Author Topic: Oprah’s OWN cancels Rosie O’Donnell’s talk show  (Read 5555 times)

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Oprah’s OWN cancels Rosie O’Donnell’s talk show
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »
Does anyone actually care that Oprah Winfrey has a network devoted to her and her BFFs? Not me! That channel has no use in my house. Also, after what happened that year Rosie O'Donnell was on The View, I could care less about her.

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »
Does anyone actually care that Oprah Winfrey has a network devoted to her and her BFFs? Not me! That channel has no use in my house. Also, after what happened that year Rosie O'Donnell was on The View, I could care less about her.

What happened?  Never had much use for The View, but knowing Rosie I'll bet this is a good story.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »
What happened?  Never had much use for The View, but knowing Rosie I'll bet this is a good story.

Her and Elizabeth Hasselback got into a huge argument about the Iraq War.

The whole fight is on youtube.

Offline TheTechSGT

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
^ Watching it now.

howierules, all I can say is WOW.  Small wonder you feel that way.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »
Does anyone actually care that Oprah Winfrey has a network devoted to her and her BFFs? Not me!

Same here. When I saw the first couple of words in the thread title, I was hoping the rest of it would be "goes under."

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
This was bound to happen.  O'Donnell's behavior in recent years has been pretty awful.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:27:52 PM »
Didn't like her (or Oprah for that matter) 20 years ago, don't like them now. Both are egotistical hypocrites.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:35:07 PM »
When I found out Rosie's show was axed, I did this.

The actual retail price is...

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »
Geez, people... if you don't like something, don't watch it.  There's no need to demand that Everything You Dislike Must Disappear From the Universe.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »
I used to like Rosie when she had her first talk show.  She was funny and spontaneous.  Today, she's neither.  So good riddance to her latest attempt at a talk show.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »
Next host of TPIR!!!!!!!!

:D
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
Truthfully when she first came back, back in October, I was excited to see her show. But it kind of became a snoozefest for me quickly. It really wasn't the type of show I thought she would do. I kind of thought she would make it some sort of late night-type show in primetime. I was kind of surprised that she did a format change during the christmas break. Even though I really liked it, I also felt it was a deadly move for her to make.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline shieldsy101

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:05 PM »
Geez, people... if you don't like something, don't watch it.  There's no need to demand that Everything You Dislike Must Disappear From the Universe.

You forget though, that this is a internet forum, populated by quite a few people, who seem to think that at their every whim, Television will automatically be made perfect to their liking, and if anyone disagrees with their opinion, they can get lost.  :lol:
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
I watched the premiere episode and thought it was good but not good enough to make it must-see television and tune in everyday. I'm not surprised to see the show canceled, the ratings plunged. The show premiered at around 500,000 but went down to around 150,000 which is television suicide. Lets face it, Rosie had it her peak and while her name carries some weight her good days in show business are over.

Who wants to place bets the Oprah Winfrey Network will soon come to an end?