Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/7/2012  (Read 14530 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
TPiR Recap - 6/7/2012
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 6/7/2012

Episode #6004K 
Aired: 6/7/2012; Tape Date 5/22/2012
Models: Manuela Arbelaez, Gwendolyn Osborne
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Manuela
First Four Contestant Seating: Mixed (3,2,4,1)

First IUFB: Party Tyme Karaoke Machine (ARP: $622) (Gwendolyn)

PAMELA SCOTT DAVID MELISSA WINNER
$925 $1000 $575 $1 DAVID

David is playing Punch-a-Bunch (Manuela)

ITEMS (Gwendolyn) DISPLAY CHOICE ARP
Mini Sewing Machine $17 HIGHER HIGHER
$24
Heart Shaped Bologna Sandwich Cutouts $25 LOWER LOWER
$10
Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven $33 HIGHER HGIHER
$45
Mini Fridge $30 HIGHER HIGHER
$59

First Card: $100 GO ON
Second Card: $250 GO ON
Third Card: $2,500 BAILOUT *$3,201*
Fourth card: $500 GOOD

Second IUFB: 4 Designer Trenchcoats (ARP: $2,430) (Gwendolyn and Manuela)

Pamela Scott KATHLEEN Melissa WINNER
$1000 $1001 $1950 $2000 MELISSA

Melissa is playing Push Over for a Trip to Chicago (RT Coach LA to Chicago, 6n Premier Suite Hotel 71, Daily Breakfast, Dinner 1 Evening) (Gwendolyn)

DISPLAY 9 3 2 7 8 6 9 0 1        
        CHOICE 9 3 2 7 8
ARP $7,869
LOSS

Third IUFB: Bradley Digital Smoker (ARP: $628) (Gwendolyn)

Pamela Scott Kathleen PETER WINNER
$875 $1100 $1 $1350 KATHLEEN

Kathleen is playing Now... Or Then for a Dodge Journey SE (2.4L, A/T; ARP: $21,795) (Gwendolyn) The "Then" Date is January 2002.

Baker's Shredded Coconut Liquid Plumr Penetrex Gel Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs
$1.79
$4.69 $1.49

5) THEN 4) NOW
NOW
NOW
LOSS
NOW
Twix Candy Bar Eggland's Best Eggs (1 Dozen) Flintstones Complete Gummy Vitamins
89˘ $2.19 $6.72
 2) THEN 1) NOW 3) NOW
 NOW THEN  THEN

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Kathleen $628 60 75 OVER
Melissa $2,430 50 10 80
David $3,236 80 STAY *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: 4 Rockboard Scooters (ARP: $720) (Manuela aboard The Price is Right Train)

Pamela Scott MARIA PETER WINNER
$1875 $1 $1500 $900 SCOTT

Scott is playing Shopping Spree. The target amount is $6,500.

ITEM ARP RUNNING TOTAL  
Bosch 22cu.ft. Refrigerator (Gwendolyn) $1,999 $1,999  
Marc Jacobs Accessories (Manuela) $3,160 $5,159  
Futuristic Foosball Table (Manuela) $1,509 $6,668 *WIN*
Sony Vaio Laptop (Gwendolyn) $850 *$7,518*

Fifth IUFB: Roberto Fiore Double Bathroom Vanity (Cabinets To Go!;  ARP: $1,001) (Gwendolyn)

Pamela ROBERT Maria Peter WINNER
$1 $875 $750 $885 PETER

Peter is playing Flip Flop for a new bedroom group. (Ashley Dawson, Comfortaire Luxor Queen Mattress Set, Panasonic 32" LCD HDTV) (Manuela)

ORIGINAL 69 79
GUESS 69 97
ARP 69 97
ARP: $6,997 *WIN*

Sixth IUFB: Trip to Big Bear, CA (RT Limo, 3n Best Western Plus Big Bear Chateau, Ski Lift Passes; ARP: $1,685) (Manuela)

Pamela Robert Maria CELINA WINNER
$2650 $1295 $1 $1675 CELINA

Celina is playing Line 'em Up for a Nissan Versa S (1.8L, 4-Spd A/T, CC, RKE, Splash Guards, PP, AA) (Manuela)

FIRST CAR DIGIT     1    
Men's Snowboard (Lamar) (Gwendolyn) 5 6 7    
Paper Shredder (Gwendolyn)     4 6  
4 Cuisinart Coffee Accessories (Gwendolyn)   6 2 5  
LAST CAR DIGIT     8    

Result: 2 Right

FIRST CAR DIGIT     1    
Portable grill   5 6 7  
Rolling backpack     4 6  
Exercise bike   6 2 5  
LAST CAR DIGIT     8    

Result: 1 Right LOSS (ARP: $17,458)

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Celina $1,685 95 STAY *SHOWCASE*
Peter $7,998 25 50 75
Scott $8,238 35 80 OVER
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:48:32 PM by vadernader »
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/7/2012
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 6/7/2012

SHOWCASE ROUND
David has the honor...

