Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/20/2010 Late Show  (Read 16587 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 9/20/2010 Late Show
« on: September 20, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 9/20/2010 (Late)

Episode #5261K
Aired: 9/20/2010 (Late); Tape Date 8/4/2010
Models: Gwendolyn Osborne, Manuela Arbelaez, Rachel Reynolds (Elan U.S.A.)
Announcer: J.D. Roberto
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Gwendolyn
First Four Contestant Seating: Mixed

First IUFB: Xbox 360 Elite original model (5 games, 2 controllers; ARP: $755) (Manuela)

BETH DEBORAH KENYA KEITH WINNER
$450 $445
BUH?!
$550 $601 KEITH

Keith, who got in line at 11pm the previous night, is playing Plinko! (Gwendolyn and Rachel) Plinko is redesigned with plasma panels under the logos and numbers, and for the winnings display, which is in a non-crate font.

ITEM DISPLAY DIGIT CHOSEN ARP CHIP VALUE
Libman Wonder Mop 20 0 $10 $10,000
Earmuffs 45 5 $75 $0
Candy thermometer/spatula 39 3 $19 WRONG
Scratch-resistant iron 59 5 $50 $500
FREE CHIP VALUE: $1,000
TOTAL WON: $11,500
TECH LOSS

Second IUFB: Pair of inflatable toables (SportsStuff.com; ARP: $880) (Gwendolyn)

Beth Deborah Kenya GABRIEL WINNER
$600 $509 $525 $799 GABRIEL

Gabriel is playing Make Your Move for a 10MP digital camera (Vivitar), a collection of power tools (Rachel for both), and an outdoor kitchen island. (International Outdoor Furnishings; Fridge, side burner, 30" gas grill) (Manuela)

CHOICES 9 3 5 9 6 7 0 9 0
ITEMS TOOLS CAM GRILL ISLAND

ARPs 9 3 5 9 6 7 0 9 0
LOSS GRILL ISLAND TOOLS CAM

Third IUFB: Diamond and rhodolite (LeVian Chocolatiers; 1.6ct raspberry rhodolite stone, 3/4ct chocolate diamonds, 14kt strawberry gold; ARP: $2,599) (Overhead platform)

Beth Deborah Kenya LISHA WINNER
$1600 $1599
OMG!!!
$2200 $1250 KENYA

Kenya is playing That's Too Much for a Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport convertible. (2.0-litre engine, convenience package) (Rachel)

$17,950 $19,460 $20,841 $21,962 $22,560 $24,120 $25,810 $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
          LOSS ARP: $24,870    

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Gabriel $880 95 STAY 95
Kenya $2,599 40 70 OVER
Keith $12,390 1.00 N/A *$1,000!*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Keith $13,390 50 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Skee-ball table (ARP: $849) (Manuela)

Beth Deborah ROBERT Lisha WINNER
$600 $599
UGH!!!
$875 $900 BETH

Beth is playing One Wrong Price.

Set of 3 Prada handbags (Gwendolyn) $4,745 $4,745
Stepper machine w/LCD TV (Rachel) $3,179 $2,499
Apple Mac Pro (8GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Cinema Display, printer) (Manuela) $4,068 $4,068
LOSS

Fifth IUFB: Pair of mobile phones (LG; 1-year 450-minute plan; ARP: $1,240) (Manuela and Rachel)

DANIELLE Deborah Robert Lisha WINNER
$1000 $900 $1100 $1101 LISHA

Lisha is playing Stack the Deck for a Chevrolet HHR LS. (2.2-litre EcoTec engine, 16" wheels, OnStar, automatic transmission) (Gwendolyn; Rachel on items)

Available numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9

Vaseline petroleum jelly Athenos feta cheese Karo light corn syrup
$3.29 $2.79 $3.99
Mission tortilla chips Glade air freshener Sunsweet prune juice
WRONG ($4.19) WRONG ($1.59) RIGHT (3rd, 4)

GUESS: $21,459 (free numbers bolded)
ARP: $21,459 *WIN*

The look on Rachel's face at the ARP reveal, which can be seen on HD screens only, was priceless.

Deborah, at the blue podium, has made a number of serious mistakes. She's given suicide bids twice, a $5-off near-suicide bid, and the other two times was close under somebody else's bid. Her bids have made no sense. Right in the middle of the final one-bid, things do not look good for her to avoid the First Four Wall of Shame. But if she fails to escape, there's no doubt that it's been a long time since anybody has deserved it more.

