Author Topic: "So what'd you say to Bob??"  (Read 3974 times)

Offline tomxconn

• 4/16/98
  • TPiR Alumnus
"So what'd you say to Bob??"
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:16:28 PM »

OK, this is for those TPiR alum on here who were fortunate to get on stage with Bob....

Any amusing stories you wanna share of what you & Bob talked about while Rich/Rod were describing the prizes/products in your pricing game? Of course, home TV viewers don't see or hear any of it, but audience members, like myself, notice Bob and the contestant talking, chuckling, etc.

Aside from the obvious, "where are you from, what work do you do...", was there any memorable, or funny dialogue you had with Bob?

"What would you do with $11,000?"

"I'd get my wife off my back!"

Offline TPIRob

• 1/3/2000
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: "So what'd you say to Bob??"
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 09:54:44 PM »

Well, he had just come back from having surgery on his blocked artery, and I remember telling him how glad I was that he was back and doing well....and he thanked me for that.  Of course, that was the only composed moment I had while I was on stage, but that's neither here nor there! LOL!

Offline tomxconn

• 4/16/98
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:27:36 AM »

When I was at tapings, I know I asked him from the audience if he ever considered going wireless (I should've known that he probably gets asked that constantly!), and I told him if it were up to me, he & Rod would be our commencement speakers at Oglethorpe Univ. in ATL.  They thought that'd be an honor!

But those treasured, little known conversations on stage with Bob, I'd love to hear more of!

"What would you do with $11,000?"

"I'd get my wife off my back!"

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 05:42:37 AM »
I was at 3 tapings. Once I wished him a happy birthday, because one of the tapings I went to was just a few days after his birthday. Another time, I quizzed him on the first words he said as he was introduced by Ralph Edwards. He couldn't recall, but I told him he made a reference to having a shotput aimed right at his stomach, and he seemed to remember. I also requested being a male model, which he replied "give me 3 weeks to think about it" :-)

Offline chnlsrfr4

• 6/15/2004
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 02:29:50 PM »
I recall the word "Relax" being said many times. It doesn't really come off while watching the show, but I felt like I was nearly hyperventilating!