Author Topic: cu's Price is Right: Episode FIVE!  (Read 28999 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
cu's Price is Right: Episode FIVE!
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »

Last time, on cu’s Price is Right, we tried to break the bank! sjd93 played our Switcheroo game perfectly, getting all five prizes right on his second try. This, indeed, shows that the small items DO matter after all, Drew.  We also had our second straight multiprizer won with wpghi5 winning four nice prizes that weren’t trips! On top of that, pathfinder20 and Flerbert419 each spun a dollar on the big wheel, and got some cash to show for it, and Flerbie wound up going all the way, winning a bunch of furniture in the showcase. Of course, the show had its downsides, with UniquePerspective continuing to have bad luck on It’s in the Bag, vadernader got tripped up in Card Game, and we had our first technical win in show history.

But who cares about that? It’s time for our historic FIFTH SHOW, and it promises to be bigger than any other show to date! At least in this series, anyways.  There are lots of wonderful prizes lined up and begging to be given away, and give them away we shall! And, for the fifth time, there are a few simple rules to follow, designed to keep the show flowing in an orderly fashion and keep me from going completely insane:

1. 24 hour time limit for EVERYTHING.  In the Row, that's 24 hours from the previous bid. Miss the deadline once and you’ll get a warning, miss it twice and you’ll be ejected from the show. Pricing games will be handled based on the circumstances.  If you know ahead of time you will be away for an extended period of time, please let me know via a PM and we'll work something out.

2. Audience participation is encouraged, but please don't help out during the One-Bids. Anywhere else is fine.

3. I will PM you when I call you down. Otherwise, you will have to pay attention to this thread!

4. All contestants must meet eligibility guidelines as stated in the official Rules of the Host Your Own section.

And again, for the fifth time, auditions!  If you want to play, simply give your funny answer to the following question when you sign up:

It’s the return of the Do-It-Yourself showcase! This time, however, you get to completely do it yourself, theme and everything. What is your showcase going to be?

As always, the question is completely optional…you are not obligated to answer it.  However, those that do answer it will be considered first, and those with the most creative and witty answers will be chosen first. If you want that coveted green spot right off the top of the show, you need to make me laugh so hard that I suddenly forget why the other answers are funny!

Also, I still have the First Four Pass left over from the last show…so let’s give it away!  Last time, the budget prediction game went over well, with guesses all over the place…but none which resulted in a win. Therefore, this time, the First Four Pass for Episode Six will go to the person who can guess which retired pricing game will be played on this show. Bonus points if you can correctly guess what the game will be played for as well. (Sidenote: the games currently “in limbo”- Bargain Bar, Credit Card, Check Game- do not count as “retired” for this purpose…plus, I just played Credit Card in Episode Two, so it’s not showing up anytime soon, anyways.)

The show will start Saturday at 8pm Eastern. Good luck, have fun, and make Producer cry!  In the words of Billy Fuccillo, “It’s gonna be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!”

Oh…and the graphics received a nice makeover in between shows. I hope you all enjoy the new look. (Yay new lightbox!)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:57:08 PM by sideshowPA »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode FIVE!: SIGNUPS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »
My own showcase, huh?  Sounds fun, let's see...

"Your showcase begins as we reveal prizes to help celebrate five big shows of cu's Price Is Right!  First, how about we start with FIVE wads of FIVE hundred dollar bills each... $2,500 cash!!!

Next, we'll help you throw a bash for you and four of your friends with this... lovely new HOME THEATRE SYSTEM!!  A 50" rear-projection HDTV, five movie-theatre style seats with built in cup holders and a brand new Blu-ray/DVD combo plus 5 months of free Netflix service!!

Finally, something for you to ride around in style with five wheels: one spare and four more on your BRAND NEW CAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!11!1!!Shift+One!  The 2012 Ford Boss 302 Mustang!  Comes with standard equipment plus: AM/FM/XM/CD stereo, aluminum alloy wheels, and paint & fabric protection with Microsoft SYNC included!

So, that's $2,500 cash, a home theatre system and a brand new Mustang, and as we celebrate 5 shows it can all be yours, but ONLY if cu's Price Is Right!"

As far as the retired game, I'll say Gallery Game.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:52:15 PM by nowhammies11 »
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:59:47 PM »
I want to play here is my showcase.  I hope you like the Graphics for the showcase.

Your Showcase is all about Classic TV.
We start off with everyone's favorite red head Lucy Ricardo.  She would have loved to have this win she went shopping.  It's $5,000 in cash!!!

Next we visit everyone’s favorite bunch the Brady's.  Let’s hope you won’t get a tiki curse (door’s open) win you visit Hawaii!!!  You and a guest will fly round trip coach from L.A. to Honolulu Hawaii for a six night stay at the Hilton Hawaii.

Next it's time to rock around the clock with Happy Days and The Fonz and what he would have road this (door’s open) new motorcycle!!! It’s a 2011 Harley-Davidson nightster.