Sixth IUFB: Collection of sunglasses (Miyagi Eyewear, 4 pair; ARP: $766) (all three plus J.D.)

Danielle Deborah Robert MONIQUE WINNER
$1300 $1 $1370 $800 DEBORAH

Figures. After all that, and throwing in a premature dollar bid to boot, Deborah escapes. She is playing Range Game for a trip to Cabo San Lucas. (RT coach LA to Los Cabos, 6n all-inclusive Barcelo Hotels & Resorts, deep sea fishing charter) (all models)

Range: 4700-5300
Choice: 4970-5120
ARP: $5,094 *WIN*

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Beth $849 60 STAY 60
Deborah $5,860 55 45 *$1,000!*
Lisha $22,699 5 20 25

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Deborah $6,860 75 *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
Keith has the honor...

SC1 - DEBORAH HIT THE TRAILS
Yamaha TW200 motorcycle (196cc engine, durable tires, street equipment) (Gwendolyn)
Cargo trailer (side entry, rear ramp) (Rachel)
Nissan Frontier 4x2 Crew Cab SE-V6 (4.0-litre engine, automatic transmission) (Manuela)
BID: $33,000
ARP: $34,110
DIFF: $1,110
*WIN* $40,970
SC2 - KEITH LIFE SHOULD BE ONE BIG PARTY
Complete DJ setup (CD and vinyl deck w/2 turntables, lighting and truss) (Manuela)
Karaoke system (VocoPro Champion mini-concert system, 60" rear-projection DLP HDTV) (Gwendolyn)
Tokyo (RT coach LA to Tokyo, 6n luxury hotel, 2 VIP tickets to Bon Jovi at Tokyo Dome) (Gwendolyn)
BID: $29,009
ARP: $20,425
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $13,390

Show Results: 2 out of 6 (Plinko $10k hit)
Total Winnings: $81,252

THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

Macsen here. This was edited to fix Plinko $10k win nomenclature. Sorry! Edited a second time to update the win count.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 06:19:34 PM by Macsen »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/20/2010 Late Show
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »
My jaw literally dropped when Stack The Deck was won! I couldn't believe it. I figured Lisha had no chance in hell of winning.

I like the overall look of Plinko!, but I still don't get the spotlights. I did like how the the $10,000 lit up different from the other spaces. I'm not a huge fan of the font on the scoreboard.... needs to be bolder. The graphic/wipe was cool going from the $50,000 to the actual Plinko! board.

Gwendolyn should not do the small prizes for Plinko! She was way too slow. Rachel's better.

Showcase #2 was a little misleading and lacking a prize. It seemed that you would take all your friends to the Bon Jovi concert, not just yourself and someone else. I know that would be impossible, but it sounded like you could take more than just one guest. The DJ equipment and the trip was all? That's crappy. I find it very hard to believe that anyone would actually want that DJ equipment, unless of course you were a professional.

Yay! No That's Too 2nd or That's Too 9th!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »
B >>>>>>>>> A for 9/20.

That is all.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »
Stack the Deck was a great win :D

I thought the Miata was around $23,000, so I would have stop there too.  :oops:

Plinko was fun today :) I actually liked how they re-did the set. It showed better on tv, than from what I saw online. Although, they spotlights still seem redundant.

I'd kill for that trip to Japan.. that sounded awesome :P Very nearly the first Double Showcase win of the season tho.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline iluvpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »
The new Plinko board looks great! I love the flashing lights along the sides, and the way the $10,000 slot flashes is awesome!

What an AMAZING win in Stack the Deck! That may be one of the most exciting wins we see all season unless someone actually wins Pay the Rent. :oldlol:

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »
Stack the Deck was a great win :D

Definitely agreed. Fantastic! And an historic moment!

I also think the Plinko board looked great. I liked the additional lights (except for those on the floor).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:42:44 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »
First time I can remember hearing a contestant (Beth) on a game show with the same last name (at least pronunciation-wise) as mine. Don't believe there's a relation.

