Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/4/2010 Late Show  (Read 19068 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 10/4/2010 Late Show
« on: October 04, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 10/4/2010 (Late)

Episode #5291K
Aired: 10/4/2010 (Late); Tape Date 8/30/2010
Models: Amber Lancaster, Gwendolyn Osborne, Rachel Reynolds (jewelry by Black Hills Gold)
Announcer: Jeff Davis
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Mixed

First IUFB: Desktop computer (Dell; 750GB HDD, 6GB RAM, 24" monitor; ARP: $1,498) (Gwendolyn and Rachel)

SPENCER VALERIE TERRY COURTNEY WINNER
$699 $836 $950 $1000 COURTNEY

Courtney is playing Dice Game for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS. (2.4-litre engine, 16" wheels) (Amber)

GUESS 2       4
DICE ROLL 5 6 2 2
GUESS 1 5 1  

ARP: $21,514

Second IUFB: Skin and beauty products (Jo Malone; ARP: $510) (Amber)

Spencer Valerie Terry VENIORE WINNER
$350 $701 $702 $700 SPENCER

Spencer is playing Pick-a-Number for a BMW G650GS motorcycle. (Rachel) The choices are 3, 6 and 9. (Gwendolyn)

CHOICE     6    
ARP LOSS $ 8 3 1 5

Third IUFB: Ladies' watches (Michael Cours; set of 3; ARP: $655) (overhead platform)

RASHDA Valerie Terry Veniore WINNER
$400 $530 $600 $475 TERRY

Terry, from Florida, is playing Swap Meet. The swap item is a set of 32-piece crystal stemware. (ARP: $2,400) (Rachel)

ITEM ARP
Pair of 40" LCD HDTVs (Sharp Quattron) (Gwendolyn) $2,400
Billiards table (Marsconi) (Gwendolyn and Amber) $3,630
LOSS
Gas/electric range (Heartland Paragon) (Amber) $5,599

Yikes! Some enormously big-ticket items at Swap Meet today!

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Spencer $510 10 75 85
Terry $655 65 25 90
Courtney $1,498 15 80 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Exercise bike (Spinning; ARP: $1,745) (Rachel)

Rashda Valerie DENA Veniore WINNER
$800 $1200 $1300 $1600 VENIORE

Veniore (pronounced "Venn-WAH") is playing Coming or Going for a spa. (Hydropool 625) (Gwendolyn)

8 7 8 9      
ARP: $9,878 LOSS

Fifth IUFB: Nintendo Wii (extra controller, wheel, Rock Band set, selection of 14 games; ARP: $1,130) (Amber)

Rashda Valerie Dena MATTHEW WINNER
$1000 $600 $1300 $950 RASHDA

Rashda is playing Grand Game. The target price is $3.00.

Mento's (fruit) Baked rice crisps Quaker Honey Graham Oh's cereal Tissue box Red Bull (16 oz) Creamsicle wide bars (8-pk)
99¢ $2.69 $2.49 $1.19 $3.69 $3.49
$10     $100   LOSS

The hits just keep coming. This time Valerie, on the blue podium, is at risk of permanent infamy on the First Four Wall of Shame. But that's not the least of her worries. An all-too-familiar music is filling the Bob Barker Studio: it's that skunk singing Chevalier. Is he going to add to the funk today? Somebody better win, and now!

Sixth IUFB: Drum set (Sunlite; ten 1-hr private lessons; ARP: $2,322) (Jeff Davis and Gwendolyn)

ROXIE Valerie Dena Matthew WINNER
$1625 $1235 $1236 $1 ROXIE

Valerie heads over to get her mugshot taken. Roxie, from Cleveland, is playing More or Less for a Chevrolet HHR LS. (2.2-litre EcoTec engine, 16" wheels, OnStar, dual DVD headrests) (Gwendolyn)

ITEMS DISPLAY CHOICE ACTUAL ARP
7.1 home theater audio system (Panasonic) (Rachel) $329 MORE MORE $650
Handbags and accessories (Land) (Rachel and Amber) $2,462 LESS LESS $1,735
Washer and dryer (Maytag) (Amber) $2,199 MORE MORE $2,740
LOSS
Chevrolet HHR $20,250 MORE MORE $21,480
ALL HAIL
ROXIE!!!

