Author Topic: TPiR 4/26/12 (Audition Day 4)  (Read 10365 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
TPiR 4/26/12 (Audition Day 4)
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
<><><><><><><>

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: TPiR 4/26/12 (Audition Day 4)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »
Yes yes yes!  Somebody finally won Cover Up!  Somebody finally picked the 1!  (OK, Naomi was forced to pick the 1 on her last turn, but we'll take it.  And by "we", I mean "anybody who doesn't have sour grapes about the overdue Cover Up win".)

On the flipside, we had Dice Game, which was perhaps the most evil price I have ever seen in that game.  Not that it really mattered:  Charles stupidly thought that Mazda was over $25K.

My showcase bids:
Tripcase--$20,107
Fiat--$22,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »
Cover Up is still not a hard game, so it was about time things fell right today.

The rest... eh. Setups were fine again besides Dice - I mean, you don't play it that often anymore, so don't go insane over it when you do play it, Mike.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »
Wow, I never seen Dice Game that evil ever. It didn't matter because Charles was done anyway.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:37:35 PM »
C-H: I was hoping that grill wasn't $50 at the end, but it was.

CU: AT LAST- SANDBAG OF THE SEASON NOMINEE!!!!! I thought for sure the last digit was going to be 8.

OWP: Easy for at least yours truly only; Inspire home gyms usually end in -95.

SBS: I would've lost. So much for having CU as the only game won today- that would've been funny.

IITB: Why didn't you agree w/ your friend Mike, Roland, on stopping at $4K? Why?

Dice: Definitely one of the most evil prices used in that Pricing Game; at least Charles made the loss much less painful than it could've been. I thought for sure the price was $21,135. Mike clearly didn't want either car PG to have come close to being won today, but we sure got lucky w/ CU!

Showcases: I thought the tripcase would be much cheaper than what it was.

Good show today thanks to CU finally being conquered.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »
I guess I was too quick to throw Cover Up under the bus, seeing that it was finally won............thanks to Naomi! She definitely played that like a pro and because of her, the losing streak from that game is finally over!!!! ALL HAIL NAOMI!!!

On the other hand, Mike did got the last laugh on Dice Game..........Only he would make it that diabolical by putting 1 on the first three missing letters. So the price of the Mazda was $21,115. Unfortunately, Charles was absolutely clueless into thinking that the car would be more than $25000..........So I was kinda happy that he didn't advance to the Showcase when he went over on the wheel, after making a dumb move like that on Dice. A well-deserved punishment IMHO
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:18:24 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
Dice game was brutally evil today so were it's in the bag and 1 wrong price. Cliffhangers was winnable and nice to see cover up won.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »
You know, this really has been a good week, in terms of the general feel of the show being normal and TPIR-ish, Drew's good hosting AND decent setups - all on one week!  Until Dice Game came along today and ruined one of those. Sigh. There is no excuse ever for 21115. Ever. It would be one thing if Dice were still getting played every week, but given that we barely get to see it as is, there should be no reason for it to be a lockdown forced loss every time. It's never good when even Drew seems shocked at the price....

Apart from that hiccup, this was a decent enough show. The big highlight today was finally breaking through in Cover Up! This Cover was strangely a bit easier than past playings in the fact that there weren't any super obvious numbers in the last 3 digits, and that made it easier for the contestant to get more tries. It was still awesome to finally get a win in this game though. Other than that, the rest of the show was solid if unspectacular. Bag was a little on the nasty side with the tea bags and Liquid Plumr, but those have both appeared on the show many times, so an LFAT could have still done OK. And I did enjoy the first showcase today - it was a neat theme for yet another boring FRATS. As for Drew, he should just watch tapes of this week over and over again and start doing that every week. Hoping for a solid end to the week tomorrow - while far from perfect, this is still the best week in awhile.

Timings:
Cliff Hangers (4.5) - 4:27
Cover Up (5) - 5:10
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:19
Side By Side (3.5) - 3:34
It's In The Bag (6.5)- 5:26
Cover Up (5) - 4:25
Total (28): 26:21

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
It was awesome to see Cover Up's losing streak come to an end! :biggrin:  Nice win on Side By Side too.  Dice Game sure was dismal between the evil setup & Charles screwing himself by saying that the second number was higher than 4.

Pretty good overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline jmorgan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
Just to be curious, did Lisa win the first two SP's in Cliffhangers?

Offline WilliamPorygon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 07:03:50 PM »
Just to be curious, did Lisa win the first two SP's in Cliffhangers?

Yes.  In Cliff Hangers the contestants win any SP's that they bid on and don't cause Hans to go over with.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
Cover Up was awesome not only because it was won, but because of how it was won.  I honestly don't think I've seen that happen even three times.

Congratulations, Mike, on doing something Roger thought was impossible:  Controlling Dice Game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »
Wow! I know I'm just doing some echoing here, but Cover Up was great today! And I agree that not only because it was won, but the way it was won. Once they saw she had the last number right, there was nothing left to do but to pick up the 1 just for formalities.

Just to be clear, the losing streak for Cover Up has been season-long, right?
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 09:50:29 PM »
Just to be clear, the losing streak for Cover Up has been season-long, right?
It is now 1-21.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »
Okay, let me get the ugly out of the way... Dice Game. That was ugly on two fronts. One, that setup should be banned in all 50 states, all U.S. territories, and for that matter, the entire universe. I thought Cover Up's Dice-Game-able price would have been evil, but this one is just... man. $21,115? Come on, Mike. Two, contestant stupidity: a Mazda6 more than $25,000? Come on, Charles.

Now, for the less epic parts of the show:

Cliff Hangers: It's kind of refreshing to see a loss in this game that isn't from horrible mispricing like the other three falls Hans had this season, and just from, well, not knowing the prices (or Cliff Hangers) well enough. I mean, that still should not have been lost, because I would love to know where Lisa shops for $35 portable grills.

One Wrong Price: Ending digit knowledge would have helped tremendously, because no one was going to suspect that the home gym was the cheapest of the three otherwise.

Side-by-Side: Kind of a toss-up, with only a $1500 spread in the possible prices. I thought it'd be the cheaper price; shows what I know.

It's in the Bag!: I nailed this setup; as I predicted, the run-around-like-crazy-putting-velcro-paddles-on-a-board-for-thirty-seconds tea bags were expensive. Ronald, like many others before him, overpriced Liquid Plumbr. He should have at least listened to his partner and stopped at $4K.

And finally...

SOMEONE FINALLY WON COVER UP!!!!! YES!!!!!

That was an epic win, too. Both the third and fourth digits were the lowest choices (with the fourth one not as low as it normally is), and Naomi did well to pick the low 3 for the fourth digit on her second try while avoiding any "nice" numbers for the last digit. Then, when she was still thinking high on the third digit, she got the last one, and thus backed her way into the win! It figures the only way we were going to beat Mike at his game here is to have someone back their way into it, and I'm so glad she did just that!

The bad news is, a 1-21 record for this game is still ugly, and I doubt it'll get much better the rest of the season, but at least we can cross Cover Up off the "winless this season" list!