And lastly we visit America’s longest Running Game show The Price is Right.  Everyone who comes on the show wants to win this...... (Door’s open) A new Carrrrrr!!! It’s a 2011 Dodge Viper with all the extras.

And this showcase in which we look at Classic TV can be yours if the price is right!!

And the game I think you will play is shower game
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:02:54 PM by 444dd »
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 11:03:26 PM »
Just to clarify...I don't need an entire script. Just a theme, and maybe the prizes (and I don't even need specific details about those...just a generic description will do)...don't need a full blown-on script or graphics or anything. All I want is a laugh, possibly even at my expense...no need to put that much effort into it. :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:05:11 PM by cu2010 »

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 11:05:39 PM »
Just to clarify...I don't need an entire script. Just a theme, and maybe the prizes...don't need a full blown-on script or graphics or anything. All I want is a laugh, possibly even at my expense...no need to put that much effort into it. :D
If you where talking about me cu I had fun making the Graphics.  It was not that much of an effort.
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:09:29 PM »
No problem there. Just wanted to clarify, that's all. No harm done.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »
"Your showcase deals with the 55th birthday of Mr. Cinci! First, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, he went... to charming Mexico! You and a guest will fly round trip, first class, on Delta Airlines, from Los Angeles to Cancun, Mexico for a five night stay at the luxurious 5-star Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort!

So, to have some fun, while he's there he decides to go to... the Hipódromo de las Américas horse race track! We've not only included five tickets for an upcoming horse race, but also $5,555 in cash to bet with, while you're there! Suddenly, as soon as he arrives at the track, he receives a mysterious call that a horse named Suerte Cinco ("Lucky Five")  will win the race, in slot number 5, in the 5th race that day, at 5:55PM.

As the race is going on; Mr. Cinci's 5 polygamous wives and 5 children say they all surprised him, with the keys to... this new Mazda! The 2012 Mazda 5 GrandTouring, comes with comes fully loaded with standard equipment, PLUS an auto-dim mirror with homelink, interior cargo cover,  all weather floor mats, wheel locks, rear bumper guard, and cargo netting! The Mazda5!

As the race winds down to a close, as he sees the horses coming around, from his 5th row seat, lettered E, he noticed that he has no shot at Win, Place, or Show. The announcer has just called that his horse came in... Fifth. And, this showcase, we'll give you exactly five seconds to get the heck out if you get an exacta on it, can be yours if... the Price is Right!"

(After the break; Drew: ARP? Actual retail price of your showcase... 55 thousand, 555 dollars!)
Retired game: Add 'em Up; for a Mustang. Darn you, Andrew, stealing all my ideas! :p
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 12:23:19 AM »
I'll signup.

"My showcase is a salute to Mike Richards. He's done so much for The Price is Right, like bringing impossible to price prizes, including a year's supply of air! You will receive a year's supply of air to keep you blood red and your lungs filled. Price is based off the national average for air in a year. And what is air without $5000 cash!

Mike has seemed to strip away pieces of The Price is Right during his time here in an attempt to "go in a new direction." That's because he uses a special TPIR Turpentine, which we are giving you a supply of! You will receive a year's supply of this product guaranteed to remove cues, certain camera shots, announcers, and any semblance of budget control.

Budget control? Mike says "HA!" and that is why with that turpentine we're giving you....A NEW JUMBO JET! You will receive this brand new Boeing 747, decked out by Neiman Marcus, for your personal use. Come's with flight lessons and inside includes....A MANWALL and WINE VAULT! Chill your wine while watching your 5 brand new TVs. Put Air Force One and Richard Branson to shame. And scare the living daylights out of the FAA as you fly this monstrosity through the skies.

And this showcase in which we wait to see what Mike does next, maybe bring back Bullseye 72, can be yours if The Price is Right. A Do-It-Yourself Showcase from an LMAT (Loyal Mike and True)."

I'll go with a recent retired game and say Poker Game.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:23:51 AM »
I'm definitely ready for more Cu!  :-D I'm not going to bother answering the showcase question. So with that I'm going to answer the question which retired PG is going to be played on this show. And my guess is Give or Keep.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 12:43:50 AM »
I'm in, and here's my showcase.

(Pink Panther Music Plays) (Insert player's/players' name/s), your showcase is all about our models-turned-dectives figuring out clues that Drew has left on the set! And, first, Manuela finds a paper with "MMMMM" written on it! She quickly detects that Drew must have cooked up some good food in his....Brand New Kitchen! (description here)

Next, Amber finds a piece of paper with "ZZZZZ" written. She quickly deducts that Drew must have been so full, that he took a long nap on his...new brass bed! (descrp. here)

Finally, Rachel finds a piece of paper with RPM written on it. She easily figures out that after Drew's power nap, he must have hit some high RMPs on the LA Freeways in his.....NEW CORVETTE! (Big Banana) (descrp. here)

And this showcase, in which the models have deducted that the paper with smeared eye makeup on it must mean that Mimi's been by for another visit, can be yours....IF the price is right....

Hope you enjoyed!