ARP won: $26,605

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Rashda $1,130 65 STAY 65
Veniore $1,745 20 10 30
Roxie $28,927 35 65 *$1,000!*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Roxie $29,927 30 *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
Roxie has the honor...

SC1 - COURTNEY ECO-FRIENDLY BACKYARD
GoGreen Salon Concepts Solar Cabana (1.8kw/hr solar panels) (Rachel)
Outdoor furniture (2 chairs, loveseat, ottoman) (Rachel)
Electric grill (Dimplex) (Rachel)
Costa Rica (RT coach LA to Costa Rica, 6n Lost Iguana Resort & Spa, couples massage, volcano tour) (Amber)
BID: $16,000
ARP: $23,643
DIFF: $7,643
*WIN* $25,141

SC2 - ROXIE RELAX
Massage table + massages for 1 year (1 per month) (Gwendolyn)
Jackson Hole, WY (RT coach LA to Jackson Hole, 5n private villa Spring Creek Ranch, 4 massages, dinner horseback ride) (Gwendolyn)
2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS coupe (3.6-litre V6 engine, 6 months OnStar) (Rachel)
BID: $23,462
ARP: $39,891
DIFF: $16,429
LOSS $29,927

Show Results: 1 out of 6
Total Winnings: $59,108

THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:28:26 PM by Kitch »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/4/2010 Late Show
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »
Here's a different angle on all of this:

Why are we offering so much $$$ in games that should be much cheaper to save budget?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »
All i can say today is i thought we were doomed to a skunking as soon as i saw the last game more or less. It's a miracle that she won her car and saved the show from winless. Nice comeback in MoL. It's also too bad that courtney in Dice game didn't roll a 1, 4, 5, nor 6 for that 3rd roll otherwise she woulda won the car.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:20:42 PM by elskunkoman »
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »
Oh great, Drew's "modeling" of the grocery items is back. I really missed that! *sarcasm* Today felt worse because it seemed like he paused dramatically for laughter from the studio audience. I just wonder if they actually thought it was funny or not. And Drew, when you stick the Kleenex sticker on your forehead, you look like, well, a 5 year old who might stick a Kleenex sticker on their forehead. I was at a loss during Grand Game today. Maybe they have him do it to distract from the very hard setups?

I enjoyed the Colin/Whose Line impersonations that were going on during Pick A Number somewhat, but I bet that joke missed half the viewing audience

Why are we offering FOURTEEN THOUSAND dollars worth of prizes in SWAP MEET?

And to end on a positive note, while the rest of this episode wasn't too good, the More Or Less segment was awesome. It was especially awesome to see that won because it saved the show! And despite a spotty job on the rest of the show, Drew got it together and hosted that game very well. I love hyper Drew when he's gradually building the tension like in that game, and also in the playing of It's In The Bag from a couple weeks ago.

Timings:
Dice Game (4.5)- 4:01
Pick A Number (3.5) - 3:34
Swap Meet (4.5) - 4:06
Coming Or Going (3.5) - 3:06
Grand Game (5) - 4:05
More Or Less (5.5) - 5:18
Total time (26.5): 24:10

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »
I just wonder if they actually thought it was funny or not.
The reaction on-screen and live reports would suggest that yes, the studio audience does find it funny.

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:32:38 PM »
No one has commented on Jeff Davis, so I'll say something. I think Jeff Davis is all right. The only thing was that Drew was already halfway across the stage before Jeff finished his elongated "Carreeeeeeeey" in the intro. The "come on downs" are fine, and overall I thought Jeff was better than JD Roberto.

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
I wish I would have known about the two airings this week. I mean now I know and while today's show doesn't sound like the best one I still would've enjoyed seeing it. Oh well, I could see if this crappy school bandwidth can try handling CBS.com.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »
I'm sure just about every member of this site has tried their hand at announcing the show, whether it be in the shower, alone at home (or maybe not alone), or joking with friends.  You put on your best announcer voice, decide exactly how you'd hit the "come on down" to give it your own style, and really belt out "a new car!" to give it the proper reveal.  You might even think that you'd be really good at it, maybe make a tape and impress your friends with your keen announcer voice.  "Man, if I was on there, I'd be really great!", you might think.

