Author Topic: The Price Is Right Australia - 2012 series  (Read 104073 times)

Offline theamazingracer

• In Contestant's Row
Re: The Price Is Right Australia - 2012 series
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 01:32:08 AM »
The announcer's been confirmed. And it's not Shaun Cosgrove. It's Brodie Young, a former Big Brother contestant. Damn, I'm going to feel weird watching this knowing I've seen him naked.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 05:49:15 AM »

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 07:22:03 AM »
Is anyone else finding it a bit ironic that for a while, Price was competing with Deal or No Deal, and now they are on the same network?
I support The Price is Right.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 08:03:07 AM »
Not just competing, but Deal or No Deal won convincingly and forced 9 to cancel TPIR.   Now it's reversed and possible that TPIR will replace Deal in its current timeslot soon.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:13 AM »
p.s. Is it just me... or is there no contestant's row  8-O  I can't see one on the floor anywhere in that promo.  It would actually make sense not to have one for the aussie version...

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 08:33:51 AM »
From Media Spy....

Channel Seven today announced that the reincarnated The Price is Right will premiere next Monday 7 May at 5.00pm.

The perennial favourite, which originally premiered in 1957, will again be hosted by Larry Emdur. Photographs released today of the new set seem to back Seven's claim that the revival will 'be given the edge of a 21st century game show' whilst also retaining the classic format.

Fans of Shawn Cosgrove, who would famously bellow 'come on down!' to contestants on the Channel Nine version may be disappointed to learn that he has not resumed the role. Instead, former Big Brother housemate and Quizmania co-host Brodie Young steps into the role, which will be expanded to include some on-stage interaction.

The fourteen regular games on the show are a mix of new and old, and include Safe Crackers, Cliffhanger, Hole in One, Plinko, Squeeze Play, Checkout and High-Lo.

Winners of the three regular rounds then compete for the chance to play for the Grand Showcase, with four major prizes, including a brand new car.

The Price is Right is produced for Seven by FremantleMedia Australia and will air weeknights at 5.00pm.

Only 14 games :O  Crazy talk.  There better be at least double that if the show lasts more than a couple of months.

Anyway, check this out - http://www.sevenwestmedia.com.au/docs/business-unit-news/the-price-is-right.pdf  .  Looks like a media pack including descriptions and rules of some of the games.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:38:22 AM by brosa0 »

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »
Can I just say after reading the game descriptions.... you guys in the US don't have much to complain about! :P

3-digit Squeeze Play?  What, is it 1980 again?   :oldlol:

Offline APABLD

• Outside in Line
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 09:28:25 AM »
I'm excited to see what Plinko will be like in the Aussie version. But only a max of 3 chips?

I'm attending the May 9 evening recording session with my mum and sister. Should be great!

Offline robbie_the_dips

• In Contestant's Row
  • Aussie TPIR Fanatic!
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 03:54:34 AM »
i'll have this on youtube by 6pm monday :)

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:34 AM »
I'm excited to see what Plinko will be like in the Aussie version. But only a max of 3 chips?

I'm attending the May 9 evening recording session with my mum and sister. Should be great!

I have heard that Plinko may well be played for Big W vouchers.....  (Big W is a department store - like Kmart or Target)

Offline robbie_the_dips

• In Contestant's Row
  • Aussie TPIR Fanatic!

Offline babya

• In the Audience
  • Aussie TPIR Lover
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2012, 05:47:51 AM »
Heard in the promo music that sounded like a rejigged version of the 1993-1998/2003-2005 theme.

Nice to see Plinko on the Aussie TPIR (have watched Plinko on the  US TPIR on W Channel and then Arena a few times before Arena pulled it from their schedule late in 2011).

What a great slow-mop of the new set being built.

I'm sure more pricing games will be added at a later date.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin

Offline theamazingracer

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
Good Lord, this does not sound promising. NO car games (even adapted ones), and FIVE grocery games out of fourteen? I suppose there's a possibility some of the four games we haven't heard about are for cars, but why advertise three-digit Squeeze Play?

Plus, the brunette male model? Total butterface. (Yes. I'm shallow.)

I think the one saving grace is the surprising addition of Take Two. Easily the most underrated Price is Right game in history.

Offline robbie_the_dips

• In Contestant's Row
  • Aussie TPIR Fanatic!
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 04:01:50 AM »
doesn't look like we are getting our uniquly australian showcase either :(