Author Topic: CSS Results for 4/20/2011 - Highness Extravaganza  (Read 1640 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Results for 4/20/2011 - Highness Extravaganza
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
Well look, for the 4th time this season, another tie on a showcase.  Shockingly, GR Whammy cashes on it... on a xx,420 win, SMH.  Very very close at the top

[attachment deleted by admin]
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for 4/20/2011 - Highness Extravaganza
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »
From now on- i will not reveal my bids in the chatroom. People are taking advantage on my bids.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
$28,471/$36,590 (:dsw:/HEELS) -- This one still stings even though it doesn't count for anything.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
From now on- i will not reveal my bids in the chatroom. People are taking advantage on my bids.

It's certainly your choice to do that, but to insinuate that people are cheating is wrong.

There are lots of bids revealed in chat every day.  Why would people be focusing on yours?

It was an obvious decision to end a bid in -420 today.  I didn't do it, but I could see why everybody did.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
It's certainly your choice to do that, but to insinuate that people are cheating is wrong.

There are lots of bids revealed in chat every day.  Why would people be focusing on yours?

It was an obvious decision to end a bid in -420 today.  I didn't do it, but I could see why everybody did.

I have to agree with Flerbert.  The same thing happened to me last month...and the tying bid was something like $23,222.  While it is a bit of an off-the-wall bid, I think that it was just a coincidence that GR Whammy bid the same as you, especially considering the day.  If you don't feel like sharing your bids before the reveal, it's not really an issue.  I know that a couple of members here chose not to - and I have started revealing mine right as the show goes into the last segment of the show.   

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »
$33,300/$29,100... Armadillo finally stops the bleeding. My lead is still comfy at 7, though.

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
I didn't even SEE your bids
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »

Please stop being ridiculous. Yes, ridiculous. Thinking people are taking advantage of YOUR bids is silly...Almost like you assume you're the best or something. Nobody in the chat would take advantage of anyone elses bids. Having someone else bid the same as you on 4/20 with a -420 ending is strictly coincidental. If someone was really taking advantage of your bids they would have bid $35,421, plain and simple.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 07:11:58 PM »
uhh ok i thought this converstation has ended, and all of a sudden you guys are starting this again?

Even BigJon explained it this week
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:15:01 PM by Gameshowboy92 »

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
uhh ok i thought this converstation has ended, and all of a sudden you guys are starting this again?

Even BigJon explained it this week

Thank's for totally ignoring what everyone else in this thread has said. I can understand stopping after that other day...but today? That's like if you bid 30000 and someone else bids 30000 and call them a cheater taking advantage of your bids. I don't even think GRWHAMMY was IN CHAT at that time! Plus, if he was "taking advantage" of your bids, why did he not bid -421?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz