Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/9/2011  (Read 28129 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 5/9/2011
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 5/9/2011

Episode #5561K
Aired: 5/9/2011; Tape Date 4/19/2011
Models: Amber Lancaster, Rachel Reynolds (Nicole Miller)
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Pair of camcorders (DXG; ARP: $570) (Rachel)

JODY DEBRA GINA ANTOINETTE WINNER
$650 $455 $800 $500 ANTOINETTE

Antoinette is playing Most Expen$ive.

Oregon (RT coach LA to Eugene rental car to Heceta, 5n Overleaf Lodge & Spa, spa treatment, 4hr dune buggy tour) (Amber) $5,121  
Austin (RT coach LA to Austin TX, 6n Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa, speed boat rental) (George Gray) $4,058 LOSS
New Orleans (RT coach LA to New Orleans, 6n Loews New Orleans Hotel, museum tickets) (Rachel) $6,397  

Second IUFB: Look of the Week (ARP: $2,805) (Amber, with celebrity designer Nicole Miller)

Jody Debra Gina JENNA WINNER
$2550 $1100 $1200 $975 JODY

Jody is playing Push Over for a 46" LCD HDTV (Mitsubishi; built-in 5.1 audio) + lift console. (ImportAdvantage.com Banyan Creek Mahogany) (Rachel)

DISPLAY 3 1 8 7 0 9 9 5 2        
CHOICE 3 1 8 7 0 9 9
ARP $7,099
*WIN*

Third IUFB: Electric guitar (Dean Guitars Razorback; ten 1hr private lessons; ARP: $2,189) (Tracii Guns of L.A. Guns, co-founder of Guns N' Roses)

JUSTIN Debra Gina Jenna WINNER
$1400 $1550 $1800 $1801 JENNA

Jenna is playing More or Less!

ITEMS DISPLAY CHOICE ACTUAL ARP
Laptop (Dell; 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD) (Rachel) $500 MORE MORE $744
See-thru refrigerator (Frigidaire Commercial) (Rachel and Amber) $2200 LESS LESS $1699
Racing simulator (Hotseat Chassis Racer GTX) (Amber) $2800 MORE MORE $3423
Dodge Nitro Heat 4x2 (3.7-litre V6 engine, 4spd automatic transmission) (Rachel) $23,900 MORE LESS $22,995
LOSS

Total ARP won: *$5,866*

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Antoinette $570 1.00 N/A *$1,000!*
Jenna $8,055 95 25 OVER
Jody $9,904 65 30 95

Bonus/Tiebreaker...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Antoinette $1,570 5 *$10,000!!*
*SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Collection of small appliances (Zojirushi; ARP: $850) (Amber)

Justin Debra Gina NHI WINNER
$800 $801 $1 $650 DEBRA

Debra, who successfully executes the smeghead gambit, is playing for The Dining Room Group of Doom. (Michael Amini Portrait View; Noritake Aegean Mist china set; Paris stemware) (Rachel) The choices are 3, 6 and 9. (Amber)

CHOICE   9      
ARP LOSS $ 6 2 5 1

Fifth IUFB: 5.1 home theater system (harman/kardon; ARP: $1,798) (Rachel)

Justin KRISTINA Gina Nhi WINNER
$901 $660 $900 $855 JUSTIN

Justin is playing Punch a Bunch! (Amber)

ITEMS (Rachel) DISPLAY CHOICE ARP
I Love Lucy lunch tin $29 LOWER LOWER
$14
I Love Lucy cookie jar $22 HIGHER HIGHER
$40
I Love Lucy handbag (Bradford Exchange) $50 HIGHER HIGHER
$90
I Love Lucy doll set (Mattel) $125 LOWER LOWER
$70

4           1    

X      

First card: $100 SECOND CHANCE $50 GO ON
Second card: $100
Third card: $100
Fourth card: $1,000 LOSS *$1,214*

In the commercial immediately after this segment, Lucille Ball was invoked for Women's Health Week, in honor of the 60th anniversary of the premiere of I Love Lucy.

Gina got the bad luck this time, and she may be left holding the designer handbags. I have no idea whether Nicole Miller or Tracii Guns will be giving her CNAOS prizes after her visit to the mugshot machine.