Retired game: SUPERBALL!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:46:07 AM by wheelfan1991 »
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline jmorgan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 01:59:07 AM »
I will take a crack at this show.

Your showcase looks back at a time when the Beatles had the top 5 songs in the country on April 4, 1964. At #5 was "Please Please Me", and you'll definitely be pleased with this new spa! (Insert desc. here)

#4 was "I Want To Hold Your Hand", and you and your significant other will be holding hands in the city of lights, Paris! (Insert desc.)

#3 was "She Loves You", which she will when you show her this beautiful new diamond necklace! (Insert desc.)

At #2 was "Twist & Shout", which is what what you'll be doing with this new jukebox! (Insert desc.)

Finally, the top song was "Can't Buy Me Love".  Well, we're not forcing you to buy anything, so how about we just give you a new CORVETTE! (Insert desc.)

So, there you have it. A new spa, a trip to Paris, a diamond necklace, a jukebox, and a new Corvette. Let's just hope you don't hate the Beatles, and take all these wonderful prizes from The Price Is Right!

As far as the retired pricing game, I'm going to say Super Saver, and think it will be played for one of those restored 50's cars.

Offline vanziedorcede

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 03:21:43 AM »
I'll signup!

"This showcase is featuring water.

First, if you drink water while driving, the water will spill over your face, if you're not careful, so you'll gonna need this: beach towels! (description here)

Yes! Beach towels, where are they perfect? That's right! Beach! That's right! Hawaii! (description here)

Hey! Don't spill water on these pair of Apple iPads and iPhones (description)

Water! That was featured on today's showcase! NO, Not a boat! Our g-r.net friends, don't want a :frbs:, but they want a NEW car! (Audi A3) (description)

And this lame sho...., recap? NO NEED! They already know it! (18-minute argument), let's continue, And this lame showcase, because no one claps, and which features water could be yours, if only, the Price is Right!"

Lame showcase isn't it?

Retired Pricing Game: POKER GAME
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:31:37 AM by vanziedorcede »

Offline Realdeo

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 07:01:27 AM »
Join in

Showcase:
And you know what. You will helped by our angel to get a peek of our The Price is right prize's heaven.

First, you will peek on a $ 5,000 cash
After that, you will peek on a Ford Escape Hybrid
You also peek on a Ipad by AT&T
Finally, you will peek on  a $ 1,000 e-money to be spent on amazon.com

And you can win that all peeked prize if your price is right!

Producer: I'm sorry that to tell it wasn't The Price is right prize's heaven but The Price is right prize's dumb yard

Host: Oh boy...

GAME: Hurdle
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:05:18 AM by Realdeo »
Please give me Better Tpir, Indonesia!
http://www.blogtv.com/people/BigJon06
Old Balance is my favorite retired game
Any number is my favorite running game

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »
I'm In  :D

Showcase Idea:

This showcase is all about the "keys" to a good relationship. One "key" to a good relationship is communication, so how about you communicate with your 2 new iPhones! These iPhone 4's are the latest and greatest in technology. Another "key" is to spend time together, and how about you do it on a romantic vacation to KEY West! You and a guest will fly round trip coach Los Angeles to Key West, Florida for a 6n stay in a deluxe hotel in a 2-bedroom oceanview suite, where you will enjoy a dinner cruise under the enjoyable moonlight of key west. A last "key" to a good relationship is understanding, and who cares if she understands how you got the KEY to this new PORSCHE! The 2010 Porsche Boxster comes with standard features like a 2.9L engine plus Adaptive Sport Seats, RCL, HomeLink, ParkAssist, Extended Navigation, and one-touch window lifts. This showcase, in which we hope your wife doesn't kill you for, can be yours, if the price is right.

Retired Game: "Original" Bullseye :P
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »
My turn (in honor of April 1):

Drew: This showcase could go to anyone one of you. Let's hear it George.

George: This showcase reveals prizes as we salute annoying people! First, would you like to be like the Annoying Orange? Then you can with this basket of oranges! Well, wait oranges and a lot more of them, with this collection of fruit baskets! These fruit baskets are from Edible Arrangements (R). Now that you've met an orange that talks, let's go see someone just as annoying, but is human. Yes, we're sending to you the home of her honor Paris Hilton, a trip to New York City! You'll stay 5 nights all-inclusive at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in . You'll also get tickets to a Broadway show and a chance to meet Paris Hilton herself at a dinner at 5-star restaurant. Now, would you like to join them? I doubt it. However, if you'd like to, come home in this semi-new....1983 Fiat III Stella! This car has a 1301cc straight-four engine and a brand new dashboard! All of this can be yours if the Price is Right!

Drew: Now, what do you bid on it?

<contestant thinks>

Audience: APRIL FOOLS!

Drew: You know that was a fake rehearsed showcase? We fooled you good. Here's your real showcase!

George: Its a brand new Maserati! The 2011 Maserati Quattroporte comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission and 4.7 liter V8 engine. Now you can annoy all your friends, as they drool buckets over your new car, but only, if The Price is Right!

Retired game: Mystery Price
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]