Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 3/20/2012  (Read 13117 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 3/20/2012
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 3/20/2012

Episode #5892K
Aired: 3/20/2012; Tape Date 2/8/2012
Models: Gwendolyn Osborne, Rachel Reynolds, Manuela Arbelaez
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Gwendolyn
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: 3pr designer crap shoes (ARP: $1,710) (Rachel and Manuela)

ERIN DANIEL CELESTE ANDREW WINNER
$900 $1000 $925 $1 DANIEL

Daniel is playing Cover Up for a Honda Civic LX sedan. (1.8l engine, AT, EcoAssist) (Gwendolyn)

BOARD         4
4 8
0 8 1
2 9 5 3
1 4 2 1 7
3 9 1 7 6
Original 2 6 7 6 2
Try 1 1 9 9 5 7
Try 2 1 9 2 5 7
Try 3 1 9 2 4 7

ARP: $19,217 LOSS

Second IUFB: Outdoor pizza oven (PiesOn; ARP: $1,139) (Rachel)

Erin HAMPAR Celeste Andrew WINNER
$526 $499 $575 $400 CELESTE

Celeste, an alumnus of Xavier University, is playing Most Expen$ive.

32" outdoor LCD HDTV (SunBriteTV) (Manuela) $2,595 LOSS
Weatherproof billiards table (OpulentItems.com) (Rachel) $3,000  
5pc cast iron party bar set (Hayneedle.com) (Gwendolyn) $4,470  

Third IUFB: All-in-one computer (Dell; 23" touch screen, 1TB HDD; ARP: $889) (Gwendolyn)

Erin Hampar HELEN Andrew WINNER
$1502
DUH!!!
$1 $1500 $1501
DUH!!!
HAMPAR

Hampar is playing Cliff Hangers for The Bedroom Group of Doom (OpulentItems.com; Comfortaire GS700 queen mattress) + pair of e-readers. (Kobo; Total ARP: $5,859) (Rachel)

ITEMS (Manuela) GUESS ACTUAL STEPS The Master comes out of nowhere and annihilates Yodelly Guy, driving him through Earth before he can even begin climbing. I think his corpse is half-way to Alpha Centauri by now... EPIC FAIL
2pc Doctor Who tea set $85 $20 I don't really care.
Mandoline $ $
Toaster oven $ $

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Hampar $889 25 15 40
Celeste $1,139 5 80 *SHOWCASE*
Daniel $1,710 35 95 OVER

Fourth IUFB: Set of three coffee makers (Jura Capresso C5 + EC100 + grinder; ARP: $1,209) (Rachel)

Erin NICOLE Helen Andrew WINNER
$1
beeeee......
$400 $525 $250
beeeee......
HELEN

Helen, the Jersey Girl, is playing Safe Crackers. The grand prize is The Kitchen of Doom. (stainless steel; 30" gas range, 20.6 cu.ft. refrigerator, dishwasher) (Gwendolyn)

The combination item is a 17pc stainless steel cookware set. (Cuisinart; Total ARP: $7,367) (Rachel) The numbers are 0, 6 and 7. (Manuela on door)

Guess: 760
ARP: 670 LOSS

Fifth IUFB: Electric bicycle (Solex; ARP: $2,600) (Manuela)

Erin Nicole JOHN Andrew WINNER
$1101 $1800 $700 $1100 NICOLE

Nicole is playing Pass the Buck for a Mazda 2 Sport 5-door. (1.5l engine, AT; ARP: $16,005) (Rachel)

Gorton's frozen salmon Nabisco Cream of Wheat Wink hair clog blaster Sunsweet Plum Amazins diced prunes
$3.69 $3.49 $5.99 $2.49
WRONG     WRONG
$3.69 $4.49 $6.99 $2.49

One Choice: 5 (choice bolded)

CAR LOSE EVERYTHING $5,000
LOSE EVERYTHING $1,000 $3,000

Total: *$1,000* LOSS

The Bob Barker Studio is looking rather cadaverrific after those terrible low bids by Andrew and Erin. Then Nicole pulled the plug on Erin's smeghead gambit. This is a terrible situation, with the winless polar bears on the approach. Or does somebody, maybe Erin, still have the spark of life?

