Author Topic: Bonuses for a perfect bid in Contestant's Row (and sounds used)  (Read 14199 times)

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
We all know about how if you make a perfect bid in Contestant's Row, you hear the clangs going off and you win a $500 bonus ($100 before 1998, $1,000 on MDSs). What I'm wondering is, what bonuses, if any, were awarded to people who made perfect bids in CR outside of the United States, and what sounds did they use to alert everyone in the studio that said bid was made?

Offline ASja2002

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Bonuses for a perfect bid in Contestant's Row (and sounds used)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:54 AM »
Only one I'm pretty sure of is Portugal's"O Preco Certo" Fernando is talking to the players and all of a sudden he pulls a 50 Euro Bill out of
his pocket with a "Cha-Ching" Effect
First QSW!! 2/8/13

Everyone be careful out there!

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:36:05 AM »
In Atínale in Mexico, a cash register "cha-ching" is heard and Marco gives the player MX$1,000.  Haven't seen it happen, though.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »
I do not know what sound is used but during ALL eras of The Price is Right in the UK, £100 was given to a contestant with a perfect bid.

In the case of the Bob Warman era, the £100 was in the form of a gift certificate.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline robbie_the_dips

• In Contestant's Row
  • Aussie TPIR Fanatic!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 03:56:05 AM »
Australia was $50 in the 80's and $100 in the Larry Emdur era

Sound effect was just multiple dings

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
no bonus in Italy, just praise  :roll:

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 10:35:03 AM »
I do not know what sound is used but during ALL eras of The Price is Right in the UK, £100 was given to a contestant with a perfect bid.

In the case of the Bob Warman era, the £100 was in the form of a gift certificate.

Just found out thanks to IGSSFX-- in the Crowther era (and I believe the Warman era), they used a "laser fire" type sound, while the Forsyth era used the "winning fire station alarm" (as well as the GSM UK episode involving TPIR). Not sure what Pasquale used.

And I found a couple of clips of Cash en Carlo from Holland on YouTube with perfect bids-- no bonus, just a synthesized "twinkle".
An example here:
(scroll to :39 in)

Offline Samhodkin

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:42 AM »
Just found out thanks to IGSSFX-- in the Crowther era (and I believe the Warman era), they used a "laser fire" type sound, while the Forsyth era used the "winning fire station alarm" (as well as the GSM UK episode involving TPIR). Not sure what Pasquale used.

There's a Pasquale TPIR on YT with a perfect bid, will look into it. Not to mention that "laser fire" sound was used in a few other Central productions. Was used if a hexagon on Blockbusters had a prize for claiming said hexagon, and was used on of for 23 years on Family Fortunes to indicate a hidden prize or top answer.

Offline Samhodkin

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 05:17:40 AM »
Just found the perfect bid in questipn, the sound seems to be your standard generic school bell.

Offline Johnnya2k4

• The AllenBlog
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:45 AM »
On the Philippine version with Kris Aquino (who is pretty much their female version of Ryan Seacrest) which I've been watching online lately, I think the perfect bid bonus is 10,000 Pesos -- $230 U.S. -- with multiple dings as the indicator.

Speaking of which...they have yet to do Plinko for up to 500,000 Pesos ($11,500 U.S.)!!

Offline columbear2012

• Times New Roman
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 08:42:40 AM »
Hey, I recognize Ms. Aquino's name. Didn't she host the Filipino edition of 'Deal or no Deal' as well as a another show called 'Million Million Na'!'? I used to watch the latter a lot when my cable system had The International Channel.
J.M.J. God love you!

BBC America for 'Dancing With the Stars'-
GSN for games!

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »
Oy vey.

Site rules:
6. Do not resurrect threads that have not had a reply in more than 30 days. Exceptions to this rule will be made for new members that have relevant information to add to the discussion, or for existing members when the thread discusses a future event that has since occurred. Also, this requirement does not apply to discussions in our Pricing Game Review sections -- which may be replied to at any time.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »
Given the lack of activity in this particular forum I would like to think that commonsense is in play and that rule doesn't really apply here.   This 6 month old thread was still on the first page, after all.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »
Yeah I've been realizing columbear has been bumping topics

Offline columbear2012

• Times New Roman
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »
Since it was first-page,I assumed this was an active topic-I was ONLY looking for a simple 'Yes' or 'No' here, OK?
J.M.J. God love you!

BBC America for 'Dancing With the Stars'-
GSN for games!