Author Topic: RIP - "Today" Show?  (Read 5658 times)

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: RIP - "Today" Show?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 04:39:54 PM »
Incidentally - Savannah Guthrie is officially Ann's replacement as co-anchor on Today: http://allday.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/29/12477406-savannah-guthrie-named-co-anchor-of-today?lite&ocid=ansent11
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 05:24:44 PM »
I think the only three times I've watched the fourth hour were the last three times I got my car serviced and it was on in the customer service lounge while I was waiting.

The only time I cared for the fourth hour was the day that Regis Philbin got the chance to be a guest host (he was filling in for who has got to be my least favorite Today Show personality right now, Hoda Kotb) one day last week. Other than that, I wouldn't dare watch that fourth hour on a bet.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »
Incidentally - Savannah Guthrie is officially Ann's replacement as co-anchor on Today: http://allday.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/29/12477406-savannah-guthrie-named-co-anchor-of-today?lite&ocid=ansent11

This is very, very good news to me. I'm so glad NBC is not giving Ann's former job to Hoda or Kathie Lee, I'll tell you that right now.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »
It just seems like an odd choice and I don't see what the problem would've been with an actual interesting program. Although, I guess their choice in hosts made it interesting.

It's interesting enough to draw in a good number of viewers. On the flip side, there's plenty of people for whom a game show, for example, wouldn't be the least bit interesting.