Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/2/2012 (Celebrity Week: Snoop Dogg)  (Read 30153 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 1/2/2012 (Celebrity Week: Snoop Dogg)
« on: January 02, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - //

Episode #5662K (Celebrity Week: Snoop Dogg)
Aired: 1/2/2012; Tape Date 8/24/2011
Models: Manuela Arbelaez, Rachel Reynolds, Gwendolyn Osborne
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Manuela
First Four Contestant Seating: Mixed (2, 1, 3, 4)

First IUFB: Set of Sony portable consoles (Two PSP go's, two PSP-3000's, 4 games, 2 starter kits; ARP: $830) (Rachel)

ARMANDO ASHLEY DANA NEIL WINNER
$800 $650 $951 $952 ???

Armando, a 15-year veteran (SSgt) in the U.S. Air Force, is playing Lucky $even for a Chevrolet Camaro 1LT convertible. (3.6l engine, AT, CST, Convenience & Connectivity Package) (Snoop Dogg with all models, Gwendolyn driving)

The way Celebrity Week works: each day's celebrity gets to help the stage contestant, and wins the value of all pricing game prizes won in cash for their charity of choice. Snoop Dogg's charity is the Snoop Youth Football League.

CHOICE -- 5 7      
ARP 3 2 1 2 5 $32,125
LEFT 7 4 0     LOSS

Second IUFB: Air hockey table (Brunswick V-Force; ARP: $999) (Gwendolyn and Rachel)

LETICIA Ashley Dana Neil WINNER
$750 $350 $650 $700 LETICIA

Leticia, from San Dimas (EXCELLENT!), is playing Push Over for the Ultimate DJ Package. (DJ deck, light system) (Manuela)

DISPLAY 1 2 0 0 5 3 7 7 1        
CHOICE 1 2 0 0 5 3 7 7
ARP $5,377
*WIN*

I can't imagine an easier possible setup for that game.

Third IUFB: Home gym (Inspire M2; ARP: $2,495) (Manuela)

ALEXIS Ashley Dana Neil WINNER
$1400 $1500 $1501 $1 DANA

Dana, who executes the smeghead gambit, is playing One Wrong Price.

55" 3D Plasma HDTV (Panasonic) (Gwendolyn) $2297 $2297
Mac Pro (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) (Rachel) $2830 $3973
WIN
All-in-one washer/dryer (LG; silver) (Manuela) $1475 $1475

Total won: *$7,745*

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Armando $830 75 STAY *SHOWCASE*
Leticia $6,376 15 45 60
Dana $10,240 65 45 OVER

Fourth IUFB: Refrigerator (stainless steel; 20.6 cu.ft.; ARP: $1,049) (Gwendolyn)

Alexis Ashley SIDNEY Neil WINNER
$650 $1101 $875 $1100 SIDNEY

Sidney, a Carolina Panthers fan, is playing Range Game for a Harley-Davidson Super Glide Custom motorcycle. (Rachel)

Range: 14800-15400
Choice: 15073-15223
ARP: $15,170 *WIN*

Fifth IUFB: Trip to Napa Valley (RT coach LA to Oakland rental car to Napa, 3n River Terrace Inn, wine tasting; ARP: $3,522) (Manuela)

Alexis Ashley FAREEDA Neil WINNER
$1900 $1301 $1300 $1000 ALEXIS

Alexis is playing Check-Out for a vintage restored 1962 Lincoln Contential convertible. (V8, AT, power top; Appraised value: $29,500) (Snopp Dogg and Gwendolyn)

ITEM GUESS ARP
Hidden Valley Ranch dressing $2.50 $3.79
Viva paper towels $2.00 $2.69
Boboli 12" pizza crust $7.00 $4.69
Keebler Town House crackers $3.20 $4.19
Birdola Plus bird feed

$6.00

$5.99
TOTAL $20.70 $21.35
*WIN*

Ashley and Neil should be lucky Snoop is a long way from his origins in gangsta rap. He'd probably cap them for their abject stupidity. But he's also been a very mellow cat. So mellow, some in the chat room were wondering if he was baked. Now, the only shooting they'll be facing is from the mugshot machine, which happens to be another kind of shooting Snoop's familiar with.

