Author Topic: Oprah’s OWN cancels Rosie O’Donnell’s talk show  (Read 5544 times)

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Oprah’s OWN cancels Rosie O’Donnell’s talk show
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »
You forget though, that this is a internet forum, populated by quite a few people, who seem to think that at their every whim, Television will automatically be made perfect to their liking, and if anyone disagrees with their opinion, they can get lost.  :lol:

Anyone else find this post just a bit ironic coming from this particular user?

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »
Who wants to place bets the Oprah Winfrey Network will soon come to an end?

That actually is part of why I'm not surprised The Rosie Show is being cancelled. I can't remember where I had heard it, but the OWN network just hasn't been doing so hot after the first year. Looking at some of the tv show lineups, it doesn't look like Oprah has many programs listed that would intrigue a lot of people.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 11:17:13 PM »
Geez, people... if you don't like something, don't watch it.  There's no need to demand that Everything You Dislike Must Disappear From the Universe.

I didn't see one post in this thread to which this statement applies.  Did I miss something?

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 12:25:23 AM »
That actually is part of why I'm not surprised The Rosie Show is being cancelled. I can't remember where I had heard it, but the OWN network just hasn't been doing so hot after the first year. Looking at some of the tv show lineups, it doesn't look like Oprah has many programs listed that would intrigue a lot of people.

I'm not trying to bash Oprah because she's talented and I have a lot of respect for her. She is a powerhouse, she has influence, and it seems like most things she puts her name to have success. She took a big risk by slapping her name on a television network, I think its going to take a lot of time and guts for Oprah to publicly say something she put her name to was a flop. I do see how a lot of the shows on the network are appealing but I also don't know of anybody with an appetite to sit around watching those shows night and day.  But it also seems like the network is on a constant cycle. Its good because if I forget to watch a certain show I know I'll have several opportunities to see it again. And while I know the network isn't geared towards my demographic I do take interest in some of the programming. However, it also seems to be the channel I turn to when there is absolutely, positively nothing else on. I'm sure Oprah never intended it to be that way. I think I heard the ratings for OWN have tanked compared to when it was branded as Discovery Health!

Offline DarkBaron

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 12:59:51 AM »
Wait... Rosie had a talk how on OWN? I didn't know that...

Offline shieldsy101

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »
Anyone else find this post just a bit ironic coming from this particular user?

:headbang:

Tech, seriously, shut up. And, unlike Cyclone, I'm not having a tantrum, I'm being perfectly calm about this whole situation, but I am reaching the point of increasing frustration with you. If you don't like what I say, just ignore it, you seem to already to done so via PM, so do us both a favour, and keep on ignoring me on the forum. I honestly couldn't give a damn what you (or anyone else on this forum) thinks about me.

And one more thing.......

IT WAS A JOKE!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:06:52 AM by shieldsy101 »
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 02:34:31 AM »
Geez, people... if you don't like something, don't watch it.  There's no need to demand that Everything You Dislike Must Disappear From the Universe.

I didn't see one post in this thread to which this statement applies.  Did I miss something?

When I saw the first couple of words in the thread title, I was hoping the rest of it would be "goes under."

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 03:47:08 AM »
I kind of have to agree with Axl. I don't get the whole "good riddance" thing when some of you probably didn't watch the show or the network in the first place. You just hear Rosie or Oprah didn't do well and say "good." Pretty callous considering you don't even watch.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 04:39:34 AM »
Next host of TPIR!!!!!!!!

:D

Oh, hell no..

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 07:59:19 AM »

It's an Out in Left Field thread about a show being cancelled, and I can't say that I can't stand the network the show comes on without you making a comment like that? Come on now. Get real, and stop putting words in my mouth. No one demanded anything. The comment I made was half in jest, actually, but it's readily apparent the humor was lost on some people. Ugh.

I kind of have to agree with Axl. I don't get the whole "good riddance" thing when some of you probably didn't watch the show or the network in the first place. You just hear Rosie or Oprah didn't do well and say "good." Pretty callous considering you don't even watch.

"Considering you don't even watch." How do you know that? Right. You don't. I think I've certainly sampled the network enough to give an informed opinion of it. Maybe you were referring to someone else, but then again, you have no way of knowing whether or not that person watches the channel either. You're just assuming...  ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:09:53 AM by temptation1979ga »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
"Considering you don't even watch." How do you know that? Right. You don't. I think I've certainly sampled the network enough to give an informed opinion of it. Maybe you were referring to someone else, but then again, you have no way of knowing whether or not that person watches the channel either. You're just assuming...  ;)
I am indeed assuming, but one thing I certainly see is that some people aren't fans.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
I don't like Rosie O'Donnell so i'm glad they canceled her show.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
I think everyone here can guess the one person who's probably "Jumping for Joy" that Rosie O' Donnell's talk show has been axed.
Of Course, we all remember her nasty confrontation w/ Elisabeth Hasselback on "The View" but what about her nasty blowup at Tom
Selleck back in I think 1999 on her other talk show. I don't even remember what the topic was but I just remember there was a whole of controversy behind that.

To me, Rosie didn't really any interesting celebrities on her show (except Mariah Carey, Fran Drescher, and Gloria Estefan) and I think she tried to re-create the magic that she previously had on her other talk show (that won her at least 6 Daytime Emmys for Outstanding Talk Show) but it didn't work.

I do know that Oprah's network ratings dipped after the strong start when it was first launched but the network ratings rose to at least
3 million when Oprah sat down w/ Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina and her sister-in-law and husband (My Uncle and I watched it).  The only programs I watched on Oprah's network were the "Season 25 Behind-the-Scenes", "Oprah's Life Class", and
"Oprah's Next Chapter" (tonight it's Lady Gaga). 

I hope the OWN network will continue on but if it dosen't, I'm pretty sure Oprah'll have something else planned.
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
Carlos' comment was in no way shape or form a demand.  Furthermore, no one in this thread demanded anything.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
Carlos' comment was in no way shape or form a demand.  Furthermore, no one in this thread demanded anything.

That's exactly why I was taken aback when, out of all the posts in this thread, my comment was singled out as the one that most represented "demand that Everything You Dislike Must Disappear From the Universe." No demands were made, and certainly "Everything (I) Dislike" was not discussed in the brief sentence I typed. I apologize if I was snippy towards anyone; I was just a bit mystified to see my post presented as evidence of all that.