Author Topic: "The Better Show" goes behind the scenes for The Price is Right 40th Year  (Read 3027 times)

Offline shieldsy101

• Walking the Golden Road
"The Better Show", a syndicated lifestyle program, recently went behind the scenes for "The Price is Right". Former guest announcer JD Roberto goes behind the scenes, and interviews Drew Carey, Mike Richards, George Gray, and Stan, the contestant selector.

Credit goes to youtube user "better"
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Hmmmm.....I wonder what "fans" Mike was talking to when he said "it's ok, I've still seen the episodes." (Like I have to guess)

Seems they were there for Valentine's Day and the show after it. Is it me or does the graphic for Valentine's Day look better on that large screen?

I've always thought that for all the criticism that Drew gets around here for hosting, he is still one of the nicest people around. It just shows through the television on any show he's been apart of.

Hi Stan.  :-)

I've always liked George. He just has that personality.

All in all, a nice backstage look. J.D. said it was rare to get a look backstage, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. We've had 3 backstage looks so far this season. Although that may be related to the milestone.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Might want to throw a *spoilers* tag on this since it is from an upcoming episode, and not one that has already aired.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
JD Roberto hosted the live TPIR stage show in Atlantic City around 2004.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
I noticed that Richards said nothing about actually giving away prizes.

Hmmmm.....I wonder what "fans" Mike was talking to when he said "it's ok, I've still seen the episodes." (Like I have to guess)
He also said the "fans" had contention with him being too young. No, the problem is that he does not "get" Price and is a complete Diet Coke and Mentos off-camera.

I do wonder exactly what he meant by "still seen the episodes", though.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Nice to get a glimpse of the Mighty Sound Effects Lady.  :-)

Offline Rusty

• Walking the Golden Road
I do wonder exactly what he meant by "still seen the episodes", though.

Probably a reference to the thousands of episodes that were produced before his arrival that some of the fanbois claim he should be studying, emulating, imitating, paying homage to, etc.  More or less a general rebuttal to the criticisms that go along the lines of "Doesn't he realize I can hold up an episode from last week and an episode from 1987 and tell they're two different episodes?"