Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time Ends  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Daylight Savings Time Ends
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
Speaking of DST, a special day will come next year for me, and it's a very important day. I turn 30 on March 10th, 2013, and that's the day we "spring forward" an hour! I happen to be a clock nerd, so this event is special for me. Never in my life have I ever thought the day would come when an event like this happens on my birthday, thanks to the new DST rules (I know they've been in effect for a few years) The only sad part about this is that the time change that happens on this day won't happen again for another 6 years.

Offline Rusty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »
For the record, grammatically, you should not start a sentence with a conjunction. :P

But you're mistaken!  And others agree.  Starting a sentence with a conjunction has been acceptable for some time, especially in an informal setting such as this.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »
But you're mistaken!  And others agree.  Starting a sentence with a conjunction has been acceptable for some time, especially in an informal setting such as this.

For the record, I was just joking around (Thus the :P...). I said that you should not, I never said you can not.

I'm fully aware of everything you just said, and in an informal setting such as this, "Savings" and "Saving" should not really matter either. :) (Especially since Savings has been commonly used and accepted for some time as well)

Speaking of DST, a special day will come next year for me, and it's a very important day. I turn 30 on March 10th, 2013, and that's the day we "spring forward" an hour! I happen to be a clock nerd, so this event is special for me. Never in my life have I ever thought the day would come when an event like this happens on my birthday, thanks to the new DST rules (I know they've been in effect for a few years) The only sad part about this is that the time change that happens on this day won't happen again for another 6 years.

That is very interesting! Too bad you lose 1 hour of your birthday though :-(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:01:25 PM by vadernader »
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »
Yeah, it is a shame that I lose an hour of my life on my birthday. Oh well, what can you do?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 12:21:59 AM »
Honestly, I prefer Daylight Shifting Time myself.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Rusty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
For the record, I was just joking around (Thus the :P...). I said that you should not, I never said you can not.

I know, I know.  I saw the smiley.  I was just being a pill.  ;-)

Honestly, I prefer Daylight Shifting Time myself.

Seconded.  The word 'saving' is particularly inappropriate considering we're still rapidly losing daylight during the first week of November.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:39:32 AM by Rusty »