Poll

As of right now, which announcer do you like more?

George Gray
35 (32.1%)
Rich Fields
74 (67.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: July 26, 2011, 10:52:05 PM

Author Topic: George Gray vs. Rich Fields  (Read 7004 times)

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
George Gray vs. Rich Fields
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
I voted for Rich.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: George Gray vs. Rich Fields
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »
Hands-down, Rich. I'm sure I'll get used to George, but I still really miss hearing Rich's voice every day. I think part of the reason I don't like George all that much is b/c of how it all ended. I'm sure in 5 years when they try to can George I'll feel the same way I feel about Rich now.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »
I'm going to go with Rich.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »
Expect many votes of Rich Fields

Offline FFTEST22

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 11:13:30 PM »
Rich brought so much enthusiasm to the Bob Barker studio each and every day!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Sorry, had to go with George. His interaction with Drew is much more natural, and he's already improved since his start.

Or maybe I should rephrase: George wins vs. Season 37/38 Rich. But a late Season 35/early Season 36 Rich might take the cake. You should really divide "Rich Fields" into his many different voices over the course of his tenure. :P

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »
No-brainer. Rich! He was enthusiastic, fun, and friendly. Nobody that's living right now can say "A new car!" or "Come on down!" like he did. He and Drew also had a great partnership between host and announcer. It's too bad Mike Richards, who can seemingly do nothing right, fired him for searching for an "announcer in the comedic field."
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:57 PM »
Sorry, had to go with George. His interaction with Drew is much more natural, and he's already improved since his start.

Or maybe I should rephrase: George wins vs. Season 37/38 Rich. But a late Season 35/early Season 36 Rich might take the cake. You should really divide "Rich Fields" into his many different voices over the course of his tenure. :P

I'm very divided. George is great (better than I forecasted, now he'd be perfect if he'd bring back his glasses), Rich from 35/36 was great as well. Can we have a Undecided option? :p
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 12:51:51 AM »
Rich Fields is probably the best announcer they ever had....yes even better than Rod Roddy....I love his voice and how professional it sounds....just his style of announcing.....He should have never been axed....and he should be Wheel's new announcer...MUCH BETTER than Jim Thorton, I have to say.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 01:17:01 AM »
Rich Fields is probably the best announcer they ever had....yes even better than Rod Roddy....I love his voice and how professional it sounds....just his style of announcing.....He should have never been axed....and he should be Wheel's new announcer...MUCH BETTER than Jim Thorton, I have to say.

I think I disagree with... just about everything you just said. 8-O

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 01:45:56 AM »
I think I disagree with... just about everything you just said. 8-O

I think I agree with... just about everything CJ just said 8-O
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 03:20:50 AM »
Rich Fields is probably the best announcer they ever had....yes even better than Rod Roddy....I love his voice and how professional it sounds....just his style of announcing.....He should have never been axed....

I really can't imagine where you're coming from with this.  Season 37/38 Rich did some of the least professional announcing I've ever heard.  Pure and simple, he puked.  Puking is not good.

Honestly, though, George isn't any better.  His style fits Drew Carey very well.  Unfortunately, though, Drew Carey doesn't fit The Price Is Right, and building off of that, neither does George.

If you had an option for Season 35/36 Rich, I'd gladly vote for that.  As things stand, though...can I vote for Johnny or Rod?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »
Definitely Rich, in his earlier days. George is too much of an attention-seeker, and he kind of has a fake announcer voice. He just doesn't come across as natural. That said, I'd much rather have the Rich of his earlier days who said "Baaaa Barker" than the screaming, screeching Rich of his final year or two with the show.

A big fat NO to everything you said, especially the Wheel of Fortune comment.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »
Nobody that's living right now can say "A new car!" or "Come on down!" like he did.

Just because nobody living right now can laugh like Fran Drescher doesn't mean it's a good thing that she can do that.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:16 AM »
Just because nobody living right now can laugh like Fran Drescher doesn't mean it's a good thing that she can do that.
That's a scary thought.

Reading the above, I tend to agree with Rich was getting rather bad the last couple years. I'm not saying George is perfect, but he's a bit better. Also, I didn't like Rich on wheel at all. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....PAT SAJAK & VANNA WHITE" was done so horribly every time by Rich, it was disgusting. Jim Thornton had my vote all the way.

Also, Army, great avatar. :)
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]