Author Topic: Chat and PM Bugs  (Read 11350 times)

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Chat and PM Bugs
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
This is a bug that's been happening for the last couple of days. Right about CSS time about 3 days in a row, the chat dealt with a lot of lag, and delayed messages; this also spreads into PMs where for two out of those three days I couldn't send my messages to BigJon. I know I'm not the only one that's had this chat bug, I'm not as sure about the PMs.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Chat and PM Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:21:38 PM »
Ditto on the PMs. I had to refresh and resend several times today.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »
Same here.  i have noticed alot of lag and sometimes my messages i type in chat never show up.  and then when I send PMs for the css, i get connection error and have to refresh.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
I noticed that the list kill feature (which enables you to hide the users logged on list, which I find tends to reduce lag when there are many people in the room) has been disabled...any way to get this back? 

I had a connection issue when trying to send my CSS PM today...I had to refresh the page several times in order for it to work...the chatroom has also been eating up some of my posts, too...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
So.  The last few days it's been really bad during the show...with about 25-30 people in chat, the entire site gets crippled and chat is nearly useless (it accepts your posts but doesn't display them a lot of the time).
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »
I can't even get into chat right now and the site shows "SMF Connection Problems" several times during the 11 hour.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »
This is really something that needs to be addressed; the whole site is basically down during the whole show.

It takes forever to have something show up in chat (if it doesn't eat it) and whenever you try to navigate somewhere the white SMF screen pops up.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 02:59:11 PM »
I know from experience from the league website, that Version 6 of FlashChat is buggy as hell.  We tried it for a week, before we gave up on it and went back to version 4.7 (the version this site used untill recently).

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
I was ablse to get a hold of seth and this is what he told me:

"I can't even get to the site itself right now due to a connection problems error.  Something about the combination of the chat software and the server itself is causing a tremendous slowdown.  I'll comb the settings when things cool down and see if there's any tweaks I can use to optimize server usage, or if there are any settings on the server that need to be fixed"

Let's give him the time to do what he needs to do for the time being. 
Thanks.

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »
It's 11:41...probably going to curse this but the site is running MUCH better today than the last week or two.  Thanks!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »
Definitely better, chat and messaging alike.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »
Yes, I agree, chat was much much better today.  No eating lines and lagging.  I hoep it continues.