Sixth IUFB: Karaoke system (Party Tyme Karaoke; ARP: $622) (Gwendolyn)

Erin ALLISON John Andrew WINNER
$551 $400 $200 $550 ???

The polar bears chase the orderlies backstage as they cart Andrew to the morgue, but Erin IS ALIIIIIIIVE!!! She is playing Magic #.

The hardware for the game was redone and is now faster. ARP boards have new backings. Drew started her at $850 when demo'ing the lever, and the game has a new sound to it.

Camera (Sony; 24.3MP) (Rachel)
ARP: $1,000
GUESS:
$1,614
ALL HAIL ERIN!!!

Las Vegas (RT coach LA to Vegas, 6n Red Room Paris Las Vegas, spa treatment) (Manuela)
ARP: $4,171

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Helen $1,209 55 60 OVER
Nicole $3,600 35 35 *SHOWCASE*
Erin $5,793 35* 70 OVER

SHOWCASE ROUND
Nicole has the honor...

SC1 - CELESTE WATER FUN FOR THE LAZY SPORTBOAT
BID: $24,615 13pc beach gear set (Rachel)
Sea-Doo Speedster 150 15' sport boat (w/trailer) + Ski Seat waterskiing chair (Gwendolyn)
ARP: $20,411
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $1,139
SC2 - NICOLE GET LOST PERU/ITALY
BID: $23,000 GPS receiver (Garmin Nuvi)
Peru (RT coach LA to Lima, 6n Inkaterra Hotel, tour of Machu Picchu)
Italy (RT coach LA to Rome, 6n Hotel Atlante Garden, day tour of Pompeii)
ARP: $25,541
DIFF: $2,541
*WIN* $29,141

Show Results: 1 out of 6
Total Winnings: $39,881

THIS RECAP IS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:30:13 PM by Kitch »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: TPiR Recap - 3/20/2012
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:45 PM »
Nice to see Magic # make its return, and a triumphant return at that.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »
Lineup:

Cover Up: L

Most Expensive: L

Cliffhangers: EPIC FAIL

Safecrackers: L

Pass the Buck: L ($1000)

Magic #: W

Magic # returns, and it was won on an easy setup.

$85 on a teapot set in Cliffhangers? Seems like he didn't care about the prize.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
Cliffhangers and Safe Crackers I think both should've been won - not great pricing choices from either of those contestants.

On Cover Up, I immediately knew that when the contestant did not pick the 1, that he had lost - and I was correct. I seem to be getting better at that all the time.

I thought personally that the small items in Pass the Buck were difficult to price. I missed on the first one, but I would've gotten the second with the hair unclogger.

I also enjoyed seeing Magic #, and I agree that that was a very easy setup - I would've chose to put it at $2,200 or so, but either way won.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
With 3 good shows in a row, it looked like that Mike's starting to realized that people are winning games and was in a severe act of desperation.............Nothing too much to express today, considering the only solid win was Magic #, so a bunch of trips were won today.........Surprise, surprise (sarcasm).  :roll: However, the Cliffhangers contestant was one of the worst contestants of that game........or any game for that matter. Why would he think that a 2 piece tea set would cost $85?! (facepalm) Obviously he was another Anjuli.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:50:05 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »
Thank you, Drew, for getting through an entire episode without acting like a dumbass.

Cliff Hangers was just...wow.  I haven't seen the game lost that badly in quite a while.

(On the upside, it's always fun to see people lose Cliff Hangers. :))

Yay for Magic #!  Also yay for Magic # practically being a forced win!

I'm not crazy about Magic #'s knew sound effects.  They sound far too calm.

For the second day in a row, showcase #2 could use a rewrite...and actually, so could #1, since it only had two prizes, but I see an easier way to fix #2:

This showcase contains prizes that were lost but have now been found.  And it starts with a trip to that mystical city, Machu Picchu...in Peru!

*Insert Peru plug*

And our next destination was not lost so much as buried.  It's historic Pompeii...in Italy!

