Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Video Game Idea  (Read 2093 times)

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Wheel of Fortune Video Game Idea
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:01:25 AM »
I know Ludia probably doesn't have the rights to create Wheel of Fortune Games for iPad, Wii, or Xbox. But, I was thinking wouldn't it be a cool idea if some company made a Wheel of Fortune Decades Game? The 70's could be the Woolery era, 80's could be the bright wheel colors and obvious 4 row puzzle board, 90's could be the trilon board with the 94 border or 96 border. The 2000's would be the puzzleboard similar to the one made in 1997 because it ran into the 2000's and 2010's could be the current set, board, etc. Wheel amounts would be true to the dollar amounts of the decades. Prizes would be similar, etc. Bonus rounds would be simlar to their decades.... 80's pick a prize, 90's blind draw and 2000's and 2010's mini wheel. Maybe have bonus clips, etc.

What do you guys think?

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Video Game Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »
I'm not sure if THQ would consider making a Wheel of Fortune Decades game. However, they may not want to add Decades to the title. It does sound like a good idea, though.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »
Maybe have bonus clips, etc.
So long as they actually cover the show's history and do not contain any of the clips that have been shown over and over again. The biggest daytime winner ($65,271 during Benirschke's brief era) would count, as would Goen's biggest (somewhere between $40,000-$50,000). And, if they can, include the slates for reference.

I also would not mind token gestures to Shopper's Bazaar and Wheel 2000. If you want a Sidoni clip, show the contestant who lost the Bonus Round and wanted him to open the envelope.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:11:34 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 02:02:09 AM »
So long as they actually cover the show's history and do not contain any of the clips that have been shown over and over again. The biggest daytime winner ($65,271 during Benirschke's brief era) would count, as would Goen's biggest (somewhere between $40,000-$50,000). And, if they can, include the slates for reference.

I also would not mind token gestures to Shopper's Bazaar and Wheel 2000. If you want a Sidoni clip, show the contestant who lost the Bonus Round and wanted him to open the envelope.

I wouldn't bet on clips from Wheel 2000 (I even forgot about that version) or Shopper's Bazaar if any clips were used. I think they would just stick with Wheel clips. Price used rare clips in their 2010 PC version so I can't see why Wheel could use different clips instead of the same old, always shown clips. Wheel isn't limited as Price is where they won't show models so their clips are probably easier to show and choose from.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 02:12:43 AM »
I still think Ludia should do a Hollywood Squares Decades (60's set, 70's set, 80's set, 90's-2000's set), Pyramid Decades (70's $20K set, 80's $25K set, 90's $100K set (I know both the 80's and 90's were the same set), 2003 set), Password Decades (60's set, 70's Password Plus set, 80's Super Password set, 2009's Million Dollar Password set), but these are probably wishful thinking and are never gonna happen. A Card Sharks game would be cool too.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:15:12 AM by 3StrikesFan »

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »
I still think Ludia should do a Hollywood Squares Decades (60's set, 70's set, 80's set, 90's-2000's set), Pyramid Decades (70's $20K set, 80's $25K set, 90's $100K set (I know both the 80's and 90's were the same set), 2003 set), Password Decades (60's set, 70's Password Plus set, 80's Super Password set, 2009's Million Dollar Password set), but these are probably wishful thinking and are never gonna happen. A Card Sharks game would be cool too.
Throw in Jeopardy! and Match Game, and then we can talk.

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »
I would love to see a "Wheel of Fortune" Decades game be made for the Wii, that would really be cool !
The 1975-1981 set w/ the green contestant backdrops and the 3-line puzzle board and the "Big Wheels" theme music.

The 1981-1989 set (my favorite) w/ the sunburst backdrops. the 4-line puzzle board and the "Changing Keys" theme and the prize turntable, as well the old intro w/ the Wii Pat coming out first as the gold curtain falls down and he introduces the Wii Vanna as she comes out doing her twirl-and-pose, just like in the good ol' days !

For 1990: the Bob Goen contestant backdrops, 1991: the diamond shaped contestant backdrops (first debuted during the show's 2-week stay in the Big Apple back in 1988), and for 1992 to 1994: the stardust contestant backdrops, the 89-92 or 92-94 "CK" theme, and the same puzzle board from the 80's, and then from 1994-1997: the season 12 puzzle board or the puzzle board w/ the traveling border and the big band "CK" theme. 

From 1997-2003: the new puzzle board w/ the Wii Vanna now touching the letters and the different theme week stage settings.
2003-present: the same theme week stage settings and the puzzle board w/out the fancy borders.

I think tons of Bouns clips and memorable moments would definitely be a plus, I can think of a few:
Both Pat and Vanna making their "Wheel of Fortune" debuts,
Pat's last daytime show from 1989 where he kisses Vanna and Merv pops up behind them,
the 1995 show where Pat chops off a piece of Vanna's hair/her grand entrance w/ her then shorter hair look,
Pat (when he lost his voice) turning the letters while Vanna hosted the bonus round,
The last day w/ the old puzzle board/the first day w/ the new one,
Pat and Vanna playing for charity during April Fools 1997,
just to throw a few out there.

I think this could work, as a matter of fact, I would even like to design the whole game, I'd hook it up really, really well !
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.