Author Topic: The Price Is Right Decades - Ludia's latest TPIR game!  (Read 82156 times)

Offline Trevtpir

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: The Price Is Right Decades - Ludia's latest TPIR game!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »
Will TPIR Decades be available for PS3 on Blu-ray disc in retail purchase form or will it be a PSN network game?  Also, are the pricing games that were in the first two TPIR games still in Decades?  Are Johnny Olson's and Rod Roddy's voices in the game (excluding bonus video  clips)?

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:52:45 PM »
We actually have been able to see the second playing of Professor Price, but it was also a perfect win, iirc. We just came up with the most logical rules we could for those situations :)
By that, I would assume that the second playing was much like the first -- the answers to the first two questions were in the price of the car.

Also, good to finally see Mii compatibility. I thought you folks would never get rid of those dumb-looking avatars (Press Your Luck 2010 being a pretty good example).
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 03:59:53 PM »
If I had to guess what would happen, if the answers to the second question were both "No," they'd just show the correct number, rather than ask the contestant what he thought the number was.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
My guess as to what's done is if the answer is "no" to the second or fourth question, they simply move on without revealing a number.  Numbers would be revealed when the Professor says they're in or when the contestant has reached 3 right or wrong answers.  But I like goldroadfanatic's idea too.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
We actually have been able to see the second playing of Professor Price

I am officially jealous. :)

If I had to guess what would happen, if the answers to the second question were both "No," they'd just show the correct number, rather than ask the contestant what he thought the number was.

But which number would they show?  Bob never said they were asking about a specific spot in the price -- he just asked the contestant if the number was in the price.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 04:52:54 PM »
Hm, maybe they'd reveal the second number after the second question and reveal the first number after the fourth question, like in the first playing?  Or would they reveal the first or second number at random if either of those questions had an answer of "No?"  Either that or, what Garvin said, no numbers would be revealed and the game would continue with the third question or, if necessary, the last question.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:55:26 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »
JC if you can answer this that would be great.  How many priceing games total will be in the game?
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »
I'm very excited to hear that Super Ball is in this one, as it was one of my favourite games on the show growing up.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline Trevtpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »
Will Penny Ante's famous sound be in?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »
This game sounds like it's going to be really great!  Will the games be played for current era prizes or will there be prizes from the decades being played also?  Will we see the rainbow wheel for the 70s? 

And best of luck in your future endevors!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 11:39:06 PM »
Hey guys!

So as some of you might have seen from yesterday's Season 40 premiere,

It's September 20th already?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 12:05:05 AM »
I think he means that the premiere was taped yesterday (though that's not necessarily true, either).  He's addressing members of this site who attended yesterday's taping, if there are any.
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 12:19:02 AM »
It's September 20th already?

You missed the memo about the time machine?  I tell you, the premiere was great. :P

Cyclone

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 01:39:29 AM »
I can only think of a few questions:

* How will the game handle Walk of Fame's autograph books (i.e., showing signatures). Further, will the ranges change depending on the prizes offered (as the actual game did)?

* Will Professor Price be introduced with "Pomp and Circumstance" as he was in-show? (This game is a very out-of-left-field inclusion!)

* Are there going to be more classic clips? If so, may we expect some of hosts that are not Mr. Barker or Mr. Carey (i.e., Dennis James, Tom Kennedy, Doug Davidson)?

* Do any of the games occasionally "malfunction", such as Penny Ante's "Yes"/"No" covers falling open?

Based on one of your later replies, it would seem that there are at least five retired games included (I would not expect all 105 games ever used on the show to be present, although it would make for some great addons); would Shower Game, Telephone Game, or Finish Line be among the included games?

Thanks for any replies; I am most certainly looking forward to this game!
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline bigmike31985

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 02:46:54 AM »
I cant wait till the game comes out. It sounds like a lot of fun. I am happy Super Ball will be in it as well. It was one of my fav games that was on the show.