Author Topic: Introduction to Season 41 Recap Thread  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Introduction to Season 41 Recap Thread
« on: September 21, 2012, 10:45:31 PM »

Season 41 is two days away, and for the third time since Joe resigned, the job of doing the daily recap has changed again. Kitch and Vadernader have done an excellent job since Joe resigned and I along with the rest of the board I am sure thank their hard efforts. While most people have noticed my posting of the August 17 and September 4 recaps, I waited until after the S40 Special to post this thread.

I have only a couple things to say, and I will keep them brief.

1) The September 4, 2012 recap was the last use of Kitch's template likely ever. I have had help putting together brand new practically everything for Season 41 and forth. (You may have noticed the new Double Cross template in the recap as an example.) All 74 games (I believe 72 are active, but we have Credit Card and Check Game getting their own redesigns god forbid they do return.) I won't show more than what I already have, so you'll have to wait until September 24. I am also debating keeping the weekly recaps up. However, if I don't Scorpz's site will be beneficial to those who wish to get a weekly recap.

2) I freely admit I am a college student. This semester has amazingly left me enough time off to get this job done. (Something I didn't expect to have.) I get home from campus just after 4 on Monday and Wednesdays, 2 on Tuesdays. Thursday I get home at 10 AM (if I don't have anything else to do.) I will still be in chat on certain Thursdays and Fridays. Expect my recaps to be up between 6-8 PM on average on Mondays and Wednesdays. If it's Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, it should be (can't make promises) up much earlier. (I am looking into investing a TV tuner card once I get some money in October.) - When that happens, they should be up sooner than current. No matter what happens there, the thread will be up between 11 and 2 daily.

3) My eyes aren't perfect, so if I make typos (don't be surprised if I do) or make a mistake (like confuse Gwen and Manuela), feel free to notify me. I will look immediately as I see it and make sure it's corrected within 10 minutes time. You can PM me the error (which I'd see faster than looking for a post in the Recap thread.)

4) The purpose of a recap thread is to discuss the day's show. Unless there is a particular reason to cover it, non-episode related matters should be in threads in Out in Left Field. Self-moderation is a good value to have.

Enjoy Season 41. I know I will.

- Roadgeek Adam
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:58:02 AM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Roadgeek Adam

Re: Introduction to Season 41 Recap Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
I have to add this, and it's becoming very prevalent recently. NOT EVERY CONTESTANT ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT IS A LOYAL FAN AND TRUE WHO DID THEIR HOMEWORK. While we wish it could be the case, it's not true. Don't holler at a contestant for thinking a cutlery set is $500 not $962 that you saw on Any Number last night or that a 2013 Maserati Coupe is $UVW,XYZ. Just because we like going and knowing these details doesn't mean everyone on the show will. We're not all the same. Hell, you put a car in front of me with no knowledge of any numbers, I might not know it either. I don't know the details of splash guard or auto armor, contestants likely won't either.

Second, when I talk about self-moderation, I want people to understand that I mean that THINK before you speak. If it does not need to be said, then please don't say it. As I've said before, think about it this way: Would you want to be on stage and in the recap thread, us bashing your performance? I've kept a promise to not edit out someone's comments without a justifiable reason, and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
Here's the record of my next semester.

I start January 22 again. My schedule has a 10:50 AM - 2:00 PM break on Mondays and Wednesays, but I have an 11:00 class on Thursdays to deal with. In any event, I will be watching live on Fridays as usual.

I also do know that my community college graduation is May 16 and I am in the process of applying to a local university. Further details towards that I will announce when I know it.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
Well, as the May 23, 2013 recap shows, significant work has been done in various spots. I feel an explanation of them is in order.

Overall:

A) The Item Up for Bids Podiums have larger nametags. There won't be a need to squinting at those anymore.

B) Holy No Gray Text Batman. We have gotten the fonts to display in all white now for the games that were showing up in gray (Any Number, Bargain Game, Clock Game, Temptation, Check-Out, Bullseye '76, Pass the Buck, etc).

C) The post-length limit on Golden-Road.net has been changed, so as of today, the images will cease to exist. I will begin replacing those starting this weekend.

Individual Games:

D) Freeze Frame - The numbers are now significantly larger and readable.

E) Make Your Move - The funked up color scheme is now accurate.

F) Flip Flop - The box size that had been going all Bonkers when displayed is now accurate.

G) Coming or Going - Similar to Flip Flop, the borked box sizes have now been fixed.

We're making progress, but we still got work to do (The fonts in general, Plinko, etc).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:08:39 PM by Roadgeek Adam »