Sixth IUFB: Selection of designer crap jewelry (Lia Sophia; ARP: $592) (Rachel and Gwendolyn)

DARLENE Ashley Fareeda Neil WINNER
$500 $350 $700 $701 DARLENE

Ashley and Neil head over to get their mugshots taken, and Darlene is playing Plinko! (Manuela and Rachel)

ITEM DISPLAY DIGIT CHOSEN ARP CHIP VALUE
Collapsible cooler 21 2 $25 $1,000
Sunglasses (Mark by Mark Jacobs 58 8 $98 $10,000
Ice cream maker 70 0 $90 $0
Coffee maker 40 0 $80 $1,000
FREE CHIP VALUE: $500
TOTAL WON: $12,793
TECH LOSS

SCSD #2

To add to what was won in the pricing games, the show's celebrity will get a spin during the second Showcase Showdown. They will multiply the spin number by 100 and add that cash to their total.

Snoop Dogg spins a 20 on his spin, for $2,000. He won a total of $72,585 for his charity, the Snoop Youth Football League.

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Darlene $13,385 20* 10 30
Sidney $16,219 40 95 OVER
Alexis $33,022 60 N/A *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
In the David-vs.-Goliath Showcase Round, Alexis has the honor...

SC1 - ARMANDO BACKSTAGE WITH SNOOP DOGG NEW ORLEANS/CAR
BID: $33,000 New Orleans (RT coach LA to NO, 3n luxury hotel, *VIP on-stage tickets + backstage visit for Snoop Dogg concert at the Voodoo Music Festival*) (Snoop Dogg)
2012 Chrysler 300 Limited sedan (3.6l V6 engine, 5AT, nav system) (Manuela)
ARP: $36,915
DIFF: $3,915
*WIN* $37,745
SC2 - ALEXIS SNOOP'S FAVORITE THINGS SPORTBOAT
BID: $25,200 14pc headphone set (Skullcandy) + 64GB iPod touch + $500 iTunes gift card (Snoop Dogg)
Barbecue kitchen island (Summerset) (Gwendolyn)
Sea-Doo Speedster 150 15' powerboat (w/trailer) (Rachel)
ARP: $29,460
DIFF: $4,260
LOSS $33,022

The show raffled off some autographed "Snoop" TPiR nametags to the contestants, and have one that can be won on the website.

Show Results: 4 out of 6 (Plinko center slot hit)
Total Winnings: $116,987

THIS RECAP IS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/2/2012 (Celebrity Week: Snoop Dogg)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »
Well, another historic moment for TPIR. First celebrity charity show (Correct?). It felt more than just a bit awkward for me, and I think much of that feeling was due to Drew and his hosting and contestant/guest interactions.

Thoughts on the games: The Lucky $even setup could have been made a lot easier. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how well Check Out was played, and how well Snoop did with the small prize prices in Plinko.

And, he got to read the showcase actual retail prices. Cool.

Overall, I like seeing something different now and then, but to me, the show has just strayed too much from classic Price: happy, mostly dignified contestants, professional, skilled host.

Snoop does seem like a very nice guy.  :-)   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:31:33 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »
Wow, the only other option in Push Over would have been to not knock any blocks off, which has never been right.  Talk about an easy setup.....

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »
I admit this show was better than I expected. Snoop seemed to know what he was doing as he helped the contestants. The vintage Lincoln was a nice car, glad it was won.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »
L7: Even w/ Snoop Dogg around, a playing for a $32K+ Camaro Convertible wasn't going to be easy to win today- boy, was it ever NOT. I probably would've lost on the fourth digit.

Pushover: All but a forced win.

ME: Pretty easy; MacPros are supposed to be fairly expensive.

Range: Very well played!

Check-Out: When Mike Richards said Snoop Dogg knew his groceries, he wasn't kidding for the most part! I'm not sure if a car was previously won in this PG until today.

Pl!nko: Darlene & Snoop played the SP part very well!

Showcases: Darn it- Alexis lost any chance of both the Sea-Doo & the retro Lincoln being behind Door #2 by $345. I wish she had bid on the Showcase Armando ended up winning instead.

Great start to Celebrity Week!

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
Check-Out: When Mike Richards said Snoop Dogg knew his groceries, he wasn't kidding for the most part! I'm not sure if a car was previously won in this PG until today.

