Author Topic: That's Two Ninth! (from Season 38)  (Read 2078 times)

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
That's Two Ninth! (from Season 38)
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
We all remember from Season 38 the frequent times when the contestant loses That's Too Much! because they did not shout the name on the second or ninth prices. We had talks and even to one point, mentioning it to Fingers. Then the pet name was created: That's Two Ninth! Well, here is a montage of those fun times where contestants lose on That's Too Much! I mean, That's Two Ninth! Enjoy.

My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Online CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: That's Two Ninth! (from Season 38)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »
Did I miscount, or were those nineteen playings in which the correct choice was 2nd or 9th? That is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I would think after 5 playings set up this way, someone would get a clue that that's a poor setup. Hell, maybe even 10. But NINETEEN?! REALLY?!?

/If I had it my way this game wouldn't even be played nineteen times a season, but I digress...

Offline SuperBall85

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
And, according to TPIR Summaries, That's Too Much! was played 33 times, which means, if this montage is compelete (which, because of Youtube's 15 minute limit, may not be! :O ), that 2nd or 9th was true 58% of the time for Season 38! YIKES!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »
A little note, I just did the losses due to the second and ninth prices being the right price to stop on. I know there were many more playings and losses than the ones included. I did use TPIR Summaries as a helpful source.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »
And, according to TPIR Summaries, That's Too Much! was played 33 times, which means, if this montage is compelete (which, because of Youtube's 15 minute limit, may not be! :O ), that 2nd or 9th was true 58% of the time for Season 38! YIKES!

And there's still an episode we haven't seen that it might be on!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 01:35:50 AM »
I know, and I wanted to wait until that episode just to make sure if I need to include it in the montage, but I was itching to do it now. I will make modificaitons if need be. Doubtful, but still...

Offline FredtheOne26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 08:14:38 PM »
33 times is TOO MUCH for this crappy game
The Positive guy ! I hate negativity

Online CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »
33 times is TOO MUCH for this crappy game

I agree. But it's been proven in this new regime that when a certain someone likes a game, it gets played, and often.

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the price for the Element at 5:41 is the eighth.