Author Topic: CSS Results for May 18  (Read 5209 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 18
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »
Heels should be proud, since for today, he has once again claimed his crown as the King of Furniture and scored a double on a Splendido showcase (complete with a trip). NCC-2000 came closest on the car as well as earning second place. Joe_Mello and wschmrdr both guessed closest to the actual Plinko score and earned double points; this close to playoffs, it's easy to see why they both went low today to take advantage of the double values.

A few things to note:

•There were NINE sub-$1000 differences today.
•Nobody who scored points had a raw score of under 82.
•If the $1 bidder had been wrong about the other stage player going over, even if said player had scored an EXACTA, the "stage player" still would have only received 36.73 points (before the obvious DSW doubling).
•FPGWillyT had one of the heartbreaks of the season, going over by only $32 with an excellent score of the other showcase. However, as he's gotten 14 wins this season, I don't think anyone is going to cry too hard for him.  :-)

Chatroom Showcase Showoff
Scores for May 18, 2006

[Edit: Year corrected. 2002 was when I graduated from college, but I think it was May 22. No excuse, no excuse... ::shakes head:: ]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for May 18
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
Wow. I'm now only $14,432 back of Ludwig. Honestly, I can't believe I'm doing this well. Coming into this week, I figured passing Ludwig would be impossible, considering I had to get almost $90K and hope he stayed put... all in just eight days. But somehow, I've come through in the last two days, and now it's become a reality. Like I said yesterday... just got to keep it up, just got to keep it up. Man, Armadillo's going to flip out when he gets back. :-D

Tom... I think you're 4 years in the past. ;-)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:49:45 PM »
*flips out*

Hmm...I guess I was the only thing keeping Heels in check...I disappear for a week, and look what happens!  He starts terrorizing the countryside!  Don't worry...I'll be back on Monday to make sure you get no cash next week.  :-D

...wait, what am I talking about?  I want you in the playoffs since I have your number so badly in CSS!!  Go Heels!!  :-)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Go Heels!!  :-)

I knew you'd come around and ditch the orange and blue eventually. ;-)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 11:44:30 PM »
What?  I'm just rooting for you against the field so I can smash you personally when it really counts.  :-P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 03:07:40 PM »
I know... I was messing around with you, since you said "Go Heels", as if you were a UNC fan. Ha, that would be the day.