Author Topic: Family Feud - How is Steve Harvey doing?  (Read 10777 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Family Feud - How is Steve Harvey doing?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2010, 05:59:14 PM »
There was also the "Fred" incident in one of the very first episodes where Richard made fun of that guy to no end.  I agree that outwardly Steve sounds considerably more harsh, but it's really a matter of perception.  If you accept the fact that Steve isn't really mad or exasperated with the contestants but is just milking a laugh in his own style, it doesn't really seem mean-spirited.  I think Gene "That was a rotten answer!" Rayburn came across as more disdainful of contestants than Steve does.. but like I say, it's all a matter of perception.

Richard and Steve really aren't all that different in that sense, just do it different. There's an incident on youtube now where Richard referred to the two contestants as amnesia victims when they both failed to ring in on a faceoff question about religious women, despite having religious backgrounds and then.......asked them what 1 and 1 was before moving on, so they aren't that different.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2010, 07:11:13 PM »
Richard did tell contestants to shut up and be quiet before. Guess you just never seen those episodes.

That's because that's not the type of person that John is. Plain and simple. His humor is completely different from Steve's which is why no one except for you (that I know of) is even comparing Steve to John in that way. If they are comparing the two hosts, most are saying that Steve is a funnier host.

I didn't really mean to directly compare him to John.  I'm just saying that you shouldn't just tell someone they have "the suckiest answer ever."

Yes, since it's funny. I know that Steve's playing around.

Fair enough.  You might know that, but what if someone didn't and got highly offended by it?

What did you say back when Louie Anderson was the host and he gave trophies to contestants for "stupidest answer of the day"?

It's a practice that I was very glad was discontinued.

Really, the things you are complaining about is kinda ironic and I mean that in the sense that I can't see how you could be a fan of the old episodes of the show but yet hate Steve so much when there are many similar things happening (as I stated and gave examples of before and above in this post).

I just have 2 words to say to you and they rhyme with duck stew.

P.S.  Thank you to whoever gave me my 13th ignore.  It's so nice to know that people can't handle a simple opposing opinion that someone feels strongly about.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:13:19 PM by gameshowfan1987 »

The actual retail price is...

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »
I didn't really mean to directly compare him to John.  I'm just saying that you shouldn't just tell someone they have "the suckiest answer ever."

So did you feel the same when Richard and Ray made fun of the contestant on similar levels?

Fair enough.  You might know that, but what if someone didn't and got highly offended by it?

If the don't realize that Steve is doing it for fun then oh well... pretty sure it won't be the first time a Family Feud host offended a contestant.

It's a practice that I was very glad was discontinued.

Haha... why? No answer is a bad answer?

I just have 2 words to say to you and they rhyme with duck stew.

lol so it's okay for you to say that to me but Steve can't say that a contestant's answer "sucks"?

P.S.  Thank you to whoever gave me my 13th ignore.  It's so nice to know that people can't handle a simple opposing opinion that someone feels strongly about.

If it makes you feel any better, I just got my 3rd ignore   :lol:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:14:10 PM by BD »

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »
So did you feel the same when Richard and Ray made fun of the contestant on similar levels?

It never sat entirely well with me, no.  I just think Steve does it too much.

If they don't realize that Steve is doing it for fun then oh well... pretty sure it won't be the first time a Family Feud host offended a contestant.

Probably not, but I'm sure someone would have something to say about it if it kept happening a lot in a short period of time.

Haha... why? No answer is a bad answer?

Lots of answers are bad answers.  You just don't look a person in the eye and tell them theirs was the "suckiest" on national TV and I really don't think it's appropriate to hand them a "trophy" advertising how bad their answer was.  That was the only thing Louie did that I didn't care for was giving that thing out.

lol so it's okay for you to say that to me but Steve can't say that a contestant's answer "sucks"?

I'm not the host of Family Feud am I?

If it makes you feel any better, I just got my 3rd ignore   :lol:

It makes me feel only slightly better.  Apparently someone is tired of both of us.  I'm honestly tired of this.  Can we just agree that we're never going to agree at all and move on?

(btw, thank you #14)

The actual retail price is...

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
Steve is great on Family Feud. He is just as funny on Family Feud as he was on Steve Harvey Show.

The only thing that bugs me is that he doesn't go up to both families and say "please introduce me to your family"
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »

The only thing that bugs me is that he doesn't go up to both families and say "please introduce me to your family"

Yeah I don't know why they don't do that anymore. They should at least introduce them during the questions like they did when Anderson and Karn were the hosts.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2010, 12:57:17 AM »
Yeah I don't know why they don't do that anymore. They should at least introduce them during the questions like they did when Anderson and Karn were the hosts.

It would help in knowing who the champ is on a given day if you aren't watching daily.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:54 PM »
Steve is great on Family Feud. He is just as funny on Family Feud as he was on Steve Harvey Show.

I think he does do that for the live audience every show, but they don't broadcast it, probably to save a little bit of time, get to the gameplay faster, and to try to keep viewers from changing the channel. I've never been to a taping; I'm drawing this conclusion from the way Steve is often turned after he says "and a brand new car".(There's likely an edit there; watch carefully.)

The introductions were shown during the special TNA Wrestlers vs. Knockouts week. 

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
To add to GameShowKid's response, he does try to interact with certain family members. For Example he'll ask what they do for a living or maybe where they go to college if they look really young.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »
I've never been to a taping; I'm drawing this conclusion from the way Steve is often turned after he says "and a brand new car".(There's likely an edit there; watch carefully.) 

Surely if they have enough time to plug a car numerous times that three, maybe four families will win per season, then they can afford to keep segments where the families introduce themselves.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »
Surely if they have enough time to plug a car numerous times that three, maybe four families will win per season, then they can afford to keep segments where the families introduce themselves.

All they say is that a family who wins five games win a car, they never said the name of the car, which apparently is a Ford Taurus(O'Hurley occasionally said a Chrysler last season, as the Chrysler 300M was the car last season)