Author Topic: CSS Results for November 10  (Read 6324 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 10
« on: November 10, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
Yesterday when I joked "double the points, double the overbids" I seemed to have hit a chord. Of a very large field today (31 players), only two went over, both of them quite tragically so.

But today's CSS is really brought to you by the letter G. G is for GARF! Myself included, EVERYONE included except our winner and DSWer namnhu12! Assuming the definition of a garf is a total difference of > $10K... well a couple people even triple garfed today.

What the HECK was in those showcases?! I honestly didn't think the bikes were that expensive, and I gave the photo safari about $12K. Then the truck was an F-150, which is not an expensive truck (maybe $20K if rigged out). But trips to the South Pacific can range from mid-priced to HOLY! and today was one of the latter. I remember a Fiji trip (I think, thought today was Tahiti) that floored most of the chatroom last season being quite reasonable. Apparently many of you managed to remember that too!

namnhu12 doubles on the trip, and on an expensive day with already doubled values, gets $133K and almost 360 points. Gatorman gets money for the bikes.

Then there's FPGWillyT of FPG lore. Would have been an amazing DSW if he'd just bid $1000 less on SC1. Today, I think, Willy has not lived up to his name; he has "heels'ed." :-D

Have a safe weekend!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 10, 2006 -- Game 39
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for November 10
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »

Congrats to me.

(First attempt at a smilie...Robert, maybe an add to chat?

And I tied StagePlayer.  I find that an accomplishment on my part, regardless of the outcome.

EDIT: Another one.

They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 02:21:47 PM »
It's official.....you need a GAAAAAAAARRRRRRFFFFFFFFF OF THE CENTURY award for CSS. :-D  Today was nothing but that. :lol:

I will say this......I think, for me anyway, this week in CSS is the best I've had in my whole career of playing.  2 DSWs, 1 win, almost $100K in cash, scored 80+ points all week.  I wish I could have more of these kinds of weeks. :-)

Congrats to all the $$$ winners and Nam for the DSW and win. :-)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »
That was my first mega-garf of Season 35 and I still placed 9th.  Those showcases were downright EVIL!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 02:26:20 PM »
I love the pic tpirfan28......just gotta make it a lil' bit smaller if possible (someone submitted a QSW graphic that big....tested it out in chat.....it was WAY too big).  But I love it.  :lol:

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 02:27:30 PM »
Teehee...did you say 'Fiji'?

Yeah, not much else to add today...looks like pretty much everyone else was in the same boat.  Very few people could pin these things down.  Well, it's still better than a lot of things, so I'll take it.  Now to sit back and enjoy just being able to watch the show next week without fretting frenetically over flummoxing final showcases...
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 02:45:18 PM »

Robert Searcy wrote:
I love the pic tpirfan28......just gotta make it a lil' bit smaller if possible (someone submitted a QSW graphic that big....tested it out in chat.....it was WAY too big).  But I love it.  :lol:

How's that?

(And if you use it, I want to crown it in chat Monday!)
#42SP

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 02:50:44 PM »
Why, whats going on that you don't have to worry about the final showcases.  The css is stil on next week.  Oh well, I can only be in on tuesday and wednesday.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 02:53:30 PM »
When I said 'final', I meant 'end of show', not 'end of Bob's career' or 'end of CSS' or 'anything like that'.  Sorry.  I guess I got goaded into generously gratuitous alliteration and generally goaded myself into going gonzo.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »
tpirfan28, you need to convert it to .gif -- the chat only takes .gif files.  :-)

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 03:02:29 PM »
I PM'd you...but I'm not confident in it...

http://www.kellerbmk.com/garf.gif
#42SP

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »
I got your PM and put it in the chat......

Note to the chat nuts:  :gotc: is what you need to use the new Garf of the Century pic.  :-D

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 03:24:18 PM »
At least no one scored less than 100 points... :-P

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 03:27:40 PM »
Love the new garf smilie, about time we got one!

It was one of my down weeks this week - two Garfs of the Century, two normal garfs and an overbid.  Next week will hopefully be better ;-)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 04:32:30 PM »
No matter how ugly or how close, a win over Armadillo is a win over Armadillo. It's now 9-7. :-D