Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/3/2012  (Read 10002 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 4/3/2012
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 1/14/2011

Episode #5912K
Aired: 4/3/2012; Tape Date 2/28/2012
Models: Rachel Reynolds, Amber Lancaster, Manuela Arbelaez
Announcer: George Gray
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to right

First IUFB: Sharp 42" LCD TV + Dell desktop (ARP: $1,199) (Rachel)

BIVORY GREGORY LISA DAVID WINNER
$900 $745 $950 $999 DAVID

David is playing 5 Price Tags for a Mazda 3i Touring. (Manuela)

ITEM DISPLAY GUESS ARP
All-clad Belgian waffle maker $280 FALSE $280
TRUE
Electric can opener (Oster) $18 TRUE $18
TRUE
Video camera (DXG) $99 FALSE $99
TRUE
Mandoline (Progressive) $49 FALSE $30
FALSE

Janice gets one tag.

TAGS (Amber)
(choices bold)
CORRECT?
$19,689 NO
$18,530 NO
1st: $16,890 NO
$17,795 NO
2nd: $20,499

*WIN*

Second IUFB: Designer crap purse (Chanel; ARP: $2,000) (Manuela)

Bivory Gregory Lisa LATOYA WINNER
$600 $601
UGH!
$602
LOL!
$1500 LATOYA

Latoya is playing Flip Flop for a pair of Honda TRX 90X ATVs (Rachel with Daniel Goddard of The Young & the Restless)

ORIGINAL 95 89
GUESS 95 98
ARP 59 98
ARP: $6,987 LOSS

How do you mess up a setup that easy?

Third IUFB: Power tools (Evolution Rage; ARP: $600) (Daniel aboard Chuggs)

Bivory Gregory Lisa REBECCA WINNER
$650 $550 $1 $532 GREGORY

Gregory is playing Danger Price. The danger price is $3,375.

ITEM ORDER ARP
Refrigerator/Freezer (Elmira Stove Works (Manuela)   $3375
Samsung 46" 3D LED-LCD TV (Manuela) THIRD $2495
*WIN*
Recumbent exercycle (Body Solid Endurance B2R) (Rachel) SECOND $1165
Foosball table (Rachel) FIRST $1202

Total won: *$8,237*

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Latoya $2,000 70 STAY 70
Gregory $8,837 85 STAY *SHOWCASE*
David $21,342 65 45 OVER

Fourth IUFB: His and her's watches (ARP: $575) (Daniel and Rachel)

Bivory VALERIE Lisa Rebecca WINNER
$1 $999 $1700 $2000 BIVORY

Bivory is playing Pick-a-Number for The Dining Room Group of Doom. (with Noritake dinnerware and stemware) (Rachel) The choices are 2, 4 and 8. (Daniel)

CHOICE   4      
ARP *WIN* $ 4 9 9 8

Fifth IUFB: Kamado grill (Big Green Egg; ARP: $1,176) (Rachel)

SKYLER Valerie Lisa Rebecca WINNER
$850 $900 $700 $901 REBECCA

Rebecca, who named her son after Drew, is playing Stack the Deck for a Ford Focus S. (2.0l engine, keyless entry, tire pressure detection, AT, cargo area protector, paint and fabric protection) (Amber; Manuela on items)

Available numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8.

Kraft Easy Cheese spread (8oz can) Allegra-D allergy relief (5ct) Unisom SleepTabs (48ct)
$2.99 $8.89 $17.99
Hefty paper bowls (25ct) Cortizone-10 itch relief (2oz tube) Allegra-D allergy relief
WRONG ($4.29) RIGHT (5th, 7) RIGHT (1st, 1)

GUESS: $18,367 (free numbers bolded)
ARP: $18,647 LOSS

*Macsen hops out of a time portal* What is it with the missing recaps and contestants stuck on the Row? *he jumps back through*

You see, if Gregory didn't decide to self-defibrillate one guess after his premature $1 outbid, he'd be in danger of the morgue. Lisa didn't really do anything wrong. In fact, she's had some smart bids. But that's the way things go sometimes for The First Four Wall of Shame. Can she parlay the last bid advantage into a self-rescue?

Sixth IUFB: Karaoke system (Vocopro KTV3808; ARP: $939) (Amber and Daniel)

Skyler Valerie Lisa ALANA WINNER
$850 $900 $700 $901 ALANA

Lisa heads over to get her mugshot taken, while Alana will play Clock Game. The bonus prize is a trip to Antigua. (RT coach LA to Antigua, 6n all-inclusive Verandah Resort & Spa; ARP: ???) (Amber)

3pc luggage set (Guess; ARP: $695) (Rachel): 2000 1500 1000 600 700 650 660 670 675 678 680 690 691 692 693 694 695 RIGHT (14s left)

iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi + 2 covers (Manuela): 700 800 750 730 725 715 710 709 708 707 *WIN* (5s left)

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Rebecca $1,176 95 STAY *SHOWCASE*
Bivory $5,573 20 55 75
Alana $3,341+ 40 20 60

*Macsen pops his head out of the time portal* They never did reveal the ARP for the trip to Antigua. So since Alana's journey ends here, the exact winnings have been lost to time. Pun absolutely intended. *he ducks back out*

SHOWCASE ROUND
Gregory has the honor...