But of course the reality is much different.  Your voice is too nasaly and awkward.  And despite your best try, you can never match the natural tone of a Johnny Olson or Rod Roddy.  In the end, it all sounds forced.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Jeff Davis.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »
Drew was awful for most of this episode.  He was at his worst during Grand Game, when he just behaved like an absolute dumbass.  I don't think he even cared about hosting the show at that point -- all he wanted to do was be an attention whore.

Speaking of attention whores, Spencer came off as a complete jackass.  He did not possess one single redeeming quality, and I cheered when he was beaten at the Big Wheel.  He was the kind of contestant you looked forward to Bob running out of patience with.

I don't know what was crazier about Swap Meet -- that it offered a significantly larger prize package than Grand Game, or that it was still winnable.  Regardless, there is no good reason to offer such expensive prizes in that game.

The best way I can describe Jeff's "modelling" of the drum set during the sixth Item up for Bids is "phony."  I can't quite put my finger on why it didn't work; I just know it didn't.  Gwendolyn randomly appearing at the end of the plug so she could stand there and not do anything didn't make any sense, either.

Yay!  Somebody actually More or Less!  And she saved the show with it, too!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »
I think it was just that Jeff realized he couldn't drum AND announce at the same time. He obviously attempted to and someone offstage must've signaled him to stop drumming.

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 08:40:39 PM »
Spencer's dinosaur walk was a little funnier live, when you could see the whole thing and there weren't cameras making the stage look bigger. The reason his party all had dinosaurs on their shirts was because they were with the BBC show Walking with Dinosaurs. Naturally, they couldn't say that on the air though.

I must not have noticed the price of the range, because when I watched today I was shocked to see how expensive it was.

It didn't sound as loud on TV as I remember, but the audience went nuts when Roxie won More or Less. I nearly lost my voice. I was screaming all four of the right answers, and we flipped out when we finally got a win. When she bid $23,000 on her showcase, the audience was not happy. I was holding up 3-2 for $32,000. Maybe she was looking to me the whole time and got the numbers mixed up.  ;-)

Jeff's original reading of the SC1 copy went something like this:

"Alright. Roxie and Courtney, if you like the idea of the perfect eco-friendly backyard, then this suitcase--[laughs] 'suitcase'--this showcase is perfect for you..."

I'm kind of disappointed that they re-did that, because the audience got a kick out of it. We were also laughing really hard when Jeff was creeping in the plants at the end, but you can only see a little of that, and only in the extended credits online.

And lucky for me, I got plen-ty of camera time.  :-D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:44:19 PM by TPIRighteous »

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:49 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Jeff Davis.

I wish Jeff would be allowed to just stick to announcing then, since he has the voice for it. I thought there was too much comedy in this episode, juvenile or otherwise. To me, Drew's treatment of the Grand Game products was very unprofessional, but I did smile a bit.

I thought More or Less was pretty easy; the setup could have been much tougher. For example, with an $800 marked stereo price or with higher priced accessories. I also enjoyed hearing a couple of the older cues. 

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:45 PM »
I enjoyed the 'comedy' in this episode - the dinosaurs were hilarious and brightened up a dull PAN segment and I liked seeing Drew muck around with the grocery items. 

I thought Jeff improved as the show went on and really got into the groove in the second half.   I liked the drumming.

It was great to see one of my favourite games, Swap Meet, played for a big prize package and the MOL win was awesome.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:46 PM »
All I have to say Jeff was Great.  Also I dont like the new coming or going price reveal.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:48:14 PM by 444dd »
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »
Dice Game:  Heartbreaking loss! :cry:
More Or Less:  Awesome win to keep the skunk out! :biggrin:

An okay show overall, IMHO.

Nice to see Amber today.  I was beginning to think Amber wasn't gonna be on the show anymore.  Amber & Lanisha are my favorite beauties.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!