Sixth IUFB: Dumbbell set (PowerBlock; ARP: $1,005) (Rachel)

PATRICK Kristina Gina Nhi WINNER
$500 $850 $1000 $650 GINA

Gina escapes! She is playing Cover Up for a Ford Focus S sedan. (2.0-litre engine, message center) (Amber)

BOARD         6
7 3
3 2 7
7 9 1 5
2 0 4 6 1
1 2 8 0 8
Original 3 4 2 3 9
Try 1 1 7 9 6 5
Try 2 1 7 8 6 5

ARP: $17,635 PAINFUL LOSS

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Debra $850 15 20 35
Gina $1,005 5 95 *$1,000!*
Justin $2,012 85 1.00 OVER

Bonus/Tiebreaker...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Gina $2,005 35 *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
Antoinette has the honor...

SC1 - GINA THE NICOLE MILLER EXPERIENCE
(with designer Nicole Miller)
MERCEDES-BENZ
BID: $42,000

Red dress (Nicole Miller) (Rachel)
New York (RT coach LA to NYC Delta Airlines, 4n superior room The Westin New York at Times Square, tickets to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week*)
Mercedes-Benz C300 (3.0-litre engine, automatic transmission, wood trim) (Rachel)

* = Fashion Week tickets are a Priceless Experience, not included in ARP.

ARP: $42,081
DIFF: $81!!!
*WIN* $80,112!!!
DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER * BOTH SHOWCASES * SEVENTH OF SEASON 39
SC2 - ANTOINETTE LIQUIDITY: EASY COME, EASY GO MINNESOTA/CAR
BID: $40,000 $5,000 cash (Amber)
Mall of America (RT coach LA to Minneapolis, 3n Radisson Hotel Bloomington, tickets to Mall of America attractions, $1,000 gift card, $100 food credit) (Amber)
Toyota Prius II (Rachel)
ARP: $36,026
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $11,570

DOOPING WOW!!! Two DSW's in three shows! All audience members get an I Love Lucy chocolate bar and various paraphanelia for Women's Health Week.

Show Results: 1 out of 6
Total Winnings: $112,503

THIS RECAP IS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/9/2011
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »
This show honestly wasn't meant to be that bad... it was the double guests, causing a ton of rushing into breaks, and Nicole being a bit too soft-spoken for her own good that dragged things down, along with blowing one of our two easy setups today.

That, and Drew has been completely terrible this taping week (4/18-20). Forgetting about Second Chance in Punchy after just doing it is one thing, but it's completely blown out of the water by going to the turntable for More or Less. Did he think it was Key or something?

ME for 3 trips not only is...too ordinary with the plasmas, it also was way too expensive today.

More or Less is getting pretty boring when the car is always manipulated to be slightly less when it looks a lot more. She could have lost at the racing simulator easily though, so I guess at least she gave it a good go? I don't know, Drew's fail set the wrong tone here...

Although Punchy was mostly boring until the 4-digit streak continued at the very end, it was set up very well again today, at least. Although the I Love Lucy connection should have been made explicitly clear.

I think Adam has figured out he can more easily get quick losses by making one of the last three digits very easy, like -5. This can easily work the other way too, but disappointing to see Gina completely stay high on the 3rd digit.

Remember when the Big Wheel was on a bonus spin drought to start the year? Yeah, neither do I anymore...

Is it bad I was more afraid of future shows trying to make up for this 78k DSW than excited for the DSW? I think Mike may have learned today that a cheapo Benz and the usual major garfing on luxury cars do not mix. Kinda wish Gina had played better so we could be talking about a 6-digit winner again, but I know she doesn't care she lost now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:52:37 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »
SLOPPY is the only word I can use to describe today's show.

Most Expensive for 3 trips is great, but those descriptions felt like it took forever.

What was going on with Drew before More or Less?

Nicole Miller looked like an utter bore on the set and unless there are others here who know about Tracii Guns, I and the rest of the viewers probably were like "who?" I mean I know who Guns N Roses are but come on. I was really hoping we were done with the guests during the one bids.

If I don't see Cover Up for a month, it will be too soon.

