Author Topic: The Best of Match Game DVD episode listing!!  (Read 13342 times)

Offline tomxconn

• 4/16/98
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: The Best of Match Game DVD episode listing!!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2006, 03:56:33 PM »
My wife got it for me, too.  The photo gallery doesn't play at all, and the 1962 pilot comes up garbled and pixelated.  I e-mailed BCI, no reply after about a week.  I'm waiting to see what fellow Amazoners do before I make a move.
"What would you do with $11,000?"

"I'd get my wife off my back!"

Offline JWL

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2006, 05:10:32 PM »

tomxconn wrote:
My wife got it for me, too.  The photo gallery doesn't play at all, and the 1962 pilot comes up garbled and pixelated.  I e-mailed BCI, no reply after about a week.  I'm waiting to see what fellow Amazoners do before I make a move.

If she got it on Amazon, you can exchange things through them. It's not difficult, I have done it. It has been a while so I can't give you the details, but check out their website.

OR...

You could do what I did and exchange it at the local Walmart. I just told them it was a gift (which was true) and they let me get a new one.  8-)  That one worked just fine....including the 1962 pilot.
Semper Vigilans!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
Yep. Trouble with my Disk 4 as well. I thought maybe the problem was just the original pilot, since it was so old, but alas, it was not.

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 06:28:15 PM »
FWIW, I haven't had any problems with the discs or their authoring. My set was preordered; it arrived in mid-November. The discs have played properly on both a settop Sony DVD player and a Macintosh computer.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 12:24:13 AM »
Got it today at Wal-Mart for $20.  So far, there've been no technical problems as far as I can see.

Offline tomxconn

• 4/16/98
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »
All's well that ends well...Best Buy swapped it out with no problem, new one works fine!
"What would you do with $11,000?"

"I'd get my wife off my back!"

Offline bro

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 08:54:49 AM »
First of all, after two months of searching this DVD & finally I bought it. Haven't previewed it yet, I will in the future.

Since everyone only has bought the "Best of Match Game" now I hope they release another volume of Match Game either between four to six DVD discs.

Another thought, I read somewhere that there releasing the "Dumb Dora" edition of Match Game. Does anyone know about this. If it is, will it be all episode of that edition?

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »
Just so you guys don't get excited about the possibility of a NEW set of episodes, next month, they will release a "Dumb Dora" Best-Of DVD.  It's merely the first disc of the full set, just being re-released for consumers who don't want the full set.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 01:49:44 PM »

CBSpromoman wrote:
next month, they will release a "Dumb Dora" Best-Of DVD.  It's merely the first disc of the full set, just being re-released for consumers who don't want the full set.

And, lo, it's available on Amazon for a March 13 release.

Really, was it necessary for BCI to do this when the initial set was released only three months ago?  Shouldn't a DVD set for another show be released first?
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.