Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/3/2012  (Read 13260 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/3/2012
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:12:40 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/3/2012
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
The cars were cheap crap today, even the L7 one.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:21:44 PM »
This was an excellent show. Even though the car games struck out, the manner in which they struck out still made this show enjoyable.

I think the makeup was there to trip up the contestant in Grand Game. Luckily, he didn't fall for it and picked up that win.

Balance Game was nice and reasonable. It seemed easy to me even with the $1,000 difference.

I was not expecting Switcheroo. That came out of nowhere. Nice choice to end off the show. However, I am sad to see that they did indeed replace the original SP table with some fixture. That's disappointing. I thought it would survive in this game, but I guess they wanted to switch up the style. I don't think anything was wrong with solid colors, but that's the way they went. See ya.

How fitting for a good show like this to end in a Double Over. Here's hoping for just as good or even better show tomorrow.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »
This is one of those episodes we always hate- both car games lost & a DOB (which shouldn't have occurred today). At least the other four PGs were won today & $1K was won off The Big Wheel.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »
I thought today's show was pretty good.

It's nice to see another $10,000 win on Grand Game. Haven't had one in a while.

Also, good win on Balance Game.

I wish that Drew would stop bringing Vanessa on camera. I know he hasn't done it for a while, but twice in the same show?!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
Although we finally broke the 4/6 plane, it came at the cost of typical L7 and Roo setups and an awkward DOB without losing horns and feeling rushed. Small steps... at least Grand was a lovely setup.

Drew was not good today... I don't understand what he was up to in the SCs.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »
Mike went easy on Grand Game today. The setup felt like a Roger setup.

What an awkward ending today. Seems like Drew wanted to get out early.

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »
Lucky seven and switcheroo were the only 2 pricing games today that were difficult to win the car. And we got our first 4 for 6 show of the season.  :-D
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »
Katrina made Lucky $even interesting by nailing the 7, but there was no way she was gonna get the 8 in the final slot.

Switcheroo was exciting, too.  I thought for sure Nancy had the car.  I thought the organizer was only $15.

I saw that DOB coming from a mile away.

My showcase bids:
WWP--$28,107
Emeralds--$19,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »
Is it me, or was today the first show with a new way to present mattresses?  The familiar way was to just show an art card, but we had a full-fledged computer-generated tour of the mattress as George read the plug.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:09 PM »
Today was a very enjoyable show to watch. I found myself rooting for all the contestants.

I was impressed with Grand Game. A win on its first appearance of the season is a great start lets hope it keeps up.

I concur with some people here, the ending was, well, it was weird. I dont know if it was the absence of the losing horns or how rushed it seemed but it felt more like 'oh youre over, how about you, oh youre over too. g'night folks' it was just...there.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Weak lineup, standard car game setups (come on, no Bee for the super cheap car?), avoidable DOB, meh. And let's not have Drew bringing random people on camera again. It was refreshing to see Grand Game set up that nicely though - every once in a while it's good to do that.

Timings:
Range Game (4) - 3:52
Lucky $even (4.5) - 4:11
Grand Game (5) - 5:03
Balance Game (4) - 3:57
One Right Price (3.5) - 3:03
Switcheroo (5.5) - 6:00
Total (26.5); 26:06

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
Is there any way a guy can ask for a screen grab of the new Switcheroo SP table?

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
Well, we finally got a 4/6, even though no car game was won. Grand Game in particular was a good setup.

L7 was played kind of badly, though; there was no reason to miss the second digit by that much. That said, so far this season, the setups for this game have avoided 1's and 9's outside of the second digit, using 2's and 8's instead, so it's a bit easier than it's been most of last season.

Also, at least we avoided a Switcheroo wipeout. She still fell into the trap of going for high numbers in the car price, though.

DOB shouldn't have happened. At the very least, Katrina should have recognized that Tina was very likely over, and bid conservatively on her own.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »
Is there any way a guy can ask for a screen grab of the new Switcheroo SP table?
Your wish is my command

That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.