The showcases proved why the show needs 3 models. Rachel had to model the car for the second showcase in the gown meant for the first. It just looked very messy.

Everyone here knew that the first showcase was meant to be lost with a probable overbid. I figured the showcase would at least be $50,000+ with a Mercedes, but it must have been a cheap model. Great job on a DSW.... bet Mike didn't want that to happen. 2 cars, $5,000, and 2 relatively wanted trips would be hard for most to pass on.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:59:23 PM »
Most Expensive:  Rats!  Too bad they don't use all three doors for Most Expensive for 3 trips anymore.
Push Over:  Nice job! :-)
More Or Less:  I don't blame Jenna for saying more on the car; I would've said more too.
Pick A Number:  Curses! :-(
Punch A Bunch:  Not bad at all!
Cover Up:  Another heartbreaking loss! :cry:  Seems like there have been a lot of those on this game lately.
SCSDs:  Man that wheel has been red hot lately!
Showcase:  2 DSWs in 3 shows - awesome! :biggrin:

Pretty good start to the week even though there was only one winner, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »
Most Expensive, More or Less, Punch a bunch and cover up had tough luck Pick a number shoulda been won and Pushover was won and a nice DSW.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »
That, and Drew has been completely terrible this taping week (4/18-20). Forgetting about Second Chance in Punchy after just doing it is one thing, but it's completely blown out of the water by going to the turntable for More or Less. Did he think it was Key or something?

I was wondering when the turntable lights would go off. Then I saw the game.  :lol:

And I think it's obvious now that that TPTB know we hate the guest starts. They send us this, one, huge...thing.

Had the Mother's Day showcase winners bid a little closer to their showcase, this would have been the first 3 in a row DSW's.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
-Nothing starts a show off like Most Expen$ive for 3 trips. I didn't find it overly difficult and Austin would've been my LAST choice no doubt. Oh well.
-We move on to a pretty easy Push Over. Glad it was won.
-Why can't anyone who makes it to the car say LESS in More or Less? That really brought the show down in my opinion.
-Well Pick-A-Number was unusually easy today and she blows it....sigh.
-Yay for all of the Lucy in Punch-A-Bunch! She was a true legend. Too bad no more than $1000 could be won.
-Cover Up further deflated the show. It is so disappointing to see something like that happen.

This show was just terrible. Two guests are overkill. I don't watch the show for that and if Mike Richards thinks guests are what the show needs, can we at least get some high profile guests? Drew worked with more famous guests on Whose Line and Impov-A-Ganza than he has these past 2 years on The Price is Right.

Speaking of Drew....going to the turntable for More or Less? I think it was planned because the camera just followed him like he was right. I don't know. And the not remembering punches thing is really bad. You can't remember something for at least 2 seconds?

:dsw: was this shows lone saving grace in my opinion. I really didn't like the show at all.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
Mileage rule wins once again in Most Expensive.

The only other possible price in Pushover was $8709 but it had a good setup today.

I was thinking $26k for the Nitro, which shows why I don't OWN a car.

I don't know who loosened the wheel, but they need a raise ASAP.

Didn't even see the I Love Lucy connection until Kitch pointed it out. I'm with Wayoshi, that's something you need to club people in the head with.

Is it bad to assume the player's lost as soon as they get 4 right on the first try of Cover Up?

Great bid obviously by Gina on the :dsw:

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
$112K given away and the show's a 1/6er(assuming More or Less and Punchboard are losses)? MR must be thrilled :) Would have been a six figure total even if Push Over was lost.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »
Ugh, today really rubbed me the wrong way. It struck me as exactly the kind of show that Mike Richards wishes would take place all the time, with double guests interrupting the flow of things and not a whole lot of winning going on (he sure didn't want that DSW though). I've said something similar several times but I'll say it again: when you're doing so much you have to edit out the CNAOS plugs, you're doing it wrong. On the other hand, the show would have a lot more time if the audience bumpers after each game were that short/nonexistent everyday!