SC1 - GREGORY HOT MERCHANDISE ON THE RUN (all Rachel) SPORTSCAR
BID: $43,200 1.25ct diamond/sapphire necklace + earrings
6hr $2,000 shopping spree in Beverly Hills
Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport
ARP: $30,988
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $8,837
SC2 - REBECCA Y&R AND TPiR: A TALE AS OLD AS TIME SAILBOAT
BID: $35,000 His-and-hers designer crap outfits (Daniel and Manuela)
Paris (RT coach LA to Paris, 6n hotel) (Daniel and Manuela)
His-and-hers designer crap nautical-theme outfits (Amber and George)
Sailboat (MacGregor 26M) (Amber and George)
ARP: $43,998
DIFF: $8,998
*WIN* $45,174

Show Results: 4 out of 6
Total Winnings: $86,267 + Antigua trip

THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY MACSEN

Quote from: Me, a very long time ago
Got a busy night tonight. Recap will be delayed.

Quote from: Macsen, four months after finally posting the recap
Seriously? You left the names for SCSD #2 from the template you pasted in? Get a hold of yourself, man!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 08:50:55 PM by Macsen »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/3/2012
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »
Lineup:

5 Price Tags: W

Flip Flop: BURN IT L

Danger Price: W

Pick A Number: W

Stack the Deck: L

Clock Game: W

A decent 4/6. Five Price Tags and Danger Price were easy.

Now about Clock Game. Drew nearly messed her up, stuttering his high/low sayings, confusing the contestant.

Bidding about $43,000 on Jewerly, Paris, and a Mazda Miata??

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
5PT: Nice job by David! $19,390 was also my first guess for the Mazda. And that was a hilarious blooper w/ that non-stick waffle maker!

F-F: Latoya simply chose the wrong -98 choice.

Danger: I thought that fridge would be even more expensive!

PaN: As easy as it will get, folks.

StD: Rebecca needed to have somehow swept the groceries (the right ones were all on the same line again) & have chosen the last three digits to have won. I would've missed the last grocery item.

Clock: Decent job.

Showcases: That was a well-done reveal- showing Gregory's overbid first was the right thing to do. And Drew, please stop saying someone cleaned up often even though they didn't win their Pricing Game (Stephanie's $104K+ DSW is one notable exception).

Good show today.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »
Got a busy night tonight. Recap will be delayed.
How about posting the placeholder early on when you know it will be one of those days?

Anyways, for a show with 5PT and Stack, pretty decent one. SCs are bad this week though, and Stack's GPs seemed to "compensate" for a relatively friendly price (although the same price was used on 12/19, and I don't recall wipeout GPs).
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »
Bidding about $43,000 on Jewerly, Paris, and a Mazda Miata??

Is perfectly valid. Confusing one showcase for another!?!?!?

SC2 had Paris, Designer Crap, and a Boat, and was $43,998. So why can't Jewelry Paris and a Miata be $43,998? (Even though SC1 was not that)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
We did VERY well to go 4/6 on this particular show. 5 Price Tags has been on a nice roll this season even despite some tough setups, and Clock Game is finally beginning to get some momentum going as well. Clock Game playings like today are almost even more rewarding to watch than the superfast ones - when you get a contestant who clearly doesn't know the game very well, yet sticks with it, learns as she goes along and still wins, that makes for good TV. However it's tough unfortunately for all of that not to be overshadowed by a lot of typical Mike stuff going on, including a particularly impossible Stack The Deck, Drew acting like a goof, and a ridiculous 2nd showcase with $8,000 worth of designer crap in it. (That showcase essentially had 4 TPIR look of the weeks in it). When is enough enough? Also, it's somehow even more frustrating to see games like Deck and L7 continue to remain impossible while other games, even Pathfinder, gradually become more reasonable. It's just frustrating by contrast. Blah - this one was good, but left a bad taste in my mouth.

Timings:
5 Price Tags (5.5) - 4:25
Flip Flop (3.5) - 3:36
Danger Price (4.5)- 3:52
Pick A Number (3.5) - 3:22
Stack The Deck (5.5) - 5:18
Clock Game (4.5) - 5:16
Total (27): 25:49

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »
Cool!  5 Price Tags was won, despite that evil $280 waffle maker showing up.  I had a feeling the car would be $20,000+.  George said the word "Touring" in the car description, and "Touring" usually means expensive.