Nothing terrible about this episode and there were a lot of neat prizes. The win in Stack the Deck was highly impressive and unexpected - she earned it.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »
I didn't see this show, but it looks like it was a pretty good one.  With what I've heard about the new Plinko board, I can't wait to see it!
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
Well, today’s “B” show was quite the little gem of a show. I’ve never seen so many contestants go crazy screaming on one show. The energy level was super high. While this might get overbearing if it happens every day, it was refreshing to have so many solid contestants today. Keith’s enthusiasm regarding the Plinko win and Wheel were great to see, and so was the contestant reaction to the Stack The Deck win. Speaking of the Stack the Deck win, that was truly amazing. The groceries were obnoxiously hard today so she went 1/3, but then to come back and figure out the price and all, fake -5 included, was pretty awesome. Of course, now watch Greco make the game even more ridiculously hard next time. The setup still needed to be a fair bit easier today (between the cheap Glade and the expensive jelly), but glad we could steal the win.

Deborah amused me, if only because she had one of the worst contestant’s row experiences ever. She did finally escape during the last one-bid, but only after bidding $1, $5 and $50 under contestants in previous one-bids. Yet, after she escaped, she won a trip in her pricing game, won $1.00 on the wheel, and then won her showcase with a great bid! I’d have to give her a “Comeback Pricer of the Year” nomination .

Timings:
Plinko (5.5)- 5:11
Make Your Move (4.5) - 3:45
That's Too Much! (5) - 3:31
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:17
Stack The Deck (5.5) - 5:37
Range Game (4) - 3:54
Total time: 25:05

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 06:51:42 PM »
So, Plinko's spotlights...um...shine during its intro.  They don't stand out as badly as they did in that one picture, but still, they seem to be pretty much pointless.

I'm not crazy about Plinko's new scoreboard, either.  It seems like they were going for the same font as the dollar amounts on the board, which, unfortunately, looks too small up there.  I don't like the square pattern behind the small prizes, either...why would you get rid of something that fit the game and replace it with something generic?

On the other hand, I love Plinko's new reveal.  It's probably the best one they've had since the Plinko sign.  The silver numbers on the board are cool, too...I don't know why, but they remind me of the original numbers.  The cascading colors on the $10,000 slot are also awesome.

Stack the Deck was nothing short of a Dobstopper.  I am absolutely astounded that that was won.

The first showcase was as close to a "classic" showcase as they've gotten in a while.

They actually managed to find a trip extra that doesn't bother me.  There's nothing wrong with including tickets to a well-known band.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 06:55:41 PM »
Much better than the earlier show. It had a nice feeling to it, which is a good thing.

Something I noticed when re-watching the early show on CBS.com...the lights in the new light border chase clockwise, as opposed to counterclockwise like the old borders (this was especially noticeable when the old light border on the monitor in the back was chasing opposite that of the main on-screen one). I'm not necessarily complaining about it, though it looked weird having the two borders chasing opposite directions.

Plinko doesn't look that bad on TV, though the display reeks of fail.  The numbers are too hard to read, and the font is ugly.  As already stated, they need to make the numbers thicker, properly center it (since the numbers were hugging the top of the display, which looked terrible), and they should also drop the comma to enable the numbers to be centered better. I still don't get what was wrong with the old displays, though (or why they couldn't replicate the font on the new one at least). Wasn't a big fan of the new wipe, either...it was very busy and distracting, but it at least wasn't completely pointless.

Yay! That's Too Much was actually set up somewhat fairly!

I still cannot believe Stack the Deck was won like that! That was easily the most amazing win I've seen in that game in ages.

OVERALL: 4/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:13 PM »
Stack the Deck was amazing, I was rooting for her the whole time. Way to start off the season with an excellent win.

Plinko. . .did someone dig those spotlights up from an old prop closet for the Jack Benny Show? As for the board I like the fact that the logo lights up and at the same time I don't. It makes the game seem much darker on stage (those spotlights don't help either) and I like light (on stage) during the daytime. Other than that, great reveal!
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 07:01:54 PM »
I can't believe i missed the late show because i didn't know they were doing 2 today.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »
I like the new Plinko.  The whole show was great.
Did anybody see that J.D. did not do his this is J.D. speaking for the price is right a freemantal media production thing at the end of the show
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
I like the new Plinko.  The whole show was great.
Did anybody see that J.D. did not do his this is J.D. speaking for the price is right a freemantal media production thing at the end of the show

He did it in the morning show... Wasn't paying attention for this one. If it was missing, it must've been a fluke.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.