And the guests themselves didn't help. The LA Guns guitarist did exactly the kind of shredding we thought they'd learned was a bad idea (and the fact he was on LA Guns doesn't exactly make him relevant in 2011), and Nicole Miller couldn't have looked less interested to be there if she'd tried. That may have been the worst showcase cue-card read in history - absolutely atrocious. Integrating her with the look of the week went decent enough though. Also, Punch A Bunch should not need themed SPs to make it more interesting, especially when we see later on that they're only a tie to this Heart Truth week that they're promoting (Heart Truth is featuring Lucille Ball this year). They probably got paid to feature those SPs in Punch.

And my goodness, was Drew terrible today. I'd really thought we'd gotten to the point where we could rely on him to at least be solid and not make mistakes, but Thursday's and today's shows have changed my mind. If it were one mistake I'd forgive him, but when it's multiple glaring mistakes in the same show (today in Punch and in MOL) it kind of spotlights the fact that he doesn't give a rat's behind. The fact that he kept on having to bring up the fact that the show had "TWO guests" every 2 minutes and that was the reason it was good was annoying as well.

I honestly feel badly for the contestants today who had the spotlight totally taken off of them. At least the setups weren't too bad today. Punch was set up for 4 punches, PA# and Push for wins, and Cover was winnable but tricky. MOL was just evil though - it's getting a little tiresome to see the answer be "less" on cars that look more every single time it is played. And I love Most Expensive for 3 trips, but the show needs to learn to budget its time better. There would have been more time for that on a day that oh, I don't know, didn't have two guests.

Today's show was oddly parallel to Thursday's show - Drew sucked on both of them, they both were 1/6, had an 11k winner in the first showcase showdown and a DSW! The DSW at least helped make this show memorable for something. Gina placed a really good bid there on a low-end Mercedes and probably made Mike Richards' heart stop. Good for her! That was the best moment of the show today, NOT any of the extra "touches" they added.

Timings:
Most Expensive (3.5) - 3:39
Push Over (4) - 3:24
More Or Less (5.5)- 5:16
Pick A Number (3.5)- 2:31
Punch A Bunch (5.5)- 5:25
Cover Up (5) - 3:26
Total (27): 23:41

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 07:01:01 PM »
Three-trip Most Expensive was really cool to see...even if it wasn't as good as the old set-up.

Is it me, or are the contestants really, really bland nowadays?  Seems like we haven't had a memorable contestant for awhile...

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
Is it me, or are the contestants really, really bland nowadays?  Seems like we haven't had a memorable contestant for awhile...

And if they keep picking them on looks and not personality... we won't have any for a while. One or two might squeeze by, you never know.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
Not much to say about this show other than...it stunk. Push and PAN were set up semi-nice and it was nice to see Mike stopped being a jerk about Punch SP's. I mean really, if you're going to hide the big $$$ in places where contestants won't punch, why make them only get 1-2 punches? The DSW did not help the show be better in any way. However, Drew's reveal wasn't as obvious. I thought for sure we'd see a DOB today. I mean New York Delta 4n @ Westin? 4n @ Westin WITHOUT delta is cheap enough, delta just subtracts 1k from THAT price! Plus a near-base Mercedes thats as cheap as possible? Not nice Mike. At least show some effort in making the 2nd showcase nice. No need to reuse the exact same Mall of America Trip, throw in $5,000 cash and a Car and call it a 3-prize showcase when it's not.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »
I dont have a whole lot to say about today's show. i didnt see a point in the second guest star's appearace besides him playing the guitar used in the one bid.

nice job by gina getting a dsw on that mercedes showcase, im wondering if antoinette might have passed because she had no clue what to bid but im not her, i dont know what her intentions were. drew faked me out with the reveal. i was so glad he didnt pull the ol 'uh oh so and so is over i hope its not a double overbid' to me it looked like he was showing disappointment leading me to think a double overbid but we had the total opposite. in my opinion a great reveal by drew today, definitely kept the suspense

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »
Today's show has been brought to you by the letters F-A-I-L

The whole show was a disaster. ME was easy, MoL keeps getting worse, PaP was tough, Punchy continues to be dull despite a good setup and Cover Up: :-x.

I never heard of these guest stars. i rather see Justin Bieber

I remember Bob going up to the turntable when MoL was played. I thought it was funny.

The only good things today were the big wheel and the DSW. These are the keys to upset Mikey.