SC1 - DAVID BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL COLORS TRIPS/CAR
BID: $27,000 Palm Springs (RT Limo, 6n The Saguaro, Daily Breakfast, Welcome Dinner, Two 90min Massages, Dinner for 2) (Manuela)
Ireland (RT Coach LA To Dublin, 6n The Carton House, Daily Breakfast, Tour of Guinness Factory) (Manuela)
Volkswagen Beetle (2.5L, A/T, Navigation System, Fender Audio System, First Aid Kit, Mat Kit) (Gwendolyn)
ARP: $38,297
DIFF: $11,297
*WIN* $41,557
SC2 - CELINA RUN RUN RUDOLPH ROOM/TRIP
BID: $22,300 2pr Men's + 2pr Women's Nike Shoes + Pedometers (Manuela)
Inspire Smith Cage Home Gym + NordicTrack Treadmill (iFit Live, Google Trail) (Manuela)
Dominica (RT Coach LA to Dominica, 7n Spa & Adventure Package in Ocean-View Jungle Cottage at Jungle Bay Resort Dominica) (Gwendolyn)
ARP: $20,344
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $1,685

Show Results: 2 out of 6 (1 bailout)
Total Winnings: $62,581

THIS RECAP IS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY VADERNADER
TEMPLATES BY KITCH

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
NoT was absolutely painful to watch even muted here. It's one thing to see Liquid Plum-R, and to extent the eggs (aren't they still around this price today? Nasty), go as expected, and across from each other, that was the game right there. It was another to see the candy and Flintstones (yay 6.72! I remember that from summer reruns in my youth!) also missed. I guess Flintstones was also meant to be missed, but I am aggravated about 0.xx candy keep getting missed. It was a TINY thing of Twix this time! Just a debacle all around... I think I would have actually "enjoyed" a regular Cover loss over that.

Unfortunately after praising a good June stretch, definitely a step back today. At the very least, the new game tomorrow has enticed me, even if it's a quickie.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »
Only 4 games were setup for wins today which were Pushover, Now or then, Shopping spree, and flip flop. Line em up was setup for a loss.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »
I like the one contestant's shout out to Bob Barker during the second (I believe) Showcase Showdown.

I was hoping that Now...or Then would be won, at least after the two THEN prices were revealed, because usually it's four NOW prices and two THEN prices. But I see now that that was wishful thinking, because it seems the average contestants today don't know much about any of the pricing game to pay that close attention.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 03:01:57 PM »
Only 4 games were setup for wins today which were Pushover, Now or then, Shopping spree, and flip flop. Line em up was setup for a loss.
A) "Only" 4? Come on, that's a pretty good day.
B) You're completely wrong on NoT, come on now, just because it was easy for us doesn't mean a thing.

Anyone who thought the 4/2 rule would actually be known is also silly... although that would have been pretty nice.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
PaB: Still no winner of at least $10K here this season.

Pushover: $7K+ sounded about right for the trip to Chicago.

NoT: I'm not too surprised Kathleen struggled w/ this playing since it was played for a $21K+ car, even though I did get all of them right.

SS: First official win of the day.

Flip-Flop: Easiest game of the day, IMO.

LEU: I knew we were going to get shut out in the car games at least once this week & today was it. Celina hurt her chances after getting the 7 & the 4 right the first time.

Showcases: If only Celina had bid $2K less than she did...

OK show today.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 04:11:35 PM »
Man..... One of the few times they play N....o T for a car and the contestant blew it......
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 04:47:54 PM »
This was another "blah" show that we were really due for after a good week. Just move along, not much to see here, except Punch being Punch. It's curious that NOT for a car always shows up in June (3 years in a row now) when budget management is at its tightest, and well, today's setup did its job a little too well. :)

Timings:
Punch A Bunch (5.5) - 5:36
Push Over (4) - 3:38
Now...or Then (5) - 5:23
Shopping Spree (4.5) - 3:58
Flip Flop (3.5) - 3:23
Line 'em Up (5.5) - 4:41
Total time (27.5): 27:40

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »
Now Or Then:  Evil, although, IMO, Kathleen should've known that the Liquid Plumr was now because I don't think it was around back in January 2002.
Shopping Spree, Flip Flop:  Nice wins! :-)

An ehhhh show overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 06:58:04 PM »
We've seen a lot of $2,500 cards in Punchy this season... but where the hell is the big stuff?!

If it wasn't for the Dob rules, I would've said that $6,901 was the right price in Pushover.  $3,278 looked way too low, and everything else looked way too high.

Now or Then for a car wasn't that difficult.  Any TPIR knows that once you've revealed the two THEN items, everything else is NOW.

My showcase bids:
Car--$32,107
Dominica--$20,107 ( :dsw: )
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline little star

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »
Punch A Bunch: $2500 is nothing to sneeze at.

PushOver:  The price she chose got her about half way to Chicago. :lol:

Now or Then:  Geez, that was played "super great".  She annoyed me.  Cant quite explain why.  Maybe it was her blaming her poor game-play moves on The Peanut Gallery.

Shopping Spree was pretty easy for a LLFAT.  And it was won.

Flip Flop was as easy as putting on a flip flop.  If that setup had been lost, the SEC would have been called in.

Line them up had 2 possible great choices.  It just didn't go her way today.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
Today's show, not as good as any of the last 3, but still okay. Hopefully we'll get a well-balanced win-loss record this week if we get 2 more wins tomorrow.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:32 PM »
Punch-a-Bunch: All I could say in the end was, "I'll take the loss, I'll take the loss. $2500 is a good amount to bail if there is only one hole left."

Push Over: As someone who actually stayed at the Hotel 71 for a couple of nights (and also the number of instances trips to Downtown Chicago were offered), you really get some nice views of the downtown riverfronts and the Magnificent Mile (the south end of it); but you would really get a view of the Trump Tower, since it is right across the river. With all those thoughts and recollections, it is worth some money, but definitely not 3278.

now... or then: I knew that $6.72 price for the vitamins took me back a while. Kinda sunk when Kathleen went Then for the plumbing liquid.

Shopping Spree: I would have picked the big foosball table over that tiny laptop.

Flip Flop: Ashley Dawson. Sniff.

Line 'em Up: I would have changed the 2 to a 6 and still lose.

Showcases: Those rainbows in the first Showcase seem to remind me of something, especially that rainbow (design) behind the Beetle... :roll:
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline kballard30

• In the Audience
  • me in me NEW SWEET RIDE!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
i thought that double cross looked cool for a debut