author Topic: CSS Results for July 2  (Read 1867 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for July 2
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »
I'm well aware that there's a Back To School special coming... sometime.  But for our purposes, the season ended today, with a triple values Final Friday.  The stage DSW was a nice touch, though unfortunately it was accompanied by a heck of an overbid.

As for that second showcase, I don't know where all the value came from.  We've had sports showcases that have looked expensive and come out under $30K (hence my bid) and then this one is $40K which means about $18K of sports... stuff beyond the base price of the Camaro.  Go figure.

pricefan1991 DSWd like Stage Player, and it's a particularly valuable one today, to the tune of $195K.  BigJon, not surprisingly, came in second and cashed the car.

BigJon will be taking over CSS in the fall.  This is the end of my fourth full season as CSS host, plus a half-season as assistant, and my life is changing.  Schedules are getting more crowded and I'll be moving a few towns over in the near future, so it's a good time to pass the baton to a more than capable party.  I'll still be playing whenever I can, and have greatly enjoyed my 4+ years as the head of CSS.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for July 2, 2010 -- Game 180

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: CSS Results for July 2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 05:23:35 PM »
Meh day for me. Safe to say 2 was sexed up.

Oh well, I'm still happy with my year and look forward to more CSS in the future. Thanks Tom for all your hard work with CSS and good luck to you.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »
Tom, you'll greatly be missed with your multiple years of service and quips on the commentaries (but will the Unique jokes ever end?).

BigJon, good luck with the reigns of CSS, I'm excited to see the score sheets and any tricks you have up your sleeve. (add -06 to bids Fridays?)
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• Recap Guide
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »
 :gotc:  :gotc:
I went the same way Tom did on 2, Sports Showcases have bitten me, and as for 1, don't ask.

94 games of CSS this season, I am happy. Do we have overall stats coming sooner or later?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:33:39 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 05:35:02 PM »
$24,444/$31,776

Not great on 2, but bid on 1 would have gotten me second I think
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »
Tom, you will greatly missed as CSS host.  But like you say, life goes on and sometimes things do change to where you cannot do everything in a timely manner.  I am sure Bigjon will do a fantastic job in september when season 39 rolls around.  Good luck you buddy.

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 08:07:28 PM »
Even though this was my first game of CSS, Tom, thank you for all your hard work.  And Jon, best of luck when you take over in the fall.

As for the show, I actually thought she had way underbid SC1.  Shows you what I know...at least I didn't make too bad of a bid on SC2...

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
Hated to miss out today, but life gets in the way sometimes. :-)  I would like to say I enjoyed my first full season very much, and thanks to Tom and Jon for doing a good job and helping to make it fun. Good luck to you in the future Tom. Looking forward to having you at the helm for next year Jon. Have a good summer all and take care.  :biggrin:
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 09:55:33 PM »

Over again.  Well, this is not how I would have liked to end the season, but oh well.  Maybe next year they will be a bit more civil with the showcases.

This is only my second season, but I would like to thank Tom for all of his hard work, and best of luck in your future endevors.  It's not going to be the same not seeing Homsar popping up every once in a while.  Can't wait to see what Jon has in store for us next season.

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 10:37:32 PM »
Tom, I thank you for all the work you put into CSS these past few years.  I hope your future endeavors go well and wish you the best of luck in life.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »
Yay for the DSW and money!

Tom, you've been an awesome host since I've started playing CSS, so best of luck in your future endeavours and I wish BigJon the best of luck for hosting CSS this fall.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 12:13:05 AM »
Wow, 5th place! :hammer:

I'm surprised I did so well considering my near-GOTC on the sports showcase.  I'll also add that I went with a "Spirit of '76" bid pattern for the day, just for the fun of it.  :D

Tom, thank you for all of your hard work hosting CSS.  You've truly done a wonderful job over the last several years, and you will be greatly missed.  Good luck with all of life's endeavors.

With that said, I'm not certain about my future in CSS, either.  I'm going to be wrapping up my studies this summer, and so by September or October I'll probably be working a full-time job, which could keep me from playing CSS.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 12:47:45 AM »
On what could possibly be my last CSS playing ever (or at least last in a long time), I, of course, garfed. I'm still wondering what was so expensive...

And that, of course, ends my third CSS season, a season that, for me...was largely nonexistient, since my own schedule forced me away from the game. I don't know when (or if) I'll be playing again, because I need to find a job, badly (not to mention I'm moving ever so closer to giving up the show for good unless it improves), but I'm sure I'll be around again sometime. I can't leave this place forever! :D

Tom, I've been playing CSS under your tutelage for three years, and it has been nothing but wonderful.  You have done a fantastic job, going through the painstaking task of making spreadsheets every day, and coming up with witty comments to accompany each spreadsheet.  But real life certainly comes first (which is why my own CSS future is uncertain right now, and why I played very little this past season), and it sounds like the time is right for you. Thank you for 4 1/2 seasons of faithful service. You will be missed.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 02:16:12 AM »
I was unable to play today (somebody on this site has to work :P) but I too would like to thank Tom for all of the effort he's put into CSS for years.

Hopefully you'll still be able to pop in time to time for a game.

With Jon fully taking over the day-to-day operations, will somebody become official statistician?

Running the daily results, weekly scoresheet, and WWD seems like alot of work for one person.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Macsen

• Retro Recap Guide
  • The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 07:33:48 AM »
Stagey blew the DSW. Spectacularly over on the All-Star Game showcase.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."