Pl!nko: Darlene & Snoop played the SP part very well!
He definitely did a good job with the Plinko SPs. Granted he thought the ice cream maker might be $100 (don't think Plinko SPs can be 3 digits), but it was $90. So he had a good feel for it. Check-Out, on the hand, was basically poor guesses in opposite directions cancelling out. And Snoop had the good sense to suggest dropping the chips from the middle. Nice wheel shout-out by Snoop.

Loved Manuela's orange dress.  :-D Looked fantastic in Plinko especially.

Before Alexis got called down, she was visible in the crowd behind contestant's row. I could tell she was into the show, shouting out bids and waving to the camera.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »
Always a great show when everyone leaves with something significant!

As chat was saying, things were kind of awkward at the beginning. I think the celeb being introduced in PG1 is a product of him/her only being involved in the PGs directly - Snoop was only there when charity winnings were up for grabs and the self-created SCs (which were actually OK, I see Mike took care of the details when he said a boat) - but it did slow down things in L7. It also was a terrible idea to use that L7 setup in the 1st of 30 games, but I'm really not surprised at Mike Richards anymore.

Also adding to the awkward feeling was the fact that unlike couple shows, varying things happened with Snoop as the partner. L7 & Push seemed to listen somewhat, OWP he was more assertive about thinking about the prices (I liked this advice), Snoop was surprisingly dead on in Range, and C/O was very disjointed. He also was pretty good in Plinko. We knew coming in every one of these shows would have a different feel, but now it feels like from game to game the feeling changes, depending on the contestant and game. I have a feeling things are going to get wilder as the week goes on...

The lineup was particularly... awkward, to use the same word again. I know lineups will end up on the short end this week, so I'm not going to nitpick on 3 quickies, but Plinko needed to be 3rd.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »
I haven't seen the show yet, but watching your clip there Wayoshi did you notice at 2.19 it looks like there is no contestant and Drew is only talking to Snoop Dogg?  Very strange.

But 5/6 sounds like a good show in any case.  Check Out for a car being won is a nice highlight.

Offline AndrewRMora

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »
They offred that Lincoln on Cullen PiR and the price was $6,747.00.
TITLE    PRICE IS RIGHT
PROD.    #273N
AIR    T.B.A
VTR    8-15-79
PICKUP        TAKE 1

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
I haven't seen the show yet, but watching your clip there Wayoshi did you notice at 2.19 it looks like there is no contestant and Drew is only talking to Snoop Dogg?  Very strange.
Either Snoop is obstructing Alexis completely (possible by the angle) or there was a reshoot from that camera. That is curious though

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »
Hey, pretty much another 5/6 day! (Well, 4/6 + a Plinko $10K slot hit, but still.) And the only person who lost his game won the car showcase anyways. So, everyone's a winner!

Lucky $even was evil; guess Mike doesn't necessarily let up just because it is Celebrity Week. Not often nowadays we see cars with 3 as the first digit in games where the price has to be guessed, so that at least was interesting to see.

Push Over was more than a pushover... it was pretty much a tip-over.

I'm curious if, in OWP, she thought the computer was more or less than that $2800 price. Not that it matters as far as gameplay is concerned.

Snoop pretty much nailed the Harley in Range.

Check-Out was, of course, harder than usual (being played for that car and all), so it was nice to see it won. I think Snoop was giving out prices at where he shops, which might be cheaper than CA prices? Whatever the case, the $7 guess on the pizza crust nicely cancelled out the other lowballs, and they nailed the tough bird feed, too.

Good job on the SPs in Plinko, and the board cooperated by giving us our first center slot hit since October 14.

Close Showcase round there.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
Either Snoop is obstructing Alexis completely (possible by the angle) or there was a reshoot from that camera. That is curious though

She's there- you can see her hand move out from behind at one point. Not a very well blocked shot...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
She's there- you can see her hand move out from behind at one point. Not a very well blocked shot...
Ah, you're right.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 05:16:49 PM »
Great show today. Our second straight 5/6 show. Only downfall was an evil Lucky 7.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »
This celebrity week thing might actually work out..... I thought Snoop Dogg was gonna wreck the show, but he went along nicely with it.....
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)