*Insert Italy plug*

And we daresay you've been lost on the road at least once, but you never will be again with the GPS...in your new car!

*Insert car plug*

And this showcase, where you'll be lost if you overbid, can be yours if the price is right!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »
Is it just me, or did the Yodely Guy also all of a sudden speed up towards the last 3 - 5 tick marks or so.

And at least that contestant wasn't as bad as:

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:57:13 PM »
Man, Cliff Hangers should not have been lost the way it was. (Although, it did give us the entertainment of a Cliff Hangers wipeout. ;))

I don't think I've ever seen PtB that hard before.

Magic # returns!  :biggrin:

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »
Today show was awful and i hope tomorrow show will be better.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline namilliron

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »
I won COver on the 2nd try using the "Elevator" strategy and M# using my "UNBEATABLE?" ZOOMbid ($2134, if you remember that particular PBS show from the 1970s, you'll understand the reference).

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
This episode was pretty much contestants continuing to let season-long setup trends continue, and then failed on top of it. I in particular don't think Buck was meant to be wiped out, and 5k was even in #3. That, with Drew definitely in "I'm bored and maybe in mid-life crisis" mode, do not mix well.

*But*, there was a lot to take in for Magic #, which was a joy to see 6th:
-I got the sense they realized the game was approaching broken territory, which is a pretty positive thing for me to acknowledge. Good job!
-I don't think the sound effect changed, rather, it's at its maximum pitch with the speed tweaked.
-Mike even allowed a completely forced win! I wouldn't want it that easy next time, but OK!
-One negative though is a fairly sloppy edit - Drew mentions her going up to 2100, but this certainly wasn't shown. The lineup wasn't that long and two games went their minimum length, so there isn't much justification for this.
-Did we really need the left plasma filled with TPiR staff pictures? Let's leave trips out of M# unless the lower one is a 1xxx, like Big Bear. I understand today was a specially designed setup, but there's been some less than optimal staging the past couple days.

I'm hoping it gets back on a decent 6-8 week schedule instead of its usual 12-16.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »
Well as for each pricing game:
Cover Up - Evil as usual especially when the 4th digit was 1
Most Expensive - Evil setup again
Cliff Hangers - 85?! You must be insane to say that. That costed you a win and made you wipeout.
Safe Crackers - Evil i thought the price was 760 it was 670 that was el cheapo.
Pass the Buck - Evil again and a forced wipeout.
Magic # - Nice win to save the show and easy setup! This got rid of the skunk.
Only 1 win today but that's not as bad as 0/6 wins.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »
I won COver on the 2nd try using the "Elevator" strategy
What's the elevator strategy?

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 06:00:28 PM »
Nice win on Magic # to keep the show from being winless! :-)

What the sam hill was that contestant thinking on Cliff Hangers? ??? :headbang:

Those showcases weren't very good today, IMO.  Why wasn't there a car in either one of them?  It's not like any cars were won during the pricing game portion of the show.

Not too good overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »
I've never seen a contestant work from right to left in Cover Up before.  Still didn't produce a win.  SOMEBODY PICK THE 1, DAMMIT!

Most Expen$ive was a tough choice.  Outdoor pool tables are always expensive, but that aluminum bar set looked expensive.  I knew for sure that the outdoor TV was not the correct answer... as most of us knew anyway.

$85 for the first Cliff Hangers item?!  Wow, we haven't had a stupidly high guess in Cliff Hangers in a while.  Speed Hans up, Union Guy.

John's come-on-down was... different.

Holy bleep!  It's Magic Pound Sign!  And double holy bleep!  Somebody actually won it!  (It was a little hard to bleep the game up today, with that $3,000 spread to work with.  And Drew starting the magic number over $800.)

My showcase bids:
:frbs: --$19,107
Lost--$23,107

I won COver on the 2nd try using the "Elevator" strategy and M# using my "UNBEATABLE?" ZOOMbid ($2134, if you remember that particular PBS show from the 1970s, you'll understand the reference).

The ZIP code for Boston, the city in which it was based--02134.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:40:03 PM by BRB_TheFireball »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16