Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 7/4/2011  (Read 34646 times)

Offline CROCODlLE

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPiR Recap - 7/4/2011
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »
Not too much to comment about, but a few things were interesting:

- Poor Tomika. The very first contestant called, and didn't have a CLUE they'd called her name. I totally lol'd when her friend had to turn her attention to the stage to let her know she had been called down.

- Yay Golden Road, even though the Corvette wasn't won. I'd be happy leaving the show with IPODs and a video camera.

- Joann was my favorite contestant, and I'm sad she did not win Grocery Game. Her husband looks VERY familiar.... was he a previous contestant?

- Jennifer leaves with IPODs, a video camera, AND $1,000. NICE!

- Eighteen, graduated High School, and winning a Spa on The Price is Right. Go Jeffery! XD

- Lucky Seven eats your soul. That car was staying where it was with that price. Poor Kelsy.

- And poor Reggie. Two rounds of bidding, but outbid by five dollars, and Tamika is over by one. THAT was an exciting ninth round, just wish one of them had gone on-stage.

- Plinko and Golden Road for the win, but what a horrible Plinko drop! And this after another thread talked about how to drop Plinko chips!

- Smart bidding, cool trips, but a mostly so-so Showcase.

In all honesty, the show came off really average, but not bad considering there was only 1 win.

Is it just me, or are the models not talking as much anymore?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:32 PM »
Triple Play is due, but they did it for red, white, and blue cars last 4th of July show so it would've been same old thing if they did it again.

The solution, of course, would be to play it at a normal rate during the season so that this doesn't happen every year!

If it is not played on any of the remaining shows, there would only be three playings this season.

It would make it the least played pricing game this year.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 09:57:53 PM »
Well yes, it should have been played at least a couple more times!