Author Topic: Valentine's Day Couples Special 2/14  (Read 4003 times)

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Valentine's Day Couples Special 2/14
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »
We all knew this was coming. Alex spoils one game that will be played... and I bet you can guess what it is:

http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/the-price-is-right-and-lets-make-a-deal-offer-huge-cash-and-prizes-on-valentines-day/

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Valentine's Day Couples Special 2/14
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »
I just wonder with the prizes in one of the showcases being spoiled, if CSS would still count for that show.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:20:20 AM »
I just wonder with the prizes in one of the showcases being spoiled, if CSS would still count for that show.
Well since we don't know exactly what one of the prizes is, just that it is what it is, there would still be an element we wouldn't know. It's Jon's call in any case.

I'm also ready to see that game go 0-8 for the year, if it doesn't get played before that. I wish a different game came out instead of that one.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 02:20:17 AM »
We all knew this was coming. Alex spoils one game that will be played... and I bet you can guess what it is:

http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/the-price-is-right-and-lets-make-a-deal-offer-huge-cash-and-prizes-on-valentines-day/

We get it, Mike, you like Pay the Rent. That doesn't mean it's the only game worth being played on 'special' shows...
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 04:41:43 AM »
We get it, Mike, you like Pay the Rent. That doesn't mean it's the only game worth being played on 'special' shows...

My thoughts exactly.  Roger would never do this crap.

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 05:43:03 AM »
I Want a special Golden Road call HEARTS ROAD!

Offline Macsen

• Retro Recap Guide
  • The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 07:12:35 AM »
You'll never see Golden Road and Pay The Rent in the same show. No way they'll ever put $180,000 on the line between two pricing games.

Except maybe if we ever have a prime-time special again.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 07:59:50 AM »
I Want a special Golden Road call HEARTS ROAD!

What's wrong with just plain ol' Golden Road being played on the Valentine's show? Doesn't need a Fancy Dan souped-up title.

EDIT: Besides, a better name would be Lover's Lane (Not that I'd want to see it!)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:02:57 AM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline FredtheOne26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 08:33:09 AM »
3 strikes for the valentine day ! just a dream :(

The Positive guy ! I hate negativity

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 09:16:35 AM »
I'm a romantic boy! :oldlol:

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
You'll never see Golden Road and Pay The Rent in the same show. No way they'll ever put $180,000 on the line between two pricing games.
Except the one time they did.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
That doesn't mean it's the only game worth being played on 'special' shows...
What do you mean by that?

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »
Is it just me, or do I smell MDS... just sayin.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »
Why would there be an MDS? For the past few seasons we've had daytime Valentine's Day specials, why would they make the exception this year? Unless CBS' primetime schedule takes a massive turn for the worst, we won't be seeing any MDSs or other TPiR primetime specials for a while. They're the most solid network on television right now (at least in primetime).
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »
I bet a dollar that Golden Road will show up as Lovers Lane.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)