Go away, Daniel Goddard!

Danger Price was easy.  Good thing that Gregory had a faint idea that Elmira appliances are notoriously expensive.

Yay!  Big Green Egg!

Unless Rebecca thought that a Ford Focus might cost $21,000+, there was absolutely no sense in picking the first number.

My showcase bids:
Car--$27,107
:frbs: --$42,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »
How about CBS or Price just come right out and announce that they've hired Daniel Goddard as an official male Price model from now on? He modeled far more today than he has in any past show, to be sure...

A 5 Price Tags win is a great way to start the day! I see Mike decided to go to the other extreme for this one (most of the past playings, the cheapest price was correct; in today's (and 10/13's), it was the most expensive). Setup itself wasn't too bad for a 3T-1F, since at least one of the True prices was intuitive, the car looked in the $18K-$20K range, and $18,773 doesn't look very good, so that was less likely to be chosen.

That said, the Evil $280 Non-Stick Waffle Maker decided to be even more evil by... not being non-stick.  :P

Flip Flop: Overpriced the ATVs. At least she observed the evens rule.

Danger Price: I was worried that the refrigerator was going to be even more expensive (around $4K) and that something else was more expensive than it looked. Thankfully, it was as easy as it looked.

Pick-a-Number: Hey, remember when Mike would always set this game up with consecutive digits and deceptive prizes to get loss after loss in this game? Today... not so much.

Stack the Deck: I guess some contestants do not know that Ford Focuses aren't $21K, like we thought the last time this exact same car and setup (as far as possible number choices) came up...

Clock Game: Played well despite early overbidding and a bit of a slip-up by Drew.

I guess Mike is making up for not having anything particularly good for my birthday with this week so far...

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
Once again, a pretty good show:

THE BAD NEWS:

Flip-Flop: Did the peanut gallery really think that a pair of ATVs would be worth $9598?! No wonder Latoya lost that...................

STD: Another loss..........Nothing new to say the least. But Rebecca did redeemed herself with her showcase win...............Surprised that the designer stuff, a trip to Paris, and a boat would be more than $43,000.

THE GOOD NEWS:

5PT: David did good with only those two tries! I didn't think that a waffle maker would cost $280............At least a faulty one. LOL I thought that mishap was funny, though.

Danger Price: I thought it was a little too easy, considering that they put out that retro fridge. Nice to know that Gregory avoided that for the win.

Pick-A-Number: Another easy win!

Clock Game: Alana sure was no Anjuli when she won the luggage and the iPads, also the Antigua trip and $1000 bonus! That was a good job!!

Still some good wins today, but I think Mike is milking Daniel Goddard right to the bone. If Daniel wants to be the new model or, in this case, the first male model in the show's history, why don't Mike just give him the damn job, and be done with it? Unless, he already gave him the job.......................
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:25:02 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:50 PM »
Since both Goddard and Flip Flop were rolled into one today, I'm surprised this message board didn't implode. That being said, really good show today.  Drew was (almost) on his game all day, and the lineup was fun.  Question about Clock Game:  Had she lost, would they still have given her a Tech Win since Drew stumbled badly, and they could say that threw her off?

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
If the Flip Flop contestant just stopped and thought about it, that would have been an easy win. Picking $5998 means each ATV costs $2999. Makes sense.

Today was the show for people who don't much about TPIR to win. Both the Clock Game player and the Danger Price guy needed rule clarifications. It probably helped that an iPad 2 was one of the prizes. The general public seems to have a ballpark idea of the price. Drew emphasizes talking clearly in his Clock Game instructions. But when Clock Game contestant crash and burn, I think failing to listen is often the problem.

I know many posters hate designer crap, but I thought Showcase #2 was well done.

Is it just me, or does Daniel Goddard look stoned when he's modeling?

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
^Most of the audience was convinced each ATV was much more.

I hated that "Belgian" was removed from the copy. It makes the show look worse then they feel they need to do that to get an already impossible SP harder.

Offline titantoa4

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 11:35:56 PM »
With the number of times this season that Daniel Goddard has appeared on Price Is Right in some capacity, I'm wondering if they might be considering giving him the hosting gig on Price Is Right, after all they tried it once with another Young and The Restless alumni, I am of course speaking of Doug Davidson. and the only reason it tanked was because of Monicagate as I like to call it.

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
With the number of times this season that Daniel Goddard has appeared on Price Is Right in some capacity, I'm wondering if they might be considering giving him the hosting gig on Price Is Right,
Doesn't seem like that to me, because they don't really have him do any hosting-type duties. He just models. The regular models do more talking than Daniel. I don't see why Daniel modeling sometimes has to mean anything beyond TPIR planning to have a male model on some episodes.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »
...Hosting? No.