Author Topic: TPIR.com  (Read 24055 times)

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
Re: TPIR.com
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:11:55 PM »
Well, the new back monitor is significantly bigger, but it's not a killer. The neon lights around the stage weren't so bad either. I also can finally notice the darker curtains, lol.
at least they got rid of the purple curtains,it just didn't look right...

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 11:22:01 PM »
I'm not too crazy about the lights around the audience or the new look to the front of Contestants Row, but everything else looks great.  Also, it looks like they added a blue and gray carpet in the aisles.

I don't know if it's just me, but I find it a disservice to other game show hosts when Drew said it was an "easy" job, when I think even Bob stated in past interviews on how difficult it is to host a show like The Price is Right and entertain an audience in the studio and in homes across America.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 11:24:18 PM »
at least they got rid of the purple curtains,it just didn't look right...

There was no purple curtain. Pastel Blue, Yellow, and red.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 11:27:53 PM »
I don't know if it's just me, but I find it a disservice to other game show hosts when Drew said it was an "easy" job, when I think even Bob stated in past interviews on how difficult it is to host a show like The Price is Right and entertain an audience in the studio and in homes across America.
It's easy to half-@$$ the job and get through the show, difficult to host it well. :)
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
It's easy to half-@$$ the job and get through the show, difficult to host it well. :)
true about that!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 11:42:49 PM »

I completely agree that it was disrespectful.  This must be the reason that Bob is in such good shape, since he did something so simple for 35 years!

Drew saying that it's an easy job just means that he's not doing the best that he possibly can, because being brilliant at something takes effort and practice.

I think Drew has the potential to be an outstanding host.  But it seems like he doesn't yet have the willpower to really press himself to produce a spectacular show everyday.

I hope that he proves me wrong.  I hope that this season (in his contract year) is filled with constant excitement and suspense led masterfully by Drew at the helm.

Until then, he will only be the "host" The Price Is Right and never the "star".
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
I completely agree that it was disrespectful.  This must be the reason that Bob is in such good shape, since he did something so simple for 35 years!

Drew saying that it's an easy job just means that he's not doing the best that he possibly can, because being brilliant at something takes effort and practice.

I think Drew has the potential to be an outstanding host.  But it seems like he doesn't yet have the willpower to really press himself to produce a spectacular show everyday.

I hope that he proves me wrong.  I hope that this season (in his contract year) is filled with constant excitement and suspense led masterfully by Drew at the helm.

Until then, he will only be the "host" The Price Is Right and never the "star".
hes more of a slack kind of host on TPIR :/

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 12:11:16 AM »
I noticed the "40 years" pedestals were behind one of the cars when it was revealed.

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 12:20:40 AM »
do you think TPIR.com will post a little sneak peak at whats coming for season 40 of TPIR?

I hope so!

where you find a pics on your avatar?

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:53 AM »
I hope so!

where you find a pics on your avatar?
you cant yet.I just took a picture from the video BB and just post it on as my avatar

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 12:50:43 AM »

I'm not exactly sure Drew meant it as "oh please, a dog could do this!". I think it was more of a "wow, this job is so much fun it doesn't feel like work". Yes, hosting a show, especially a game show like TPiR is difficult, but when you love your job you're not likely to say it's really hard to do.

As for the video peek, I absolutely LOVE the set changes. I do wish there were more on-stage changes to go with season 40, but everything they've changed looks AMAZING!!! The studio seems brighter for some reason too...could be all the extra new lights :P If I have to nit pick anything, it'd probably have to be the TPiR signs at the back of the audience, they look weird b/c of where they put the $ (as CJ said in his taping report). Might I add that the video "wall" is simply incredible. Trip skins are the preference, but this works so much better than the smaller monitor we had the last couple of seasons.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »
I'm not exactly sure Drew meant it as "oh please, a dog could do this!". I think it was more of a "wow, this job is so much fun it doesn't feel like work". Yes, hosting a show, especially a game show like TPiR is difficult, but when you love your job you're not likely to say it's really hard to do.

As for the video peek, I absolutely LOVE the set changes. I do wish there were more on-stage changes to go with season 40, but everything they've changed looks AMAZING!!! The studio seems brighter for some reason too...could be all the extra new lights :P If I have to nit pick anything, it'd probably have to be the TPiR signs at the back of the audience, they look weird b/c of where they put the $ (as CJ said in his taping report). Might I add that the video "wall" is simply incredible. Trip skins are the preference, but this works so much better than the smaller monitor we had the last couple of seasons.
indeed!

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:48 AM »

I hope that he proves me wrong.

Drew has had ample opportunity to prove us wrong.  The fact that he still has no intention of putting any extra effort into the job only confirms what we already see on the air almost every day.

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 06:20:44 AM »
you cant yet.I just took a picture from the video BB and just post it on as my avatar

where can I watch the video BB?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:23:27 AM by offerta »

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 08:33:20 AM »
I will say, about the set changes-

-Audience curtains: Look great.
-Neon lights: Still think they're pointless, but look better than original.
-Door #4: Seems a little too long. The smaller monitor was better.
-Back of audience platform: I'll get used to it.
-Stripes down the Audience rows: Ehh.
-One Bid Podiums: Think the silver stripe underneath looks bad.
-Audience Signs: CJ's rendition can't even rendition how awful they look (even though CJ's rendition was still amazing).